• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leeboy

Original and possibly best
Staff member
Some interesting ones on there..........

Alan Fettis - Hull City
Alan Kelly - Preston
Alessandro Barcherini - Notts County
Andrew Pettinger - Grimsby Town
Andrew Woods - Chester City
Andy Marriott - Birmingham City FC
Andy Woodman - Oxford United
Anthony Williams - Hartlepool United
Barry Richardson - Doncaster Rovers
Bart Griemink - Swindon Town Football
Carl Emberson - Southend United
Carl Muggleton - Chesterfield Football
Craig Holloway - Arsenal
Daniel Alcock - Barnsley Football
Daniel Crane - West Bromwich Albion
Gavin Ward - Coventry City
Glyn Thompson - Northampton Town
James Glass -
Keiron Renton - Blackburn Rovers
Kevin Dearden - Torquay United
Kevin Pressman - Sheffield Wednesday
Kristian Rogers - Sheffield United
Lee Worgan - Wimbledon
Lewis Solly - Bury
Marc Shackelton - Barnsley
Mark Cartwright - Halifax Town
Mark Westhead - Stevenage Borough
Matthew Ghent - Macclesfield Town F.C
Michael Parkin - Torquay United
Morten Hyldgaard - Luton Town
Nathan Abbey - Ipswich Town
Neil Bennett - Rochdale
Neil Cutler - Stoke City
Nick Colgan -
Pascal Formann - Nottingham Forest
Paul Crichton - Norwich City
Paul Murphy - Leicester City
Paul Musselwhite - Hull City
Paul Whitfield - Wrexham
Philip Barnes - Blackpool
Richard McKinney - Colchester
Roger Freestone - Swansea City
Ryan Yeomans - Wigan Athletic
Scott Tynan - Nottingham
Simon Brown - Colchester United
Steven Book - Cheltenham Town
Steven Croudson - Boston United
Steven Graham - Watford
Stuart Brock - Kidderminster Harriers

I've always rated Tony Williams and Alan Fettis. Fettis may be beyond our means, however.

How old is Griemink now? He was useful I seem to remember...

Then again, so was Emberson once.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ June 03 2004,09:02)]Alan Fettis - Hull City
Alan Kelly - Preston
Craig Holloway - Arsenal
Simon Brown - Colchester United
Well, the only ones that leapt out at me are the ones above... particularly the last one!!

tounge.gif

Matt

I can't believe we're not persuing Holloway more? From everything said on here, and what I have heard, he would be a good signing?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ June 03 2004,09:09)]I can't believe we're not persuing Holloway more? From everything said on here, and what I have heard, he would be a good signing?
Maybe we are...

How about this comedy act?

Roger Freestone - Swansea City (responsible for our 3rd goal in the 8 man 3-2 victory)
Simon Brown - Colchester United (LDV area final!)

We wouldn't win too many games but would make a few quid on TV royalties for "Football Blunders" and "Soccer Gaffs"

biggrin.gif

Pressman is pushing on abit in fairness but i think fettis would be a good signing

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ June 03 2004,09:33)]Get Simon Brown, he's a Southend legend!
biggrin.gif

Why on earth has he been released?
wink.gif
Fortunately, for us & the rest of Division 2, I don't think he has been released.

I think the PFA list that I looked at yesterday, even if you call up just "Free Transfers" actually lists all players who've yet to re sign contracts they've been offered by their clubs.  I'm sure that Brown is on the retained list at Cull Ewe they're just waiting for him to sign.  

Unless he gets a better offer.  Yes, very likely!!  
wink.gif

Notts Countys Mildenhall also availiable on a free although unfortunately its because he wouldn't take a wage drop at county so im guessing we have little chance.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Bambi @ June 03 2004,12:35)]Notts Countys Mildenhall also availiable on a free although unfortunately its because he wouldn't take a wage drop at county so im guessing we have little chance.
Good thing.... he's pants

Didn't see Darryl Flahavan on there!
ghostface.gif

Seriously, the ones worth looking at IMHO are:-

Alan Fettis - Hull City
Anthony Williams - Hartlepool United
Craig Holloway - Arsenal
Kevin Pressman - Sheffield Wednesday
Nathan Abbey - Ipswich Town
Paul Musselwhite - Hull City
Stuart Brock - Kidderminster Harriers

Any of the above would be suitable and up to the task.

Holloway/McKinney would be my favourite youngsters with Alan Fettis/Andy Marriott/Paul Musselwhite/Stuart Brock also worth a look!

i think that daryl flahavan is a quality keeper and 'people' need to get behind him.
I personally think he helped keep us up this year, we would have been in big trouble with emberson and robinson and all these other names that keep gettin thrown up.  He produced some quality performances, one of the best was against blackpool in the LDV final where if we didnt have him we would have got mullered.
He is loyal to southend and respects the club. So give him some back.
DARYL 4 ENGLAND

Best shotstopper england has to offer

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ June 03 2004,13:33)]i think that daryl flahavan is a quality keeper and 'people' need to get behind him.
I personally think he helped keep us up this year, we would have been in big trouble with emberson and robinson and all these other names that keep gettin thrown up.  He produced some quality performances, one of the best was against blackpool in the LDV final where if we didnt have him we would have got mullered.
He is loyal to southend and respects the club. So give him some back.
DARYL 4 ENGLAND

Best shotstopper england has to offer
Isnt Flav irish ?

Back