• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Lomas' Contract Mutually Terminated

Shame I was rather hoping he would be back , especially as we need another CB at the moment .

Still wish him all the best wherever he ends up

True - and I feel like there’s a decent focus from Tom and the rest of the consortium to repair our reputation and do things the right way.

I feel like Ron would’ve played hardball and told him to either accept a third of what’s outstanding or report to Boots and Laces three times a week until his contract expires.
Ron is still running the club isn't he?

That's a real shame. I always really liked Lomas on the odd occasion he played. Hope he does managed to get his career back on track, although I have to say it feels like the club have been very vague about his reasons for not being fit.

Ron is still running the club isn't he?
He certainly owns it, but sure as hell isn’t running it as we haven’t heard of any issues with staff/players/bills going unpaid for a while now. Thanks to the consortium.

He certainly wouldn’t of come to a mutual termination of Lomas’ contract either!

Real shame this one. Thought he had good potential and could have kicked on this season without the injuries.

I actually hope we did the right thing and paid him up the rest of his contract. Can’t help but feel he was massively let down so I hope we’ve been fair and he’s left on good terms.
As we are assured that the Rat is no longer involved in the day to day running of SUFC then I am sure we have done the right thing by Louis.

Ah, I feel really disappointed reading this. There was a good current and future player there save for bad luck with this injury. Feel worse knowing he played through it at end of last season to help us reach the playoffs. I hope that commitment didn’t make things worse for him long term. I just hope we’ve offered him all the support we can. Good luck Louis, hope to see you back one day with us or another club.

Shame it hasn’t worked out for Lomas, think there is a player in there, but it just hasn’t really worked out.

Think he was harshly dropped when Lopata returned, although I can see why, and played through the pain barrier for the Club.

The misdiagnosis of his injury really hampered him, and with a proper medical department, we might have seen Lomas return. My first choice position to strengthen in the summer is a new medical department, physio in particular.

Ultimately, with everyone fit, he is down the pecking order. Its best for us and him that we part ways, and I hope he gets himself fixed up with a new Club ASAP.

Last edited:
I thought he didn't want to leave?
In life, things change. For one, he's slipped down the pecking order. And maybe, given the choice, he did still want to stay, but maybe the management made it clear he was no longer in their plans and he agreed to a settlement and left.

Last edited:
Was on our table last year at the Sponsors' Evening, seemed a nice lad. Not his fault what went on, so thank him for his efforts and wish him all the very best wherever his future takes him.

Back