• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Let's play nicely people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
I am the first to admit we are in a hell of a hole at the club atm but we as a collective of fans must learn to treat other members of these forums how you would like to be treated yourself. This in a lot of recent cases is just not happening and we seem to have attracted a few posters who rather than have a debate with another member just attack them.

This is a reminder of some of the rules of this site which can be found here: https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/help/terms/

"You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, overly sarcastic,hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, Otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct. The use of "Sock Puppets" is forbidden, you may only have one account. Please treat all members with respect and do not play the poster.

We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate and ban your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice".

We will not tolerate abuse of others and you will be put on "moderated posting" if we deem so and the list is growing. Continual abuse of these site rules and other members will end up with a ban and I sure none of you want that.

By all means have a view of a thread or post but debate it nicely.

UTB.

John & The Mods.

Last edited:
Totally agree John.
Critique constructively by all means but in some areas it has become personal.
We will have different views/opinions etc but that is what I like about this site.
Luckily for me I am older and wiser and also within my work I have become accustomed to some abuse especially in the fact that I worked within Mental health and now front line health care for over 40 years but, recently I had some “private messages” telling me I was “not a true supporter” and “what would you know your only a woman” etc,etc. over a couple of my posts regarding the demonstrations and protests
Luckily I am pretty thick skinned and able to dismiss but there are lots of people quite sensitive and something like this could cause them undue anxiety.

Let’s all try and be kind to each other - it doesn’t cost anything

Wow Jacks, that's terrible!

I know I've had my share of abuse, mostly on Twitter, over the years - it does seem to me a certain demographic of "our" support that deem it acceptable to do this kind of thing.

People's behaviour towards Stan forced him away from here before, behaviour on here has driven many others away over the years. Please, let's all take a moment before posting and think how you would feel if the derogatory or defamatory post you've just written, was directed at yourself?

#Playnice

@Tinks and @OldBlueLady I am very much saddened to read that you have been on the end of personal attacks by pm, unacceptable.
For me, I appreciate your posts; and after games (especially thoseI have not attended) they will give me an idea of the actual football and players performances, in contrast to the majority of negative, unexplained grumblings.
I can not understand the motivation of these people except at times I have thought some of the responses I have read are motivated by sexism in a base form, bullying in a broader way.
Keep on posting on what YOU see please.

I question if some on here are actually Southend fans or just on the wind up tbh. They seem to thrive on negativity and have no interest in seeing a bright future for SUFC
Fans? Not sure on the definition of that but they are the same people I have seen at games for the last 50 years, the same people attend games of teams in all the grounds up and down this island of ours BUT are they fans or simply sad, often gobby losers with little life, personal respect or sense of right and wrong.
You and I see them every game abusing refs, stewards, police, other fans ( home and away) and very often players although they barely seem to watch or understand the football being played.

Fans? Not sure on the definition of that but they are the same people I have seen at games for the last 50 years, the same people attend games of teams in all the grounds up and down this island of ours BUT are they fans or simply sad, often gobby losers with little life, personal respect or sense of right and wrong.
You and I see them every game abusing refs, stewards, police, other fans ( home and away) and very often players although they barely seem to watch or understand the football being played.
The trouble is fans have differing opinions but some take offence when their opinion is not universally accepted. I try to be level headed and despite recent accusations I don't troll. I never ran life like a popularity contest, more take it or leave it, but I am a fan. Fans don't come in one size fits all. We are different but nonetheless we are fans. Even the gobby losers you refer to. They just support in a different way to us.

Totally agree John.
We will have different views/opinions etc but that is what I like about this site.
Luckily for me I am older and wiser and also within my work I have become accustomed to some abuse especially in the fact that I worked within Mental health and now front line health care for over 40 years but, recently I had some “private messages” telling me I was “not a true supporter” and “what would you know your only a woman” etc,etc. over a couple of my posts regarding the demonstrations and protests
Luckily I am pretty thick skinned and able to dismiss but there are lots of people quite sensitive and something like this could cause them undue anxiety.

This is horrendous - I’m so sorry you’ve had this experience.

I’d just like to remind everyone that the ‘report’ function is on private messages too. If anyone receives ANY abuse or other form of private message which breaks site rules, please do use the report button and alert the mods. We will not tolerate idiots abusing people anywhere on ShrimperZone, including in private messages.

I’d just like to remind everyone that the ‘report’ function is on private messages too. If anyone receives ANY abuse or other form of private message which breaks site rules, please do use the report button and alert the mods. We will not tolerate idiots abusing people anywhere on ShrimperZone, including in private messages.
If only the Twitter and Facebook police were as accommodating, eh?!

Not sure the trolls are actual human beings. Sadly they are more common nowadays; their parents must be so proud.

Hey not your fault and please don't feel you have to apologise for other people.

As I said I am pretty thick skinned and luckily I am easily able to brush it off.
I know I can let you guys know if needed and it is only a very tiny amount of people. The majority of people on this site are kind, caring, compassionate and above all respectful

I am the first to admit we are in a hell of a hole at the club atm but we as a collective of fans must learn to treat other members of these forums how you would like to be treated yourself. This in a lot of recent cases is just not happening and we seem to have attracted a few posters who rather than have a debate with another member just attack them.

This is a reminder of some of the rules of this site which can be found here: https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/help/terms/

"You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, overly sarcastic,hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, Otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct. The use of "Sock Puppets" is forbidden, you may only have one account. Please treat all members with respect and do not play the poster.

We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate and ban your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice".

We will not tolerate abuse of others and you will be put on "moderated posting" if we deem so and the list is growing. Continual abuse of these site rules and other members will end up with a ban and I sure none of you want that.

UTB.

John & The Mods.
Haha, you should spend 15 years on twitter dealing with fans of all clubs! ?

UTB.

John & The Mods.
That's all well and good but it seems to be allowed for borderline libelous comments to be made to and about Stan. Some pretty offensive stuff has been written with no obvious penalty. If you wish us to play nicely then take action when libelous, offensive comments are written about someone who is devoting time, energy, passion and expertise towards saving our club

That's all well and good but it seems to be allowed for borderline libelous comments to be made to and about Stan. Some pretty offensive stuff has been written with no obvious penalty. If you wish us to play nicely then take action when libelous, offensive comments are written about someone who is devoting time, energy, passion and expertise towards saving our club
We do have lives away from these forums and we mod them as volunteers. We try our best to keep on top of most posts. The club is in turmoil, feelings are running high and with so many posts, threads and members views some get past us but we do try to still let members voice their opinions within the rules.

Totally agree John.

At least they didn't mention your cooking ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back