• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Looking up the table

Yeah I am sure all the Col Ewe fans were thinking exactly the same last season about us ?????

I would love it if they got relegated, nothing would give me greater joy
Do you actually care what Colchester fans think?

I remember the days when we could say West Ham were our local rivals and now we are wishing ill of a small club from up the road.

Do you actually care what Colchester fans think?

I remember the days when we could say West Ham were our local rivals and now we are wishing ill of a small club from up the road.
“Wishing ill” is not the same as wanting your rivals to do less well than yourselves. Who do you wish the NL on as two teams will be relegated. With your attitude do you want anyone to be below us? On league position Colchester are our traditional rivals, West Ham only briefly.

“Wishing ill” is not the same as wanting your rivals to do less well than yourselves. Who do you wish the NL on as two teams will be relegated. With your attitude do you want anyone to be below us? On league position Colchester are our traditional rivals, West Ham only briefly.
I think you’ll find I’m not bothered who is below us. I could not care less if we were to win the league what happens to Colchester, Orient or Dagenham. If one of them were to win their league then good for them.

Wow already safe? Very bold words imo. 3 or 4 long term injuries and as seen today we are nowhere near good enough.

I wont feel safe till its a mathematical certainty after our recent history.

I agree. We mustn't count our chickens before they are hatched. Last season Weymouth pulled well away from the relegation zone having been near bottom at New Year. They could do it again.

Yeah I am sure all the Col Ewe fans were thinking exactly the same last season about us ?????

Especially after the way Nouble laughed about it on social media. I’d take great pleasure in seeing them get relegated.

I try to avoid seeing them in (in)action now but they certainly seem to be just as hopeless this season as they were last season when it should and could HAVE been them going down with Grimsby.......perhaps someone who couldn’t appreciate all MM’s valiant good work ,could remind us of Brown’s game-plan for that crucial,humiliating defeat ?

I try to avoid seeing them in (in)action now but they certainly seem to be just as hopeless this season as they were last season when it should and could HAVE been them going down with Grimsby.......perhaps someone who couldn’t appreciate all MM’s valiant good work ,could remind us of Brown’s game-plan for that crucial,humiliating defeat ?
Maybe that was Browns plan all along. To get revenge for his first sacking to come back and get us relegated. That game against Col Ewe will haunt us forever

I agree. We mustn't count our chickens before they are hatched. Last season Weymouth pulled well away from the relegation zone having been near bottom at New Year. They could do it again.
Don't forget that there was no relegation last season so a lot of clubs furloughed players and played their kids / anyone that fancied a game so the bottom half of the table wasn't representative.

Not a fan of Aldershot after the abandonment saga a decade or so ago but certainly not rivals! Ridiculous

Especially after the way Nouble laughed about it on social media. I’d take great pleasure in seeing them get relegated.
I think we still have issues acknowledging who & where we are as a club. Appalling mismanagement has meant that our rivals are not Orient, Colchester, Gillingham etc but Dagenham, Wealdstone, Kings Lynn.

We should now aim higher now we look to be safe from relegation
We're a very long way from being safe from relegation.

This weekend last year we'd just battered Grimsby and somehow let them off with a 0-0, having won our last four home matches and lost just 1 in about 7 games.

The embargo was cleared and we'd turned the corner, hadn't we?

One thing I've learned about this club over the years is never get your hopes up.

What price top 12 do you all think.
9 off of 12th….23 games to go?

There's not many ex players who I dislike more than him. Like you've said, he was laughing at us on social media, he's done it a lot. I remember him and another recent ex player both slagging the club off and laughing at fans, can't remember who it was.

The less said about his Charlton miss the better, still hurts.

Anyone seen that short video of their chairman telling col u fans that its his club and not theirs. There's clearly so much wrong with that BUT karma is funny thing after they were constantly laughing at us when we got relegated (again).

Back