• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lincoln

shrimpereeee

First XI
According to their official website they had sold 10700 by 5pm this evening.

Sorry to be boring but does anyone know how many we have sold to date?

Cheers

sad.gif

wrong, it is 6350, anyway who cares, go, enjoy and cheer on the mighty blues F*** THE ONES WHO ARNT THERE !

I can't see many more Imps buying up tickets either. 10700 is rather less than I would have hoped (tho I did say on monday when we had sold 7k that we would take 10-15000).

Hope we aren't going to witness the smallest ever play-off attendance for our league.

I do understand the reasoning behind some of your fans not attending. We also have had expensive trips lately, Yeovil away for instance when we took around 1200 fans. Thing is lots of people cannot afford to go really but surely if its a game of this importance, you have got to try and get to the game to support your club somehow!

Why does it matter if you buy your tickets in advance, the day before or even on the day?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 26 2005,20:12)]I do understand the reasoning behind some of your fans not attending.  We also have had expensive trips lately, Yeovil away for instance when we took around 1200 fans.  Thing is lots of people cannot afford to go really but surely if its a game of this importance, you have got to try and get to the game to support your club somehow!
i can see what your saying but going to yeovil and going to cardiff for a cup final is a bit different! for a start ticket prices are at least £10 more than would expect to pay. if you have a family of, say 4 your looking at an extra £40 = before youve even got there, brought the family food etc. doing it the cheapest way possible your still looking at spending £100 per head - going there three times in under two years is and extra £300 per head that you hadnt expected to pay. if you multiply that £300 by a family of 4 again thats £1200! an absolute joke! please no comments about being able to add and subtract - im just purely stating a few variables!

It is a lot of money and a trip i'd rather be without, but you just have to HAVE TO scrimp and scrape ur way to Cardiff, i'm lucky as i have no kids to support, and its been hard enough for me, so whoevers going well done to you, and those that can't afford to go, in my eyes your no less of a supporter no matter what some people may say here, as i'm sure you'll be cheering just as hard at the hall next season when we're in league 1!

Yes mate, I can do simple sums, contrary to some reports we aren't all brain dead chavs in Lincoln you know!

Its our second final in 3 years, we have had six extra semi-finals in that time to finance on top of the normal home and away games.

Obviously going to Cardiff recently has put some Shrimpers off, esp the glory hunters. I dare say that most of the fans who come on saturday from both clubs will more likely be the hardcore supporter.

It is a strange one as I fully expected us to be outnumbered again this time. Bournemouth only had 2500 more fans than we took last time. At the end of the day tho, some people would rather sit at home in comfort or at the pub rather than make the effort and splash the cash.

Whatever the outcome, its going to be a long day, and for one team its going to be a pain in the @rse as well as a pain in the pocket
biggrin.gif

just seen sheffield wednesday have sold over 37,000 tickets and if they sell their allocation of 41,000 they will have taken more fans then any other team in any competion. the current record is 40,000 that bristol city took in the 2003 ldv final. also hartlepool have sold a very impressive 16,500 given the didtance to travel and being a small club that is exellant

Yes, we have wednesdayite supporters in Lincoln. They are a huge club tho, esp compared to the likes of us, you and the Poolies.

Honestly, this is getting ridiculous!

Anyone who is not going Saturday is not a "Hardcore" supporter.

I suppose to be amongst the "Elite" Hardcore supporters group then you have to live, eat and breath the club?

Have been a supporter of the club for 35 years now and never supported anyone else.

Never go to away games but have been a season ticket holder for years on and off.

Not going Saturday because too bloody expensive to do it all again especially with family season tickets to obtain too and mega-mortgage!

To those heroic "Hardcore" supporters - GET A LIFE Mate's there is more to life than JUST football!!!!

Not everyone is still at home with Mummy paying minimal rent!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ May 26 2005,23:09)]just seen sheffield wednesday have sold over 37,000 tickets and if they sell their allocation of 41,000 they will have taken more fans then any other team in any competion. the current record is 40,000 that bristol city took in the 2003 ldv final. also hartlepool have sold a very impressive 16,500 given the didtance to travel and being a small club that is exellant
How many did Manchester United take then when they played Millwall in the FA Cup final, because didn't Millwall only get 20,000 tickets and Man U had the rest?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ May 26 2005,23:09)]just seen sheffield wednesday have sold over 37,000 tickets and if they sell their allocation of 41,000 they will have taken more fans then any other team in any competion. the current record is 40,000 that bristol city took in the 2003 ldv final. also hartlepool have sold a very impressive 16,500 given the didtance to travel and being a small club that is exellant
Not exactly comparing like-for-like though are we?

Southend-on-sea (Town) - Approximate population 160,000

Sheffield (City) - Approximate population 515,000

Cannot compare us to them in any shape or form.

Our fan base is around 5000 with Sheffield Wed & United around 20000 and 15,000 respectively!

As someone else said we seem to play better in front of smaller crowds!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 27 2005,08:18)]Honestly, this is getting ridiculous!

Anyone who is not going Saturday is not a "Hardcore" supporter.

I suppose to be amongst the "Elite" Hardcore supporters group then you have to live, eat and breath the club?

Have been a supporter of the club for 35 years now and never supported anyone else.

Never go to away games but have been a season ticket holder for years on and off.

Not going Saturday because too bloody expensive to do it all again especially with family season tickets to obtain too and mega-mortgage!

To those heroic "Hardcore" supporters - GET A LIFE Mate's there is more to life than JUST football!!!!

Not everyone is still at home with Mummy paying minimal rent!
Most of our 'Hardcore supporters' are aged between 16 and 19, buy all of their clothes from JD sports and drink cheap lager in Yates, O'Neils and the Last post.

They will look back with teary eyed nostalgia to the days when they used to sing the Maky Marky Rawle song in the old F block.

Some of the old hands might smile sagely and tell stories of how goal machine Ben Abbey single handedly destroyed Leyton Orient at Brisbane Road all of those years ago.....

Such cherished memories!

Back