• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch .... Leicester City

Mick

Life President
Referee for what may be Leicester's promotion party, regardless of the result, is Clive Penton, from Sussex. A bit of a Graham Poll look-a-like, he is in his 8th and final season as a League referee. It is probably just as well he is nearing retirement age as he certainly isn't the quickest around the pitch.

Has been at Roots Hall loads of times, usually accompanied by loads of cards. His first visit was in 2001/2 when we beat ten-man Swansea 4-2 thanks to two penalties. Last season he sent off Matt Harrold against Yeovil and also did the home match against Doncaster .. not the play off.

The season before he did the Ipswich home game, producing 8 yellows and the Yeovil away game when he dismissed Adam Barratt.

This season he has maintained an above-average card count.

Assistants are John Hayto from Springfield, Chelmsford and Sam Lewis from Bedfordshire with Gary Evetts from Hertfordshire acting as 4th official.

the Matt Harrold sending off was an appalling decision in a game that was really a bit of a bloodbath as Yeovil kicked us all over the pitch -

trust us to get an effing joker for a big match

Doesn't look good, I think there's a few people will need to "zip it" and watch the tackles. Was really hoping for a good ref for this game.

Doesn't look good, I think there's a few people will need to "zip it" and watch the tackles. Was really hoping for a good ref for this game.

Let's hope Tilson makes some decent substitutions (i.e when Macca is on a yellow and spends the rest of the game either scared to go in for a challenge or inviting a red....)!!

Totally off the subject somewhat, but I'm reading The Damned United and Revie used to keep a file on every ref. Do you think Tilly does this or does he just rely on the very reliable SZ Michael?

Back