• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

London Mayoral Election - Who will win?

Ok I see this as a two horse race between Ken Livingstone & Boris Johnson, with the rest also rans. I think that Boris may will win this.

Anybody else see it differently or think Brian Paddick or one of the other candidates (other than the BNP) can win?

No, I agree Harry, but I think this one will be close, much closer than in previous elections. Wouldn't like to call it, think Boris might just edge it as Ken blotted his copybook recently and people are just so annoyed about the congestion charge.

I'd hate to see Johnson get in. People should be in positions of responsibility due to merit, not because they were members of the Bullingdon club.

Go Ken.

Last edited:
I think Johnson will just edge it as well and wouldn't be surprised if either UKIP or BNP get a seat through proportional rep.

I'd hate to see Johnson get in. People should be in positions of responsibility due to merit, not because they were members of the Bullingdon club.

Go Ken.

Thanks for your endorsement but I think I'll turn down your kind offer. Oh-- you didn't mean me , you meant that bloke with lots of kids with tons of different women , the man who ar se-licks terrorists and spends absolute fortunes of council-tax payers monies on jolly-ups for his army of worshipping staff. My mistake.

I'm torn. I like Ken. He's the last rock'n'roll politician, but I think his finest point was when he said that corruption was inevitable in any administration that lasted beyond two terms.

However, Boris is a ****, pure and simple. He's tried to have journalists beaten up, he's managed to offend all of Liverpool, something I usually admire, but not an admirable trait for a city leader, he's notoriously useless at everything he does except writing, he's like a ****ing Richard Curtis character and he's a ****ing tory. If we let one back becuase he once rugby tackled a German, they'll all want to get back in.

Paddick's the weirdest gay guy I've ever seen. Everytime he speaks, you can hear the entire gay population of London reeling in disgust. How was he ever a copper? Prissy, grey, useless. Next time, I want one of the proper, predatory gays to get up on the soapbox, leer at a completely straight cameraman, make his speech with charm and personality and then veer off on a Champagne-fueled night of outrage in a trendy Soho nightspot. This, I am reliably informed, is what being gay is all about.

The rest are a ragtag bunch of racists, bigots and jingoistic throwbacks who don't seem to realise that the reason London has slowly evolved into the most fantastic, vibrant city on earth is because of the mishmash of cultures and peoples, and it didn't happen in spite of it.

I think I will have to vote Green, on account of the candidate being very fit indeed.

Judging by my side of the office, it looks like Boris will be winning. Suffice to say that I shan't be talking to them for weeks if it happens. The worst thing is that the majority of them have voted for him because of the (media-driven) perception of his 'personality' (ignoring the fact that he is actually a vile, bigoted tit) or to "get Livingstone out". I despair. If you're going to vote for somebody, at least know the first thing about their policies (if they have any, which Boris doesn't. He does have some nice soundbites, though. All hail the new Tory age of spin...).

When I become Prime Minister, all voters who so flagrantly disregard their sensibilities when the y approach a polling station will be forcibly sterilised.

I'm torn. I like Ken. He's the last rock'n'roll politician, but I think his finest point was when he said that corruption was inevitable in any administration that lasted beyond two terms.

However, Boris is a ****, pure and simple. He's tried to have journalists beaten up, he's managed to offend all of Liverpool, something I usually admire, but not an admirable trait for a city leader, he's notoriously useless at everything he does except writing, he's like a ****ing Richard Curtis character and he's a ****ing tory. If we let one back becuase he once rugby tackled a German, they'll all want to get back in.

Paddick's the weirdest gay guy I've ever seen. Everytime he speaks, you can hear the entire gay population of London reeling in disgust. How was he ever a copper? Prissy, grey, useless. Next time, I want one of the proper, predatory gays to get up on the soapbox, leer at a completely straight cameraman, make his speech with charm and personality and then veer off on a Champagne-fueled night of outrage in a trendy Soho nightspot. This, I am reliably informed, is what being gay is all about.

The rest are a ragtag bunch of racists, bigots and jingoistic throwbacks who don't seem to realise that the reason London has slowly evolved into the most fantastic, vibrant city on earth is because of the mishmash of cultures and peoples, and it didn't happen in spite of it.

I think I will have to vote Green, on account of the candidate being very fit indeed.
So you infact want a giant daddy bear growling at the press and then whisk you off for a night in Madam Jo jo's ;)

Anyways yes the Green lady is ratehr fit , and has some of the best ideas for local buisness , hopefully she will get the second vote (that hasn't had any real coverage !)

Boris is a complete **** (i actually feel bad now about donnating the book for the raffle saturday ).

So how did that idiot Livingstone get in?
Give him his credit he does actually know what his doing , abnd is restricted by goverment rather then lack of brains (r.e Johnson).

Its a city of what 10 million people , sorry but you do the best for the general populos , and thats never popular .

I just voted hard-left, I figured they needed a break. Plus, I was rather taken with the little red star on their logo. Vintage.

They'll never get in, but as long as someone is still out there fighting for the causes that Labour turned their backs on in favour of pursuing the corporate ****, my conscience is clear.

sianberry.jpg

somethings slightly wrong with her nose but i would still slip her one in belfairs woods

Go Ken.

Surely if enough people vote for him to become London mayor then that qualifies as 'merit'?

Whoever you vote for, please vote if you can. The BNP's best chance of getting in is apathy.

Having said that, my polling station is up a bloody steep hill....

Surely if enough people vote for him to become London mayor then that qualifies as 'merit'?

Whoever you vote for, please vote if you can. The BNP's best chance of getting in is apathy.

Having said that, my polling station is up a bloody steep hill....

Look on the bright side James it'll be a bloody quick descent.

I think Boris will win, taking around a 7% lead over Ken on first preferences, but not enough for an overall win. On second preferences it should be closer and Boris may only just scrape over the line.

Who deserves to win is another matter. I still haven't voted as I haven't made my mind up yet. I've watched all three debates which have done little to make up my mind.

At least I know who the candidates are for the mayoral elections. I think I've also got other local elections to vote in, but don't even know who is standing. I haven't been canvassed once, I've had no flyers or manifestos through my door. I have no idea how to vote.

I think Boris will win, taking around a 7% lead over Ken on first preferences, but not enough for an overall win. On second preferences it should be closer and Boris may only just scrape over the line.

Who deserves to win is another matter. I still haven't voted as I haven't made my mind up yet. I've watched all three debates which have done little to make up my mind.

At least I know who the candidates are for the mayoral elections. I think I've also got other local elections to vote in, but don't even know who is standing. I haven't been canvassed once, I've had no flyers or manifestos through my door. I have no idea how to vote.

You put a little "X" in the box next to the one with the nicest sounding name...;)

I've given this a lot of thought. Vote for anyone but Ken because he's an anti-semitic cohnt. And his whiny nasal drone gets on my tats.

In our local area the only party that have bothered to canvess this year and indeed the last time my vote was required is....BNP. Now I wont be casting my vote for them but I have a mind to if for no other reason that they have made an effort to post a flyer through my letterbox and tell me what they are standing for. The Conservatives, Labour and Lib Dem have not done a thing. And they wonder why there is so much voter apathy.

Back