• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Let's be clear...

I've just been listening to Talksport and clubs like Hull and Stoke are struggling to get players in. Man City, even with all their billions, can't just pick anyone. Only Tevez has joined and they've been linked with every superstar player on the planet practically.

Poor comparison considering and very inaccurate, Tevez, Adebayor, Barry and Roque Santa Cruz and the fact that the premier league season doesn't start until the 15th.

Poor comparison considering and very inaccurate, Tevez, Adebayor, Barry and Roque Santa Cruz and the fact that the premier league season doesn't start until the 15th.

Yeah ok but I'm sure you get the point... Terry and Et'o were offered phenomenal amounts and didn't go. To be honest I wouldn't put Barry, Adebayor and Santa Cruz in the superstar bracket. It was really just to illustrate it isn't all about the money.

To be honest i forgot they signed some of them! Think the big difference is that a lot of clubs don't urgently need players in certain positions whre unfortunately we do.

Going back to the original point though i do think the club is partly to blame for getting supporters hopes up with the comments that eminated out of Roots hall about not making the same mistakes again. In fact think the majority would have been happier if they had been a little more honest about the situation, though i can fully appreciate why they did it as it wouldn't help season ticket sales etc.

Last edited:
To be honest i forgot they signed some of them! Think the big difference is that a lot of clubs don't urgently need players in certain positions whre unfortunately we do.

Going back to the original point though i do think the club is partly to blame for getting supporters hopes up with the comments that eminated out of Roots hall about not making the same mistakes again. In fact think the majority would have been happier if they had been a little more honest about the situation, though i can fully appreciate why they did it as it wouldn't help season ticket sales etc.

Does look pretty cynical doesnt it - perhaps people will not be as hasty next year after being pretty much duped 2 years on the trot with Ron blowing his trumpet from the roof of Roots Hall towers.

Does look pretty cynical doesnt it - perhaps people will not be as hasty next year after being pretty much duped 2 years on the trot with Ron blowing his trumpet from the roof of Roots Hall towers.

I really don't buy all this conspiracy theory stuff about season ticket sales... we all simply got the chance to book them early at a reduced price.

Back in March/April when the offer was made the club would have no idea which players were staying or going.

It is a chance to book early to get some firm money in the coffers, we can pay over a period of time and the benefit is that it's cheaper than waiting until the new season, plus we have guaranteed seats for big cup matches.

I really don't see what the problem is. We all pay to watch our beloved SUFC and I would get a season ticket if I could afford it regardless of what league we are in or who is playing for us.

If anyone was that bothered, surely they should ignore the early bird prices, not renew and wait and see who we sign before getting the season ticket.

Oh, hang on a mo... then those very people would complain that a) they were paying more and b) they couldn't have the same seat as this year...

So - don't renew at all and pay on a match by match basis.

Nope - that won't work thinking about it either as then people will complain they can't get a ticket for the big games like Chelsea away.

I know... what Ron needs to do is slash prices so that everyone can afford to come to every game at exactly the same price as if they've booked their tickets early, have their name engraved on the seat so that NO-ONE can ever sit in it again even when they are not there, and then telephone each supporter individually and offer them a lift to the ground for home games and lay on free coaches for away matches.

Oh, and put in realistic bids for CCC players and quadruple the wage budget.

No problem there, surely?

Can we completely knock the conspiracy theory over STs on the head? As fbm says, and I can personally vouch for having been involved in the discussions with other supporters and Garry Adamson at the club, the decision to make it easier for US to pay for our season tickets meant making them available for purchase earlier. It was the recommendation of this focus group that they go on sale earlier to allow a 10 month payment plan, because of the problems people were already facing due to the recession.

Can we completely knock the conspiracy theory over STs on the head? As fbm says, and I can personally vouch for having been involved in the discussions with other supporters and Garry Adamson at the club, the decision to make it easier for US to pay for our season tickets meant making them available for purchase earlier. It was the recommendation of this focus group that they go on sale earlier to allow a 10 month payment plan, because of the problems people were already facing due to the recession.

So they could do us a really, really big favour by allowing us to start purchasing the 2010/11 season tickets now spread over 22 months. Don't think there'll be too many takers, though.

Back