• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperton

Manager
This is Southend, dont pay the best wages, League 1 football, we are not a big club yet!!

Why would bailey sign on for another 2 years, he wouldnt, neither would i in his position, he has a young family and long career to look after. Footballer is a short career so earn while you can, we all would if your career said they dont want you after 34/35 yrs old.

Looks like Gower is going among other changes this year, Tilly will face his toughest summer IMO player wise, this summer will make him or break him, where do you replace a player like Gower for free?

Lets not panic about all this, its either gonna be a great season next year or a bad one, cant see us lying mid table, Tilly its up to you to attract the players in on the budget you have, a job i dont envy, the sooner we get a new stadium the better.

Players are not loyal anymore, testamonials will be a thing of the past soon, thankS to Kev Maher for being a loyal PROFESSIONAL.

Scannell is presumeably our Black replacement... we would still need a Gower replacement!

Hes not gone yet, fingers crossed we can match Swanseas wage offer and hope he takes it... can't ask anymore than that!!!

fingers crossed we can match Swanseas wage offer and hope he takes it... can't ask anymore than that!!!

True, but sadly nothing we can do can match the quality of football Swansea are going to be offering next season.

It may be more and more about money, but all players want to play to as high a standard as they can, assuming it doesn't mean sitting on the bench - and I wouldn't have thought Swansea are going to get him as a luxury player.

This is Southend, dont pay the best wages, League 1 football, we are not a big club yet!!

Why would bailey sign on for another 2 years, he wouldnt, neither would i in his position, he has a young family and long career to look after. Footballer is a short career so earn while you can, we all would if your career said they dont want you after 34/35 yrs old.

Looks like Gower is going among other changes this year, Tilly will face his toughest summer IMO player wise, this summer will make him or break him, where do you replace a player like Gower for free?

Lets not panic about all this, its either gonna be a great season next year or a bad one, cant see us lying mid table, Tilly its up to you to attract the players in on the budget you have, a job i dont envy, the sooner we get a new stadium the better.

Players are not loyal anymore, testamonials will be a thing of the past soon, thankS to Kev Maher for being a loyal PROFESSIONAL.

Putting aside the fact Bailey that hasn't left, how is this scenario different from the Maher to Orient/Sheff Wed rumours that use to turn up every time Maher wanted a contract rise?

Oh really no money eh.

I was under the impression that we were the 6th best supported team in the league last year , have a new 22k stadium to look foward to and have sold two players at a combined fee of 1.75 million We also reached the play offs and got bout an extra 150-200k for tv ticket sales etc.

We are supposedly selling Harold and Foran for 150k+.

So i ask u. Why would not be able to :

A) Offer very good wages ?
B) Pay decent money for decent players?

I personally dont think it will be long before Mike Marshes 500k transfer is broken .

Oh really no money eh.

I was under the impression that we were the 6th best supported team in the league last year , have a new 22k stadium to look foward to and have sold two players at a combined fee of 1.75 million We also reached the play offs and got bout an extra 150-200k for tv ticket sales etc.

We are supposedly selling Harold and Foran for 150k+.

So i ask u. Why would not be able to :

A) Offer very good wages ?
B) Pay decent money for decent players?

I personally dont think it will be long before Mike Marshes 500k transfer is broken .

Didn't we have a debt in the region of 3 million to service?

In think we will all be quite let down as per usaul in this closed season, but im sure you will all tell me how wrong om gonna be
#but its alright because darryl will resign because he was handing out trophies at a junior football do and huckerby and cole are gonna sign for us

ha haa Ive heard it all

angell anyone?

Back