• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Little havens and Gareth's Echo article 25/11/08

toellandback

Andy Cap
Sorry for boring those who have seen this already

"The No.1 Independent Southend United website ShrimperZone has set up this Just Giving website for donations to our Leeds supporting friend Gareth (ToEllandBack) who, on the 13th December 2008 has agreed to the following challenge;

To wear full Southend United colours.
To attend Southend United vs Huddersfield and sit with the most passionate fans in the Blue Voice section.
After the match, enter the Spread Eagle public house and sing Southend United songs.
Have his photo taken with a wealth of Southend fans and have the photo published on www.shrimperzone.com.

It's just a bit of harmless fun and we're raising funds for an excellent cause in memory of Katie.

Thank you for your support."

So the Huddersfield game is the big day. We have a fantastic amount promised at the moment and hopefully now the date has been set it will only get bigger. Try to look beyond the "Dirty Leeds" fan looking like a pillock for a day and at the bigger picture. This truly is a fantastic charity that deserves all the help we can give if everyone gave a little, perhaps just the cost of a pint, i am sure it will make a big difference.

http://www.justgiving.com/paulcox4

Good cause, and fair play for the effort, but surely this would be more donation worthy if you did it against your own team?

This is a bit like a southend fan dressing up in a rotherham kit and cheering them on against orient - take the kit away and there's nothing controversial

Good cause, and fair play for the effort, but surely this would be more donation worthy if you did it against your own team?

This is a bit like a southend fan dressing up in a rotherham kit and cheering them on against orient - take the kit away and there's nothing controversial

Its just a bit of fun for a very good cause. Why does it have to be "contraversial?"

I just want to see him abuse his own team , definately worth a score

Gareth, with the justgiving site adding gift aid it would pay everyone who has pledged money on the Zone to give their money on this site rather than anyone of us collecting monies and passing it on to Little Havens.

I must congratualte you for your willingness to partake in this venture.

Gareth, with the justgiving site adding gift aid it would pay everyone who has pledged money on the Zone to give their money on this site rather than anyone of us collecting monies and passing it on to Little Havens.

Ken, come on! It's because underneath all that northern bravado, there's really a Southender at heart! I promise I will give something at the time - I don't qualify for Gift Aid anyway.

Very good point. If everybody would please pledge on the link thank you, perhaps closer to the time we can see about having a bucket(s) on the day. Thanks for your donation :)

Mate i didn't plan on doing anything like this, its kind of kicked on from a bet with MK to hopefully something worthwhile.

PS I have never worn the shirt of another team, i can't really do anymore controversial... sorry

£205.00 already. Perhaps the target has been set too low. £1000.00 not looking hard to get to at the moment.

£205.00 already. Perhaps the target has been set too low. £1000.00 not looking hard to get to at the moment.

It was me that suggested £500 Al ... hopefully when we get past that target, as we surely will, people won't think "Ah, they've reached the target so i don't need to contribute"

I'm sure they won't anyway

Very good point. If everybody would please pledge on the link thank you, perhaps closer to the time we can see about having a bucket(s) on the day. Thanks for your donation :)

Surely whatever is collected "on the day" could be given to one individual to bank ... they could then pledge that amount using the link and thus gain the Gift Aid like that ??

Perhaps this could be advertised on a Leeds website or fanzine. The Square Ball always used to be the one being sold outside Elland Road, so maybe they would like to add to Gareth's "punishment!" It could add a few quid to the cause too!!

Back