• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are you paying this over the 10 month period? If so cancel the direct debit. That is a complete and utter joke. £30? That's actually laughable. Who do they seriously think they are charging that sort of money for a piece of plastic? That's wound me up and I've not even lost mine lol.

I paid for both cards in full in March / April.
I haven't paid the £30.

I have emailed Steve Kavanagh, so we see what happens. I did mention in the email that they should not be ripping off fans (ie, not just me). If I get nowhere, then OBL be my guest and take it up.

I have a committee meeting tonight LF, so I will bring it up there and take it forward to next liaison.

OBL, you have private message from me

Steve K did sort this out, but has advised the cost is in the T&Cs

You don't know how lucky you are ! The Customer Charter currently linked from the Official Web Sites states a ridiculous £50 charge for replacing a ticket.

Mind you it also says all mobile phones must be switched off during the match !!! It also says you cannot bring mobile phones into the ground so it's clearly a well thought-out document. It also says no smoking is permitted within the ground.

Once you start to pick and choose which conditions are enforced, the whole document loses credibility.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/documents/customer-charter-ticket-conditions52-900029.pdf

Presumably the club worked with the Trust on something as customer-centric as this ?

You don't know how lucky you are ! The Customer Charter currently linked from the Official Web Sites states a ridiculous £50 charge for replacing a ticket.

Mind you it also says all mobile phones must be switched off during the match !!! It also says you cannot bring mobile phones into the ground so it's clearly a well thought-out document. It also says no smoking is permitted within the ground.

Once you start to pick and choose which conditions are enforced, the whole document loses credibility.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/documents/customer-charter-ticket-conditions52-900029.pdf

Presumably the club worked with the Trust on something as customer-centric as this ?

I think the Football League is more to blame for things like the mobile phone terms.

I think the Football League is more to blame for things like the mobile phone terms.

I commend your attempts to defend the club from charges of shoddy practice but you're wrong.

Football League requirements are limited to:

Mobile telephones and other mobile devices are permitted within the Ground PROVIDED
THAT (i) they are used for personal and private use only (which, for the avoidance of
doubt and by way of example only, shall not include the capturing, logging, recording,
transmitting, playing, issuing, showing, or any other communication of any Material for any
commercial purposes); and (ii) no Material that is captured by a mobile telephone or other
mobile device may be published or otherwise made available to any third parties including,
without limitation, via social networking sites.

I commend your attempts to defend the club from charges of shoddy practice but you're wrong.

Football League requirements are limited to:

Mobile telephones and other mobile devices are permitted within the Ground PROVIDED
THAT (i) they are used for personal and private use only (which, for the avoidance of
doubt and by way of example only, shall not include the capturing, logging, recording,
transmitting, playing, issuing, showing, or any other communication of any Material for any
commercial purposes); and (ii) no Material that is captured by a mobile telephone or other
mobile device may be published or otherwise made available to any third parties including,
without limitation, via social networking sites.

In which case I stand corrected. I knew they had a policy.

Out of interest, how is Material defined?

The thing is, if I end up paying £30 for a replacement, it will be the £30 I would have spent on an away shirt. And I similarly wont be spending £75 on an SUFC coat for the winter. And I wont be spending any money on stocking fillers in the club shop. And, as I hope Ratboy will be working next year, I wont get a season ticket either.

And I most certainly wont be arranging the annual Refs Xmas Do in an Exec Box this year.
You actually buying Xmas presents this year? Wow that's a first.

In which case I stand corrected. I knew they had a policy.

Out of interest, how is Material defined?

Interestingly, the definition includes the word "material":

"Material" means any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data.

Blimey. Shows you what a load of baloney is included in our terms and conditions. So makes that ridiculous £30 fee even less credible.

OBL, you have private message from me

Steve K did sort this out, but has advised the cost is in the T&Cs

Just because it's in the T&Cs, doesn't make it right.
We all click, tick the box now and again without reading the full T&Cs for things. Some things I read the full T&Cs.
When it comes to Southend United, I would just skip through it like a lot of people. I would like to think I can trust my club, and there shouldn't be anything in there to annoy, upset or catch me out financially.
We are supporters through good and bad. We support verbally and financially the club. Without us, there is no club.
Why should the club want to rip off the life blood over a lost ticket or season card?

Why should the club want to rip off the life blood over a lost ticket or season card?

If I had to guess, I would say they are not confident that the system would effectively disable the original one and are suspicious that some people might indulge in their own "buy one, get one free". If so that is a sad reflection on the system.

The only other reason can be blatant profiteering.

My understanding is, and this has not come from Steve K, that there is no facility to cancel a lost card and it seems some people have been regularly "losing" their cards. It is of course possible to be given a duplicate card whilst your existing card is being used by someone else.

My understanding is, and this has not come from Steve K, that there is no facility to cancel a lost card and it seems some people have been regularly "losing" their cards. It is of course possible to be given a duplicate card whilst your existing card is being used by someone else.

...two problems, of which neither is resolved by a £30/£50 fine.

If the problem is the inability to cancel, solve that one rather than penalise your fan base!

Back