• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lockdown films to watch

The Last Dance, possibly one of the best TV documentary series ever.

Yeah, I have never been a fan of Basketball - and that’s even after seeing the Lakers play live (Kobe Bryant era) - but I found that documentary fascinating.

What happened to Jordan’s dad was dodgy as ****.

Sticking with American Sports documentaries, there’s a cracking one on Amazon Prime called Valiant, which is centred around the NHL’s Las Vegas Golden Knights. They started as America’s laughing stock, but following the events of 1/10/17, and the way they brought that community back together, they became America’s favourite underdog. That’s well worth a watch. Trailer below;

And sticking with ice hockey, there is a documentary on Netflix called Ice Guardians, which focuses on several former players, who were known as enforcers. Really fascinating to see what they were willing to do - and suffer - just to earn/keep that lucrative NHL contract.

Oh, and if you’re a fight fan, this is certainly worth a watch

Trailer;

I think you maybe right, I can recall a thread on it as well.

For my 2 pence, I always thought Teresa Halbach's boyfriend was the one that went under the radar a bit. I always remember the episode where they start to look for Teresa. She had only been missing 12/16 hours or something and they interviewed him before this mini search, what he said still rings massive alarm bells to me, he went "I just hope we can find her alive". What an extraordinary odd thing to say when she has only been missing half a day..

Will have to refresh my memory on this one because I could be wrong but didn't he lie about her car being broken or something? Can't remember that one fully but something about it ain't right.

I haven't watched series 2 yet, as I believe it mainly focuses on Brendan Dassey doesn't it?

S2 is a lot less sensationalist, and instead focuses on re-examining the evidence that got them convicted.... and it’s fair to say the new legal team took the evidence apart, meaning that if they did do it, it certainly didnt happen the way the old bill claimed.

They also add a new angle, which is if it wasn’t Avery & Dassey, then who was it? I won’t spoil it for you, but they do uncover new evidence & accuse someone & that someone gets very defensive...

S2 is a lot less sensationalist, and instead focuses on re-examining the evidence that got them convicted.... and it’s fair to say the new legal team took the evidence apart, meaning that if they did do it, it certainly didnt happen the way the old bill claimed.

They also add a new angle, which is if it wasn’t Avery & Dassey, then who was it? I won’t spoil it for you, but they do uncover new evidence & accuse someone & that someone gets very defensive...

Wihout spoiling, its 100% no guilty for me. If like Chalky you have only seen series 1, then 2 does a great job of recapping all the main points as they look into each major bit of evidence per episode.

I have since seen other docs that prove the police in that area are linked to organised crime. One thing it does show is how different justice is if you can afford to pay for your own defence.

Another great one to watch and set in the next state (North Dakota).....Fargo, right up my street. Series one is the best (especially if you like Bob Odenkirk). Worth watching the original film first.

Wihout spoiling, its 100% no guilty for me. If like Chalky you have only seen series 1, then 2 does a great job of recapping all the main points as they look into each major bit of evidence per episode.

I have since seen other docs that prove the police in that area are linked to organised crime. One thing it does show is how different justice is if you can afford to pay for your own defence.

Another great one to watch and set in the next state (North Dakota).....Fargo, right up my street. Series one is the best (especially if you like Bob Odenkirk). Worth watching the original film first.
Yeah I thought they were not guilty. Loved first two series of Fargo couldn’t get into S3

Reactions: GBJ
With our boys we've watched:

All the Harry Potters numerous times
Early Man
Back to the Future
*The Hunger Games and all sequels (Catching Fire, Mockingjay 1, Mockingjay 2)

*My son was reading the books so we thought we'd watch the films. They very good.

Yeah I thought they were not guilty. Loved first two series of Fargo couldn’t get into S3

Exactly the same for me. Ewan McGregor wasn't convincing in his two roles and the baddies were laughable compared to the film and series one and two

Another great one to watch and set in the next state (North Dakota).....Fargo, right up my street. Series one is the best (especially if you like Bob Odenkirk) and worth watching the original film first.

Agree. The old bill were as bent as a ten bob note, and had a clear and obvious axe to grind with Steven Avery.

Spoiler warning for those who haven’t seen seasons 1 & 2

Spoiler:  
Its been a while since I watched the second series, but I remember thinking at the time, that weird **** Bobby Dassey was bang to rights as the killer. I’ve seen some of his computer history (the search entries, not the actual material, thank ****) and there’s no other way to describe him other than a sick, twisted individual who was not only capable of the murder, but was in the vicinity at the time. I’d also bet that Scott Tadych had something to do with it too.

Same here. Fargo S1 was great. Martin Freeman was exceptional.

S2 was Ok, from what I remember. Couldn’t get into 3 at all.

Let him go - Film starring Kevin Costner and Diane Lane. A slow burner but it kept me engrossed from start to finish.

Following the loss of their son, a retired sheriff and his wife leave their Montana ranch to rescue their young grandson from the clutches of a dangerous family living off the grid in the Dakotas.

The Crown.
The last Kingdom (battle scene over the castle of Benfleet) true story.
The Gentlemen.
Enola Holmes.
The Midnight Sky.

To name a few.

Apologies for the slightly off-topic nature of this but I've discovered something wonderful on YouTube, a channel called 'post 10'

It's just some random guy in the U.S who goes around off his own back and unblocks road drains armed with just a rake. Now I know this sounds odd and boring but just watching him and the water draining away when he starts doing his stuff is very satisfying!

You will lose hours watching this, his running ommentary of the problems is also quality.

Back