• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just read the report from this game and maher said they used the 5-3-2 system, I really hope mr brown had nothing to do with this as I can't hack us playing this defensive system on a regular basis, hope they don't intend on playing this against Coventry or future home games as we play best when attacking sides.
The pkayers should be able to play the same formation as the first team, so the formation made sense on the basis that if we have used it once we might use it again

The writing was on the wall when they were rumoured to be paying dosenna(spelling) formerly of Liverpool 22k pw in league 1.

Cannot read team sheet,who was our one?anyone know where this was played and what attendance?

Prosser was our one experienced player and was our MOTM. Typical performance from him, solid in the tackle and constantly organising and encouraging the younger lads around him. Matsuzaka and Kyprianou also shone.
Game was played at the Matchroom Stadium and the attendance was around 150.
We had many more good chances than the O's and should have won by three or four clear goals.

Apparantly Prosser was outstanding and the best player on the pitch. Kept Kevin Lisbie & Antonio German dead quiet.

If I were Prosser , however , i would seriously think about signing for the O's now that the crazy Italian Chairman has installed the 60 year old Franco Colomba as new boss.

My mate who plays for the O's is gutted with whats going on there---- total chaos , thank goodness we have the comparatively stable Ron Martin !!!!!!

Kevin Nolan's favourite for the job apparently - player/manager - with Colomba as second fave with the bookies. Bound to be one of those two.

Just read the report from this game and maher said they used the 5-3-2 system, I really hope mr brown had nothing to do with this as I can't hack us playing this defensive system on a regular basis, hope they don't intend on playing this against Coventry or future home games as we play best when attacking sides.

We also leaked a lot of goals with a more attacking formation, I think a defensive outlook while we recover some confidence is the way to go, especially against the better sides in the league

We also leaked a lot of goals with a more attacking formation, I think a defensive outlook while we recover some confidence is the way to go, especially against the better sides in the league
so it looks like we are set to go backwards again then are we? Try and snatch a goal lead at home then sit back and invite the opposition on, well if that's the case for home games to come expect the crowds for home games to go down as supporters want to see good attacking football not bore draws, we will see for the Coventry game as they are one of the best attacking sides in the league.

I know people may say Prosser is now performing in the shop window but I also think his MoM, after recent turmoil, is a mark of his character and professionalism. Five years with us and always the bridesmaid behind Mohsni, then Barker and now Barrett. He can look forward to a new club and being treated better than he has been here.

532 becomes 352 very easily depending on how the wing backs get forward. Of course the glass must always be half empty so we will see at as negative but doesn't have to be e.g.

-----------Bentley--------------
-------------Thompson Bolger Barrett--------------
O'Neill--------------------------------------- Hendrie
-------------Leonard-----------Timlin----------------
-------------------------Payne------------------------
-------------Barnett------------Hunt-----------------

Dependent who the wing backs are and who is the midfield it can be very attacking with effectively 3 at the back win an extra man in midfield and keeping two up from. It was very attacking when Swindon used it last year (and they got to the playoffs)

so it looks like we are set to go backwards again then are we? Try and snatch a goal lead at home then sit back and invite the opposition on, well if that's the case for home games to come expect the crowds for home games to go down as supporters want to see good attacking football not bore draws, we will see for the Coventry game as they are one of the best attacking sides in the league.

It's a tough one, I'm all for attractive football but you need the players to do it. I don't think we have gone anything but forwards under Brown, those 1-0 wins are more fun than getting thumped. I do hope it is a temporary thing but think we need to concentrate on solidity first and foremost at the moment

Not sure if I should start a new thread or not? But Chelmsford city have just got rid of their manager and I am told KM is an option to take over if they don't land their targets

EDIT: Kev is in tempory charge

Click on the link mate on the first post for team sheet and our senior player was Luke Prosser. I have no idea where it was played.
Echo and some on here tell us it was at Brisbane Road,the first post link came up blurred but I could see well enough to recognise that we had no 1st teamers involved and I certainly wasn't mistaken !

Echo and some on here tell us it was at Brisbane Road,the first post link came up blurred but I could see well enough to recognise that we had no 1st teamers involved and I certainly wasn't mistaken !

Indeed it was at Brisbane Road and I know of at least (and probably at most) one person who would have gone had they known about.

Why are the club so secretive about these games until after they've been played ?

I know people may say Prosser is now performing in the shop window but I also think his MoM, after recent turmoil, is a mark of his character and professionalism. Five years with us and always the bridesmaid behind Mohsni, then Barker and now Barrett. He can look forward to a new club and being treated better than he has been here.

Totally agree. It really comes as no surprise to read that he was constantly organising and encouraging the young players around him. He is a player who has always been prepared to put his head where it hurts and bleed blood for the cause and despite what the rumours suggest, he is and always has been a model pro in his time with us. Good luck Pross wherever you end up.

Back