• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Lomas' Contract Mutually Terminated

I wish him all the best whatever or wherever he goes. He was immensely unlucky with injuries and still is by the sound of it. Realistically, with the signing of Crowther and the discovery that Taylor was a very decent central defender, his chances of breaking through would have been limited. It's always sad when a young pro arrives with fanfares and a very good reputation in NLN only to find that a player like Lopata heaves into view.

Really sorry for the lad, just broken in to the team then gets injured and apparently the injury is misdiagnosed which is shocking.

At least letting him leave early may allow him the chance to find another club before the end of season sales!!

Really gutted for the young man.
I actually hope we did the right thing and paid him up the rest of his contract. Can’t help but feel he was massively let down so I hope we’ve been fair and he’s left on good terms.

Well he's agreed to it, so is presumably happy
True - and I feel like there’s a decent focus from Tom and the rest of the consortium to repair our reputation and do things the right way.

I feel like Ron would’ve played hardball and told him to either accept a third of what’s outstanding or report to Boots and Laces three times a week until his contract expires.

Whilst there was the possibility of the club picking up the extension this sort of felt inevitable, particularly with Crowther taking his chance. Lomas looked a good player but in the medium turn we’ve multiple players for that role. That said we’re overall short on numbers in defence and currently with two out I wonder if this is the prelude to bringing in another body. Someone who also covers right wing-back or another left footer?

Sad. But we've had it in the past where they get better after a long absence, then **** off... we need wages elsewhere tbh.

Gutted for him. Played through the end of last season injured, mis diagnosed during the summer meaning not being treated for the right condition not to mention no medical support at times during pre season. Really liked the look of him when he played. Just hasnt worked out for him. Hope he gets fit and gets a good move to restart his career

Really nice guy, think he was traveling in from Luton if I remember where his family were based out of so not so sure it was ever destined to work out for him with the commute and injuries. Shame as a good defender there. Good luck to the lad.

Sorry to hear of his departure, Looked a good prospect until all the misfortune kicked in.
We wont get to know the full story which at times seemed a bit odd,

Now down to a squad of just 20 with 3 out injured l Coker just getting back will need a few weeks, 2 loanees and Temp contract with Martin

Probably the smallest squad in the league, be interesting to see how we respond to Louis Departure

Back