• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lewis Gard

Because I’ve seen him try to play and he can’t run , can’t defend , can’t tackle , can’t head a ball , rarely passes but he did score a great free kick once so we might get a few quid for him.
Just my opinion sure there’s plenty who think he’s just great though

I'm pretty sure Jw isn't like that and jd had a very large needle in the back of his knee two weeks ago so I'm pretty sure he's not on unofficial strike.
Don't know about the others

Because I’ve seen him try to play and he can’t run , can’t defend , can’t tackle , can’t head a ball , rarely passes but he did score a great free kick once so we might get a few quid for him.
Just my opinion sure there’s plenty who think he’s just great though

Strange how some see it differently, I’m not saying he’s the finished article but he’s definitely one of our best prospects. I think if we let him go it will be cheap and we will miss out on some serious money later on.

I'm pretty sure Jw isn't like that and jd had a very large needle in the back of his knee two weeks ago so I'm pretty sure he's not on unofficial strike.
Don't know about the others

Let's put it another way: if you hadn't been paid the money you were due would you rush back from injury or would you err on the side of caution and give yourself a little longer to be on the safe side?

I seem to recall there was talk of striking when they weren't paid at the start of the year so the thought wouldn't be entirely new to them. That would have resulted in a points deduction whereas this just results in nil points.

No inside info and only a hunch that receiving some of the deferred furlough money that is apparently overdue may have medicinal qualities that would help clear up these short term injuries that all our senior players seem to be suffering from.
Interesting, I had wondered exactly this last week.

Let's put it another way: if you hadn't been paid the money you were due would you rush back from injury or would you err on the side of caution and give yourself a little longer to be on the safe side?

I seem to recall there was talk of striking when they weren't paid at the start of the year so the thought wouldn't be entirely new to them. That would have resulted in a points deduction whereas this just results in nil points.
I totally get what you're saying. I guess if I was owed 30 to 60k (in some cases), I'd consider all options when dealing with someone like RM.
Maybe I see the good side of people too often.
Im tempted to think , who could blame them

I totally get what you're saying. I guess if I was owed 30 to 60k (in some cases), I'd consider all options when dealing with someone like RM.
Maybe I see the good side of people too often.
Im tempted to think , who could blame them

I would totally understand any player downing tools or refusing to play if they weren’t being paid.

If people are not being paid even if they play you have to think their motivation will not be optimal!
Did you ever hear of successful club who fielded unpaid players in their team?

Quite, although I think Bury’s last promotion season was an exception to that rule.

MM doesn’t seem the sort of bloke to tolerate that going on either.

What could he do about it?

If true and I was MM I’d ensure those players weren’t picked again. But you’re basing it on a hunch anyway, with no inside info which is just as well. It could put our new manager in a very awkward position if it had foundation. He’s judged on results. If I had players “feigning injury” (and yep, we had the same rumours under Powell and Bond) .. while the team I selected was getting spanked week in week out I’d be slightly annoyed.

Last edited:
Quite, although I think Bury’s last promotion season was an exception to that rule.

Didn't Northampton also get promoted in a season when they were not being paid (or paid late). It seems not all players down tools!!

The subject is Lewis Gard.

Please take all your rehashing for the 43rd time of last season's arguments about ex-managers to ex-Shrimpers.
If that was aimed at me .. you asked what our current manager could do if certain players were deliberately taking time to come back from injury because (allegedly) they hadn’t been paid. I said if I was our current manager I’d wish the players to be professional. I do sympathise if they’ve not been paid but we need points and could do with their help. So I’d not select those players again if I thought that was going on. By November at this rate we could be well adrift. Confused about the rest of your post.
Back to Lewis Gard, I rate him and think we should hang on to him.

If that was aimed at me .. you asked what our current manager could do if certain players were deliberately taking time to come back from injury because (allegedly) they hadn’t been paid. I said if I was our current manager I’d wish the players to be professional. I do sympathise if they’ve not been paid but we need points and could do with their help. So I’d not select those players again if I thought that was going on. By November at this rate we could be well adrift. Confused about the rest of your post.
Back to Lewis Gard, I rate him and think we should hang on to him.

Nah it wasn’t aimed at you. @Rayleigh boy once again brought up his idol, and had to once again be told some home truths.

Nothing to do with you mate.

Back