• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Louis Walsh moves to Barnet on a permanent deal

Bit of a shame as I thought he looked to have good potential but I suppose outgoings were always going to be necessary with the size of the squad.

Thought he was a prospect but the squad needs trimming so if he wasn’t getting on the bench then best for both parties.

An exciting player going forward, best wishes to him. He fell down picking order here, and the formation style wasn't to his strengths and exposed other areas of his play which a conventional 4 4 2 might not.

Good for him. Highly rated I’d thought by the coaching staff and so I’m surprised it’s permanent but there you go.

Good luck to him. Seemed a good prospect but he needs game time and was down the pecking order.

Can’t say I’m surprised as I didn’t see where he fitted in. I’m glad he’s got somewhere to go though and I’ll be interested to see how he develops. He was a very raw prospect who had promise going forward but offered very little defensively.

It’s quite remarkable how the coaching staff are able to reshape the squad midseason. I suppose Walsh was probably one of the easier ones to move on as you can sell his untapped potential easier than trying to get someone to take on Dunne’s two year deal.

He was good in the games he played but only for about 15-20 mins in each of those games. I always felt he lacked the knowhow and understanding of when to use his energy. He was so explosive, but maybe too much. He seemed to use it all up in the first 15-20 mins and then just totally fade away. Weirdly enough, Grimsby away was a perfect example of that.

The high press and constant pressure on the opposition that our team now require may have been too much for him.

Powell and Cardwell coming from part time football have shown they aren't quite used to it yet. They are getting better but they aren't quite at the 90 minute mark yet. That will come in time of course. It's a big step up.

Good luck to Louis. All the best to him.

Thought we rated this guy, suppose we have to balance the books with the new players coming in.

He was good in the games he played but only for about 15-20 mins in each of those games. I always felt he lacked the knowhow and understanding of when to use his energy. He was so explosive, but maybe too much. He seemed to use it all up in the first 15-20 mins and then just totally fade away. Weirdly enough, Grimsby away was a perfect example of that.

The high press and constant pressure on the opposition that our team now require may have been too much for him.

Powell and Cardwell coming from part time football have shown they aren't quite used to it yet. They are getting better but they aren't quite at the 90 minute mark yet. That will come in time of course. It's a big step up.

Good luck to Louis. All the best to him.
Cardwell lasts 90 minutes a lot better than Dennis who has been here all season!

To be honest a tad surprised a National League side have taken him on, has potential though and probably quite cheap so maybe that's why.

Nice to see we've not had to pay him off at all to get him out, again likely due to the low salary.

I'm confident in the recruitment and management team to improve on those we ship out, so any outgoings that aren't near the starting line up is good news to me.

Back