• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

London Mayoral Election - Who will win?

Argh, you bugger. I would like to argue this one with you, but work is sadly pulling me away.

:(

But knowingly firing missiles into civilian blocks - and sod the women & children living there - on the off chance of hitting a couple of lads with a Katuysha pea-shooter makes the Israeli Army generals (as efficient and effective their soldiers may be) murderous barstewards.

What's the current death toll ratio on a civilian basis...? It was north of 100:1 (dead Palestinian civilians to dead Israeli civilians) last time I looked...?

As Mr. Ghandi said, an eye for an eye makes the world go blind. It's time the Israeli state grew up and gave the Palestianians a homeland. If the Palestinians want then to f*** it up, so be it. That's their choice - something denied them hitherto.

Matt

Ill take it up then ;) . There really are both murderous muppets , but as always its the minority's "speaking" or acting for the majority that cause the problems

Ghandi , may have lived by it , sadly life it self is ever flowing and will not wait for dogma or stagnation on either part (as non violence works so well till some one kills you and stops your order in its tracks). Right action at teh right time in the right way.

Dear Sir

I am writing to enquire as to how I go about reclaiming my licence fee.

Last night the BBC hit a new depth in its coverage with its local election broadcast.

I appreciate Jade Goody may have been unavailable, or that her area of expertise is limited to the budget, but even so surely something better could have been found to fill in the time rather than Jeremy Vine's graphics. Has the TV test card been mislaid?

The Texan shoot-out was possibly the most cringe-worthy TV I have ever had the misfortune to witness, and I say this as someone unfortunate enough to have suffered Ian Wright's punditry and Gary Lineker's puns on Match of the Day.

The concepts behind it were so convoluted, that it took Vine longer to attempt to explain why such ridiculous graphics were being used, than to divulge the information they were supposed to convey.

Not only was the whole concept tediously abstract, but it was also misleading as you somehow managed to suggest that 25% was lower than 23% and then tried to make an incredulous Vince Cable dignify it with a response. The "evolution" of the Conservative party and the cartoon clashes were hardly triumphs of Reithian values either.

Whilst I appreciate that at 2:30am you need to keep engaged those viewers still watching who aren't interested in politics, surely you could do better than this? The excellent Professor Anthony King was sat there and could easily have been asked to offer more analysis for a start.

No wonder you decided to cut short the programme at 3:30am, rather than let this embarrassment continue further. Should you decide in future to take your political coverage in the other direction, and instead try and offer incisive analytical coverage, maybe you could look towards the US broadcasters for how not to patronise your audience.

Finally, I note your election results appear to both lag behind and differ from Sky's.

As bad a night as that was for the Labour Party,this was every bit as bad for the BBC.

Yours in disappointment

well said; I felt it neccesary to apologise to my (american) other half on behalf of my country after the 'evolution' segment. BBC news has been absolute toilet recently- the other day there was a 15 minute interview with some psychologist about the Austria thing, it might as well have Big Brother's Big Mouth for all the insight that was involved.

I wholeheartedly agree under the strict understanding that when they do f*** it up then not one red cent of aid is sent from here or any other western country and if Israel is threatened with so much as a catapult then they will not be bastioned by every other nation for carpet bombing the place for a month.

I support this proposal 100%, but you know the 'International Community' will give the little sweethearts everything they desire and condemn the Israelis when they take issue at having illiterate peasant boys blowing themselves up hoping to get some hot group sex.

I think BAG is right when he says the Palestinians couldn't peaceably govern a WI meeting. However I couldn't see the Israelis managing it either.

YB, you know I admire your wit and will always respect your views, but I must protest. Israel is the only democratic nation in the area and could certainly teach the Arab states a few things about gender equality.

Ill take it up then ;) . There really are both murderous muppets , but as always its the minority's "speaking" or acting for the majority that cause the problems

Ghandi , may have lived by it , sadly life it self is ever flowing and will not wait for dogma or stagnation on either part (as non violence works so well till some one kills you and stops your order in its tracks). Right action at teh right time in the right way.

As above Osy, I consider you a friend and will always respect your views. In terms of non-violence, I also agree with them! I can't agree that the Israelis are murderous muppets however. They are constantly living with a siege mentality, and hair trigger massive retaliation seems understandable to me.

Argh, you bugger. I would like to argue this one with you, but work is sadly pulling me away.

:(

But knowingly firing missiles into civilian blocks - and sod the women & children living there - on the off chance of hitting a couple of lads with a Katuysha pea-shooter makes the Israeli Army generals (as efficient and effective their soldiers may be) murderous barstewards.

What's the current death toll ratio on a civilian basis...? It was north of 100:1 (dead Palestinian civilians to dead Israeli civilians) last time I looked...?

As Mr. Ghandi said, an eye for an eye makes the world go blind. It's time the Israeli state grew up and gave the Palestianians a homeland. If the Palestinians want then to f*** it up, so be it. That's their choice - something denied them hitherto.

Matt

Much as I disagree with you Matthew, I apologise for the coarseness of my earlier riposte. The idea of 'civilians' is extremely subjective here. When a young man starts throwing rocks and petrol bombs, is he still a civilian?

Israel is geographically a very small part of the Middle East, and the territory was given to the Jewish people who were understandably none too keen to return to their homes in Europe. As a result of wars started by Arab neighbours, the territory has grown. This may be very simplistic, but if you can't bear losing land, don't start wars. To the victor, the spoils. Give the Palestinians some Arab land and jog them on.

"Anyhoo... the real issue tonight for me is whether the BNP got the 5% they craved. I f***ing hope not, as that would be a dark day for us all..."

sorry Matt but why would that be a 'dark day' for us all? .....surely if enough people are worried to distraction about certain issues it is their right to vote BNP the same as people are in their right to vote for any other standing party? .....what has the 5% got to do with it?

"Anyhoo... the real issue tonight for me is whether the BNP got the 5% they craved. I f***ing hope not, as that would be a dark day for us all..."

sorry Matt but why would that be a 'dark day' for us all? .....surely if enough people are worried to distraction about certain issues it is their right to vote BNP the same as people are in their right to vote for any other standing party? .....what has the 5% got to do with it?

Sorry but your wish has not been granted, it seems. Richard Barnbrook will take up one of the 25 seats on the London assembly.

Back