• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
What a good choice of Pub -

First spotted by my good friend Smithy. Possibly the grottiest pub I have ever had the misfortune to drink in but full of Blues fans so much so we spilled out onto the street, good atmosphere and free bar food.

The only down side was the bounder who was walking around with an inflatable crocodile. This ruffian has no place at football. I saw him knock into at least three people spilling there drinks and he made no appologies for it. Who do you think you are my friend Steve Irwin.

I think the only fair punishment is this "fan" to be publicly birched by Bart Griemink (As the strongest member of the squad) before the Forest game.

My letter is off to the echo tonight !!!!!!!!

ghostface.gif
ghostface.gif
ghostface.gif
ghostface.gif

It was a touch on the dirty side, but I quite liked the football shirts / scarves etc on the walls and celing. Good atmosphere though but didn't see any of the free bar food....
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Oct. 03 2005,10:57)]The only down side was the bounder who was walking around with an inflatable crocodile.
 :
If it makes you feel better , the croc made a break for it from its master on the ferry home. It was last seen heading towards Canvey .
You have been warned to be on the look out for it in the Thames.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Watermill Wino @ Oct. 03 2005,11:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Oct. 03 2005,10:57)]The only down side was the bounder who was walking around with an inflatable crocodile.
 :
If it makes you feel better , the croc made a break for it from its master on the ferry home. It was last seen heading towards Canvey .
laugh.gif
Yeah saw that but did notice when it realised it was heading towards Canvey it turned around and headed back to London!
biggrin.gif

No one really got a look at the food as my pal ShrimpTank parked himself next to it and demolished the lot in about 5 minutes flat !!!

Dave, what can I say mate, as usual it was the free food that swung it for me!!...

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Oct. 03 2005,11:09)]didn't see any of the free bar food....
sad.gif
Lucky you - the plate I saw looked like a load of cold roast potatoes ("Aunt Bessy" style rubbish, not nice home-made ones)
tounge.gif

Ah. Glad I didn't miss much, although I was aggrieved at missing out on the free pies they were giving away (at the ground) after the game....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Oct. 03 2005,11:46)]Ah. Glad I didn't miss much, although I was aggrieved at missing out on the free pies they were giving away (at the ground) after the game....
Wasn't just pies they were giving away for free, should've taken a box load of food instead of the chicken and mushroom pie I grabbed.

A few people in the pub before the game where talking about Forest away being £32 to get in - anyone heard this?

I rang forest to find out and was told that nothing had been agreed that far in advance and wouldnt be confimred for at least 2 weeks!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Oct. 03 2005,11:37)]Dave, what can I say mate, as usual it was the free food that swung it for me!!...

laugh.gif
Lee mate,

When it comes you food there is no-one's judgement I would trust more. Despite some of the s%&te you got us eating in Bournemouth I still respect your eye for a pie .

DtS

Ha ha cheers fella! You were just jealous that you didn’t have an inflatable crocodile! Can you believe they wouldn’t let it into the stadium??

laugh.gif

The plum was going to fight the stewards as they denied the croc entry..

We dont need supporters like that at Southend games do we.

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Watermill Wino @ Oct. 03 2005,11:20)]
[b said:
 :
laugh.gif
Bugger, thats what ate my dog yesterday morning.

Back