• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Loan 'Deals'

pickledseal

cowboy
Now I don't want to go into every penny of my finances, but I had two loans worth combined about £12,000 from buying my car, deposits on renting, paying off credit cards/overdrafts etc all post-uni

One was due to expire in July 2011 and the other July 2012.

I got a nice letter from Lloyds TSB saying that if I give them £6,800, I can clear all my debt!

At first I thought it was a scam, but after a few calls, it's all legit and has been cleared (through another cheaper loan from the 'rents!)

There are bargains to be had in credit crunch Britain!

Now I don't want to go into every penny of my finances, but I had two loans worth combined about £12,000 from buying my car, deposits on renting, paying off credit cards/overdrafts etc all post-uni

One was due to expire in July 2011 and the other July 2012.

I got a nice letter from Lloyds TSB saying that if I give them £6,800, I can clear all my debt!

At first I thought it was a scam, but after a few calls, it's all legit and has been cleared (through another cheaper loan from the 'rents!)

There are bargains to be had in credit crunch Britain!

Beware.

I did the same thing after University however when I missed one payment my mum broke both my thumbs, added the missed payment to the principal and made me pay more vig.

Last edited:
If the loans were taken out prior to a certain point in 2007 you can have them written off anyway, doesnt affect your credit rating either.
Personally I would look into that, you can get the lot written off for a couple of hundred quid.

Back