• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Too defensive at home IMHO, and after his abject performance on Tuesday Spillane needs dropping not kept in the start XI - Harris showed nothing in the 45 mins on Tuesday night either so doesn't deserve a start, if fit and well I'd give Eastwood a chance.

Agree agree agree

Lets go for it, especially at home and at least we'll appreciate that we are making an effort to win the game. Setting up to protect the back four at home to bottom of the table sides does not get you promoted

Too defensive at home IMHO, and after his abject performance on Tuesday Spillane needs dropping not kept in the start XI - Harris showed nothing in the 45 mins on Tuesday night either so doesn't deserve a start, if fit and well I'd give Eastwood a chance.

They were all abject on Tuesday, and by all accounts Spillane was the pick of the bunch at Vale Park the weekend before.

I wouldn't say it's too defensive. Both full-backs are capable of getting forward and that channel of Reeves, Hurst and Harris are very much pushed into the space between the opposition's defence and midfield... It's our lack of presence in that area that's blunted our attack in recent weeks, not the number of forwards we've had on the field.

Will be interesting to see whether Luggy will concur with your two for the chop?
"That makes tomorrow’s game must win but so was Tuesday and one or two players will pay the price for their poor performance when it comes to picking the team."

Must say i like the fact that most of you put Mohsni in defence, still believe thats where he should be

Probably through lack of choice more than anything else! I don't think he's cut out to be a centre-back, doesn't have the discipline and it wastes his attacking flair, but for tomorrow we don't really have any other option. My team would be:

Smith
Clohessy - Cresswell - Moshni - Straker
Hurst - Lund - Mkandawire (if here, Spillane if not) - Reeves (again if here, Leonard if not)
Eastwood - Assombalonga

Subs: Bentley, Leonard/Woodyard, Spillane/Spicer, Laird, Corr, Harris, Tomlin.

So if we get the 3 loanees back today, looks like a pretty strong team. If not, it looks significantly weaker. With Prosser out I'd like to see the ball played on the deck more, to Britt and Freddy's feet.

They were all abject on Tuesday, and by all accounts Spillane was the pick of the bunch at Vale Park the weekend before.

I wouldn't say it's too defensive. Both full-backs are capable of getting forward and that channel of Reeves, Hurst and Harris are very much pushed into the space between the opposition's defence and midfield... It's our lack of presence in that area that's blunted our attack in recent weeks, not the number of forwards we've had on the field.

Exactly right.

Our problem is our strikers and midfield spend the game 30 yards apart. I'd support anything to fix that.

It is a HOME game, we need to WIN.

Smith.

SC, Cressie, Bilel, Leonard

Hirst, Laird, Lund/Spillane, Reeves

Corr, Britt.

A possible winning formation...

Team

----------Pitch-------------------
----------------------------------
Coughlan
----------East Stand--------------
---------------------------
Sturrock

A possible winning formation...

Team

----------Pitch-------------------
----------------------------------
Coughlan
----------East Stand--------------
Sturrock

Is Sturrock doing some dodgey deals in the car park again? :whistling:

Well were playing a really poor, low down side who we have already beaten away from home and we really need the points. I have inside knowledge that tomorrows line up will look something like this given that the most important thing ever is not to concede goals at all costs.

---------------------SMITH------------------------------------

CLOHESSEY PHILLIPS BARKER MOSHNI CRESSWELL STRAKER

--------WOODYARD--------TAM-----------LUND-----

-----------------------HURST-------------------------

------------------------BRITT---------------------------------

Only possible change is PS is checking the rule book to see if there is a way we can get two keepers in goal at the expense of Hurst.

Well were playing a really poor, low down side who we have already beaten away from home and we really need the points. I have inside knowledge that tomorrows line up will look something like this given that the most important thing ever is not to concede goals at all costs.

---------------------SMITH------------------------------------

CLOHESSEY PHILLIPS BARKER MOSHNI CRESSWELL STRAKER

--------WOODYARD--------TAM-----------LUND-----

-----------------------HURST-------------------------

------------------------BRITT---------------------------------

Only possible change is PS is checking the rule book to see if there is a way we can get two keepers in goal at the expense of Hurst.

He might have to check the rule book about allowing 12 players on the pitch for us too :winking:

Could work:

Smith
Clohessy - Leonard - Corr - Phillips - Mohsni - Cresswell - Mkandawire - Prosser - Barker - Straker

Subs: Bentley - Coughlan - Spillane - Woodyard - Lund - Hurst - Reeves​

Nick a 1-0 lead and just sit back for the rest. Job done, and would be entertaining.

Could work:

Smith
Clohessy - Leonard - Corr - Phillips - Mohsni - Cresswell - Mkandawire - Prosser - Barker - Straker

Subs: Bentley - Coughlan - Spillane - Woodyard - Lund - Hurst - Reeves

Nick a 1-0 lead and just sit back for the rest. Job done, and would be entertaining.

Prosser is suspended. Got to leave Britt up front isolated though!

I would go with:

Smith
Clohessy Cresswell Mohsni Straker
Hurst Mkandawire Lund Leonard
Reeves
Assombalonga

Unfortunately there isnt much in reserve to inspire. A centre mid of Spillane and Lund does not fill me with much hope that we can win. Add in Leonard and youve got 3 crabs in there. Would like to see a midfield 3 of Lund, Hurst and Leonard with Reeves playing just behind Britt and Freddy. Mohsni to replace Prosser at the back, might mean we actually defend set pieces ok.

nothing showing on the OFFICAL SITE about tam as yet .But as we have seen before that means nothing .Have to wait and see tommrow

Back