• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends

Benfleet A1

Hector Of The House
Yeah I know it's old hat and they are years old repeats but I'm watching the one about the American Survivalists who just happen to be BBC listed right wing. Now the one family that LT stayed with were perfect Mien Hosts with the Mexican wife cooking traditional meals while the man of the house was getting up at stupid o'clock to check out the neighbourhood for signs of government interverence (sp) He chose his way of live because of govenment interverence (that sp again) but in this instance it was raiding his daughters bank balance being raided for the grand total of $12 dollars. I am assuming there is more to it than that but whatever.

LT spent time with this family who were building a home and life for themselves that wasn't and isn't hurting anyone else. The programme tried it's best to rubbish this family and interviewed other people who were completely round the bend with views of Hitler was misunderstood and such like that the original family completely distanced themselves from and finally TL accepted that they were not apart of the right wing nut nut brigade.

My question is, why do the general press and media lable people who practice survival or self presavation as being right wing maniacs.

Yeah I know it's old hat and they are years old repeats but I'm watching the one about the American Survivalists who just happen to be BBC listed right wing. Now the one family that LT stayed with were perfect Mien Hosts with the Mexican wife cooking traditional meals while the man of the house was getting up at stupid o'clock to check out the neighbourhood for signs of government interverence (sp) He chose his way of live because of govenment interverence (that sp again) but in this instance it was raiding his daughters bank balance being raided for the grand total of $12 dollars. I am assuming there is more to it than that but whatever.

LT spent time with this family who were building a home and life for themselves that wasn't and isn't hurting anyone else. The programme tried it's best to rubbish this family and interviewed other people who were completely round the bend with views of Hitler was misunderstood and such like that the original family completely distanced themselves from and finally TL accepted that they were not apart of the right wing nut nut brigade.

My question is, why do the general press and media lable people who practice survival or self presavation as being right wing maniacs.

I watched that a few weeks ago and allthough LT did his best to provide his subjects with a platform on which to air any racist views few people did so. I think the program was very sympathetic to the man with the Mexicacan wife and his family, the hippy who lived undergroung and the Christian chap who lived in a house built from straw bales. LT even pointed out to the first family that it wasn't the guns etc. that was likely to get them into trouble, it was non payment of taxes.

The program was less sympathetic to the store owner with anti semetic views and also showed the members of the Aryan Nation church up for what they are.

I learned a long time ago to avoid any form of right wing programmes on TV as they usually present the right winger as some sort of nutter, jew hater, extremist etc etc.

LT has done some really funny ones though. The best that I have ever seen is the Thai Brides one....Put comedy...

I learned a long time ago to avoid any form of right wing programmes on TV as they usually present the right winger as some sort of nutter, jew hater, extremist etc etc.

LT has done some really funny ones though. The best that I have ever seen is the Thai Brides one....Put comedy...

Not sure if this was a weird weekend, program he did with the Phelps family that all belong to the Westboro Baptish Church?

They went to protest at Soldiers funerals who had been killed Iraq, and presented the argument that it was justice as America has empowered gays......

And going along to funerals of people who died of Aids, stating the disease was Gods punishment for being homosexual.....

In some cases the views of the extreme right can do that on their own.

Not sure if this was a weird weekend, program he did with the Phelps family that all belong to the Westboro Baptish Church?

They went to protest at Soldiers funerals who had been killed Iraq, and presented the argument that it was justice as America has empowered gays......

And going along to funerals of people who died of Aids, stating the disease was Gods punishment for being homosexual.....

In some cases the views of the extreme right can do that on their own.

That one was on lastnight that is one vile, twisted bunch of in-bred scum I have ever seen on the google box. If ever there was a reason for indiscriminate murder then there is your target.

That one was on lastnight that is one vile, twisted bunch of in-bred scum I have ever seen on the google box. If ever there was a reason for then there is your target.

Shame I missed it, would have liked to watch it again......

As one of those wishy washy leftie types, who works with Asylum Seekers, the Homeless, and people with Drug and Booze problems, I would have to say they are possibly the only family I've come accross where I would agree with your indiscriminate murder plan :D

I did feel really sorry for those two young girls though, especially when they performed in that Bar....

It felt like they were just being used as propaganda, "Look they're young and pretty, we must be right"

Awful.

Back