• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lucky items

doucebag

I'm taking my lucky Buddha tomorrow. Anybody thinking of taking something lucky? maybe wearing the same clothes as when we last won?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (doucebag @ May 06 2005,11:17)]I'm taking my lucky Buddha tomorrow. Anybody thinking of taking something lucky? maybe wearing the same clothes as when we last won?
biggrin.gif
I shall NOT be taking my unlucky wife. After discussion last night it was agreed that she is a complete jinx and will no longer be accompanying me on the long journey on the road to hell. We have lost 7 of the last 8 games she has been to.

As a result I now have a spare ticket if anyone needs one. Please PM me - but I'll only have PC access until 12.45 today. Otherwise, there will be a spare one going around the ground tomorrow.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As a result I now have a spare ticket if anyone needs one. Please PM me - but I'll only have PC access until 12.45 today. Otherwise, there will be a spare one going around the ground tomorrow.
Que.. Littleman

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ May 06 2005,11:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As a result I now have a spare ticket if anyone needs one. Please PM me - but I'll only have PC access until 12.45 today. Otherwise, there will be a spare one going around the ground tomorrow.
Que.. Littleman
A PM has been sent
tounge.gif

Red Elonex away shirt or LDV final shirt? Wearing the latter has seen us lose at Cardiff and Oxford.

I'm not going and may not even listen in on Blues world.

went to Cardiff - lost
listened to Orient - lost
PC crashed so missed the Macclesfiled game - won
went to Oxford - lost
Home vs Yeovil - lost

I'm unlucky so therefore it's best that I'm at least 200 miles from Humberside on Saturday.  
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LITTLEMAN @ May 06 2005,11:31)]
[b said:
[b said:
Que.. Littleman
A PM has been sent  
tounge.gif
And received. Have you got my message back?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ May 06 2005,11:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (LITTLEMAN @ May 06 2005,11:31)]
[b said:
[b said:
Que.. Littleman
A PM has been sent  
tounge.gif
And received. Have you got my message back?
I got your email on Hotmail

Although I am probably the only person on this board who is not travelling to tommorows game. I still have something very lucky which will be traveling up........

a few months ago before our brilliant run started myself, barry the dog and sunbed lorna were walking down to Talk one friday night, when we found a pair of those awful Pilot glasses laying on the floor. ( you know the ones that tom cruise wears in top gun) any way the dog kept them on in Blue bar and looked a right p**k but we were only mucking around like, and all the people around us actually thought we were trying to be 'really funky like' anyway the next day we went to football and we scored and when I looked round Barry the dog had these f**king silly glasses on in the middle of the day!!, after the game me the dog and sexy becky (my then girl friend ) went for a booze down the sunrooms and we cristened the glasses ' the official promotion glasses of Southend United 04/05season' and believe it or not we didnt stop winning when we had these glasses, even if myself or the dog didnt go the glasses travelled up the country with someone else and yes again we would get the win. Disaster struck one friday night not long ago, when asking were the glasses were before the orient game, one of the chaps informed me that the glasses were listening at home on BBC Essex, the whole pub fell silent and a sudden feeling of disaster bread throughout the chaps. The writiing was on the wall literally.'cockles woz ere 05', and yes as you guesses we lost the game, in a moment of shock and looking for immediate answers 'Sexy Becky' was given the spanish archer (the old ell bow!!) but deep down I new she wasnt the cause of the teams misfortune and it was indeed the curse of the 'official promotion glasses'

I have spoken to the 'NIOG' this morning (National Instituate of Glasses) and they informed me that this story is by no means a one off, and in fact back in 87 in an episode of 'chips' Puncharella actually had a pair of goggles on and not his legendary glasses and in that particular episode the bad guys got away

A noble story and we really need to see those glasses tomorrow. How about we shoot a seagull for luck? say around 2:30 on the seafront at cleethorpes? Old bill may take a dim view of armed football fans i suspect

