• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jim Levenstein

Manager
Just thinking when is Ryan Leonard going to become our Gareth Bale. The pace is definitely there and he has a great shot on him and capable of great goals. Seriously think we could benefit from playing him further up the pitch.

I agree that if we played him as a right winger he could be dangerous, but I think he's a good box to box player. Comfortable on the ball and strong in the tackle. Central midfield is probably still his best position, but his shooting needs to be more consistent. Sometimes he'll sting the keeper's gloves from 25 yards and cause all sorts of trouble, but other times he shoots and puts it out for a throw in or it comes down with snow on it.

Seems to have been around forever but is still only 22 and has plenty of time to keep improving. No doubting he's going to be a very good, well rounded player in a few years.

I agree that if we played him as a right winger he could be dangerous, but I think he's a good box to box player. Comfortable on the ball and strong in the tackle. Central midfield is probably still his best position, but his shooting needs to be more consistent. Sometimes he'll sting the keeper's gloves from 25 yards and cause all sorts of trouble, but other times he shoots and puts it out for a throw in or it comes down with snow on it.

Seems to have been around forever but is still only 22 and has plenty of time to keep improving. No doubting he's going to be a very good, well rounded player in a few years.

I certainly think it's something to look at pre-season when we've got Timlin and Deegan in centre. I think someone who can run 100m in 10.4 is wasted in CM, he could honestly cause nightmares for defenders running at that pace.

Sorry, lap top slipped on lap, Meant to finish by saying our central defenders are not the quickest. That pace has been absolutely vital in tracking back fast and making last ditch saving tackles. Would love to see Barratt stay one year more but without some real pace at the back , we could be stuffed at a higher level.

Sorry, lap top slipped on lap, Meant to finish by saying our central defenders are not the quickest. That pace has been absolutely vital in tracking back fast and making last ditch saving tackles. Would love to see Barratt stay one year more but without some real pace at the back , we could be stuffed at a higher level.

From what I've seen, Lenny's last ditch saving tackles have been recoveries from his own lack of positional sense. Not a dig, he's not a right back IMO.

Interesting thought- not sure we have ever tried him on the right of a 533 - on one hand he gas a great shot on him, pace and good in their air, I guess you never know until you try..

He has not been great in CM this season imo, rarely has he shown the form of last season. Where as his last few games at RB have seen him play quite well. Especially against Luton.

Interesting thought- not sure we have ever tried him on the right of a 533 - on one hand he gas a great shot on him, pace and good in their air, I guess you never know until you try..

For a lad of his size he is poor in the air IMO. Needs to improve this part of his game.

For a lad of his size he is poor in the air IMO. Needs to improve this part of his game.

Yeah he could definitely do with some basketball training to work on his hang. Get that part of his game sorted and he could be a very important player for us. I agree with others that maybe he hasn't quite kicked on as we expected this season. But I also think lots of us forget he's only 22, and already our 2nd captain and able to play multiple positions.

Blimey...thought he won everything in the air on saturday.

He wins a few but with his size and athleticism it's not really his fair share. He's left on the halfway line when we have corners, although that's probably more because of his pace.

I think he has most of the attributes needed to be a top player in the future.

Sorry to be a thicko but what is a 533? :unsure::unsure:

Back