• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leon Brittan

Hopefully someone can go into his office and find that dossier.

Important allegations against him in a number of newspapers (not ones I normally read!) Star, Mirror, Express. Wouldn't put anything up here as I'm not sure of UK libel laws after someone has died. If they are remotely true, he sounds a rather evil character

Really does look as though a can of worms has been opened, following his death. It would appear that many refrained from naming him as it could have predjudiced any trial that he may of faced, more than any concern over libel procedings. There is a wealth of information out there and comments from Barbara Castle are rather interesting. The papers also identified one of my hate figures from the Thatcherite era, Rhodes Boyson as a speaker finder and fundraiser for PIE (Paedophile Information exchange)..............nice........wasn't he a Headmaster?

Last edited:
When I opened this thread without really looking at it first, I thought it was bad spelling and the Swansea footballer had died

Important allegations against him in a number of newspapers (not ones I normally read!) Star, Mirror, Express. Wouldn't put anything up here as I'm not sure of UK libel laws after someone has died. If they are remotely true, he sounds a rather evil character

As far as I understand, you can't libel the dead.

The exposure of this will run and run but I think barriers are and will be put in the way every inch of the way. This runs deep into the establishment.

Much easier to bring a hapless disc-jockey to book for a bit of fondling in the 1960's, than FAR serious abuse involving the establishment.

Erm......Yogi....."hapless disc-jockey"? Really? :stunned: I wonder if you might be better qualifying that statement as to which of them you regard as "hapless" because Savile most assuredly wasn't.

Maggie gone,he is gone...now all we need is Tebbit...bloody good hat trick...happy days

Erm......Yogi....."hapless disc-jockey"? Really? :stunned: I wonder if you might be better qualifying that statement as to which of them you regard as "hapless" because Savile most assuredly wasn't.

Yes, sorry, I was going to make a very strong exception for that evil man and in the end forgot.......unfortunately his crimes went far beyond a bit of fondling. It does appear that what has been covered up here could sadly be on the level of Saville's horrors............or even worse.

Yes, sorry, I was going to make a very strong exception for that evil man and in the end forgot.......unfortunately his crimes went far beyond a bit of fondling. It does appear that what has been covered up here could sadly be on the level of Saville's horrors............or even worse.

What you call a 'bit of fondling' could be a life-changing event for an innocent child.

I think you should be a bit more careful about how you word these things - every time one of these historic abuse cases is revealed, one thing that's shocking is the long-term terrible effect that it's had on the victims.

The truth about who was involved, what they got up to, where they did it etc etc etc will never fully come to light and more to the point, mark my words, no living member of the political and/or establishment elite will ever be brought to book over the recent allegations, should they be true ;) They will stop at nothing, and I mean nothing, to cover there own backs and look after their own.

It's like a house of cards, once one goes the whole lot come tumbling down and 'they' will never allow that to happen. Cyril Smith was just the very tip of a very large sordid iceberg.

Maggie gone,he is gone...now all we need is Tebbit...bloody good hat trick...happy days

You can add to this list Joseph, Rhodes Boyson and probably a number of others. Happy days? For me, far from it, I'm afraid. These people have gone to their graves carrying their secrets with them and if they were guilty of any of the accusations being made, they, like Saville will have cheated punishment. That is why the pursuit of justice after their passing must be continued as vigorously as if they were still living. From what I have read Thatcher was aware and indeed warned about the behaviour of some of her colleagues but appears to have brushed it off by saying that she had some rather 'naughty' boys in her cabinet. This may have passed in the 1970's but it certainly doesn't stand up to the rigours of today's investigations and there are certainly questions that she would have needed to answer, if she were alive and well enough today.

Back