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave cusaks nose @ May 06 2005,11:42)]Although I am probably the only person on this board who is not travelling to tommorows game. I still have something very lucky which will be traveling up........

a few months ago before our brilliant run started myself, barry the dog and sunbed lorna were walking down to Talk one friday night, when we found a pair of those awful Pilot glasses laying on the floor. ( you know the ones that tom cruise wears in top gun) any way the dog kept them on in Blue bar and looked a right p**k but we were only mucking around like, and all the people around us actually thought we were trying to be 'really funky like' anyway the next day we went to football and we scored and when I looked round Barry the dog had these f**king silly glasses on in the middle of the day!!, after the game me the dog and sexy becky (my then girl friend ) went for a booze down the sunrooms and we cristened the glasses ' the official promotion glasses of Southend United 04/05season' and believe it or not we didnt stop winning when we had these glasses, even if myself or the dog didnt go the glasses travelled up the country with someone else and yes again we would get the win. Disaster struck one friday night not long ago, when asking were the glasses were before the orient game, one of the chaps informed me that the glasses were listening at home on BBC Essex, the whole pub fell silent and a sudden feeling of disaster bread throughout the chaps. The writiing was on the wall literally.'cockles woz ere 05', and yes as you guesses we lost the game, in a moment of shock and looking for immediate answers 'Sexy Becky' was given the spanish archer (the old ell bow!!) but deep down I new she wasnt the cause of the teams misfortune and it was indeed the curse of the 'official promotion glasses'

I have spoken to the 'NIOG' this morning (National Instituate of Glasses) and they informed me that this story is by no means a one off, and in fact back in 87 in an episode of 'chips' Puncharella actually had a pair of goggles on and not his legendary glasses and in that particular episode the bad guys got away
So Cockles, can you confirm that the glasses will be watching the game tomorrow? I'm doing Brighton to Grimsby and back again tomorrow....I need some guarantees that we've got a chance.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave cusaks nose @ May 06 2005,11:42)]Although I am probably the only person on this board who is not travelling to tommorows game. I still have something very lucky which will be traveling up........

Another fine tale told mate

tommorrow will be my 9th away league game of the season and by the results i think im pretty lucky

rushden 4-1 won
notts county 2-1 won
bury 1-0 won
wycombe 1-0 won
kidderminster 3-1 won
northampton 2-1 won
cheltenham 3-0 won
cambridge 2-0 won
grimsby ?-?

I hope im still lucky by 4.50pm 2morrrow nite

I am the lucky object going to grimsby.

We have won the last 4 away games (league only) that i attended.

Rushden 4-1
Kidderminster 3-1
Northampton 2-1
Cambridge 2-0

When we win tomorrow i accept full responsibility
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smudger @ May 06 2005,11:57)]
[b said:

So Cockles, can you confirm that the glasses will be watching the game tomorrow? I'm doing Brighton to Grimsby and back again tomorrow....I need some guarantees that we've got a chance.
I can now confirm the lucky holders of the glasses will be Lamas, Whitto and blinkey so boys the nation awaits

I just remembered something.
At cardiff, oxford, and yeovil we swapped ends before starting.
Also before starting at cardiff and oxford the Dakota song by Sterephonics was played over the tannoy.
so guys, if these two things occur brfore kick off we might aswell get back into our cars.

Lucky boxers (the ones with little footballs on) lucky socks (with a football and a witty football quote) lucky shirt, but the kilt? mmmm lost at cardiff, lost at yeovil.. time to ditch the McLeod and try the Black Watch?

[b said:

I can never understand when you find something lucky, like your glasses, that cause us to go unbeaten for such a long time that you can not bring them to a match.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (doucebag @ May 06 2005,12:19)]Also before starting at cardiff and oxford the Dakota song by Sterephonics was played over the tannoy.
That's really funny. I noticed that as well and thought I was really geeky for the fact.

I really like Dakota but I pray to God it doesn't get played at Blundell Park tomorrow.

Back