• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leon Con$tantine

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
The greedy git has joined Northampton. Really did help your career by upping and running after one decent season didn't it, Leon.

As much as I can't stand the guy, without his goals that season, we'd have been a non-league side.

Still a tit though.

Don't know if he deserves the greedy tag, from what I heard at the time we offered him a new contract at £350 per week and Posh offered him £500 plus a signing on fee. If you're a young guy with no ties what are you going to do?

21 goals in 43 games for us. 32 in 72 for Port Vale, no doubt he can score at this level!

I only have good memories of him. I expect him to score goals.

Akenfewa (sp) and Constantine up front could do well.

The greedy git has joined Northampton. Really did help your career by upping and running after one decent season didn't it, Leon.

Nothing wrong in looking after your family. He was on pitance here, he proved himself and got tonnes of offers elsewhere. Good luck to him.

21 goals in 43 games for us. 32 in 72 for Port Vale, no doubt he can score at this level!

Yep, Northampton are my dark horses for promotion, or at least the play-offs, this coming season. They have some excellent young players and a good manager.

Admittedly, Constantine and Akinfenwa are both extremely enigmatic players but if they hit it off together then there's a potentially very fruitful striking partnership there.

Theres always a surprise team each season that push for promotion.

This year it could be Northampton.

Do me a favour...I have to work with a load of Cobblers seaso's i couldnt bear he thoght of them goading me ....as i have them for the past few years !!

Nothing wrong in looking after your family. He was on pitance here, he proved himself and got tonnes of offers elsewhere. Good luck to him.

Seconded. We offered him less than we were offering Drewe, as I recall - that says it all!! You can't blame someone for leaving when they've just scored 20-odd goals, and then the club says "you're less important to us than Drewe is..."

:thump:

Seconded. We offered him less than we were offering Drewe, as I recall - that says it all!! You can't blame someone for leaving when they've just scored 20-odd goals, and then the club says "you're less important to us than Drewe is..."

:thump:

Although that's true to an extent, I think I remember reading that we offered Leon a hefty goal bonus in a bid to keep him hungry because Tilly and Brush were worried that once he had a long-term contract he'd slip into the comfort zone. And they were essentially proved right because Peterborough gave him a two-year deal and a big wage and by all accounts, he was absolutely woeful at London Road. Their fans couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Connie is a good player on his day but he clearly has an attitude problem - he's not really won over fans at any club he's been at and he barely ever seems to spend more than one season at a club.

And, of course, we haven't exactly missed him since he departed Roots Hall...

As much as I can't stand the guy, without his goals that season, we'd have been a non-league side.

Still a tit though.

Exactly.

A nugget who could have gone a long way with us had we be able to afford to keep him, we may not have endured a seemingly endless search to find a wide right front man, capable of scoring volumes of goals. Ferrocious shot, capable of beating keepers with power & accuracy, rivalled only maybe by Freddie & Collymore.

Had he risen to Champ'ship with us, I doubt he would now be at Northampton & if nothing else we might have made a good profit from later transfer. We might even still be there ourselves with player of his calibre if he conformed to fitness regime required by T & B.

Didn't he also score score cracking goals agaisnt Col U, I seem to recall

Back