• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lucky items

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ May 06 2005,12:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (doucebag @ May 06 2005,12:19)]Also before starting at cardiff and oxford the Dakota song by Sterephonics was played over the tannoy.
That's really funny. I noticed that as well and thought I was really geeky for the fact.

I really like Dakota but I pray to God it doesn't get played at Blundell Park tomorrow.
They also played this song in the Spread before the Yoevil game and it was mentioned that it brought back bad memories for those who went ot Cardiff.

I recommend everyone listen to their iPOD/MP3 player until kick off to ensure that noone hears this song and blights our chances of Victory.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ May 06 2005,12:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave cusaks nose @ May 06 2005,11:42)]Although I am probably the only person on this board who is not travelling to tommorows game. I still have something very lucky which will be traveling up........

a few months ago before our brilliant run started myself, barry the dog and sunbed lorna were walking down to Talk one friday night, when we found a pair of those awful Pilot glasses laying on the floor. ( you know the ones that tom cruise wears in top gun) any way the dog kept them on in Blue bar and looked a right p**k but we were only mucking around like, and all the people around us actually thought we were trying to be 'really funky like' anyway the next day we went to football and we scored and when I looked round Barry the dog had these f**king silly glasses on in the middle of the day!!, after the game me the dog and sexy becky (my then girl friend ) went for a booze down the sunrooms and we cristened the glasses ' the official promotion glasses of Southend United 04/05season' and believe it or not we didnt stop winning when we had these glasses, even if myself or the dog didnt go the glasses travelled up the country with someone else and yes again we would get the win. Disaster struck one friday night not long ago, when asking were the glasses were before the orient game, one of the chaps informed me that the glasses were listening at home on BBC Essex, the whole pub fell silent and a sudden feeling of disaster bread throughout the chaps. The writiing was on the wall literally.'cockles woz ere 05', and yes as you guesses we lost the game, in a moment of shock and looking for immediate answers 'Sexy Becky' was given the spanish archer (the old ell bow!!) but deep down I new she wasnt the cause of the teams misfortune and it was indeed the curse of the 'official promotion glasses'

I have spoken to the 'NIOG' this morning (National Instituate of Glasses) and they informed me that this story is by no means a one off, and in fact back in 87 in an episode of 'chips' Puncharella actually had a pair of goggles on and not his legendary glasses and in that particular episode the bad guys got away
I can never understand when you find something lucky, like your glasses, that cause us to go unbeaten for such a long time that you can not bring them to a match.
sorry pal...................
I must never forget my glasses again

I don't think it is the Glasses that are lucky, i think it may have been Barry the Dog. Ever since he has gone to the land of The Great Train Robbers, Zico, Ayrton Senna and perfectly kept striped fannies we have started losing ! Bring back Barry !!!, if only so that we have a scapegoat.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave cusaks nose @ May 06 2005,13:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ May 06 2005,12:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave cusaks nose @ May 06 2005,11:42)]Although I am probably the only person on this board who is not travelling to tommorows game. I still have something very lucky which will be traveling up........

a few months ago before our brilliant run started myself, barry the dog and sunbed lorna were walking down to Talk one friday night, when we found a pair of those awful Pilot glasses laying on the floor. ( you know the ones that tom cruise wears in top gun) any way the dog kept them on in Blue bar and looked a right p**k but we were only mucking around like, and all the people around us actually thought we were trying to be 'really funky like' anyway the next day we went to football and we scored and when I looked round Barry the dog had these f**king silly glasses on in the middle of the day!!, after the game me the dog and sexy becky (my then girl friend ) went for a booze down the sunrooms and we cristened the glasses ' the official promotion glasses of Southend United 04/05season' and believe it or not we didnt stop winning when we had these glasses, even if myself or the dog didnt go the glasses travelled up the country with someone else and yes again we would get the win. Disaster struck one friday night not long ago, when asking were the glasses were before the orient game, one of the chaps informed me that the glasses were listening at home on BBC Essex, the whole pub fell silent and a sudden feeling of disaster bread throughout the chaps. The writiing was on the wall literally.'cockles woz ere 05', and yes as you guesses we lost the game, in a moment of shock and looking for immediate answers 'Sexy Becky' was given the spanish archer (the old ell bow!!) but deep down I new she wasnt the cause of the teams misfortune and it was indeed the curse of the 'official promotion glasses'

I have spoken to the 'NIOG' this morning (National Instituate of Glasses) and they informed me that this story is by no means a one off, and in fact back in 87 in an episode of 'chips' Puncharella actually had a pair of goggles on and not his legendary glasses and in that particular episode the bad guys got away
I can never understand when you find something lucky, like your glasses, that cause us to go unbeaten for such a long time that you can not bring them to a match.
sorry pal...................
tounge.gif

Good story anyways.

Think I will have to wear my red third strip shirt tomorrow, as we have lost 3 out of the last 4 league games I have attended whilst wearing my blue training top:

Orient - Blue Training Shirt - lost
Macclesfield - Red shirt - won
Oxford - Blue Training Shirt - lost
Yeovil - Blue Training Shirt - lost
Grimsby - Red shirt -
rock.gif
?

Will we be playing in our home kit tomorrow?

Good man, glad your changing the error of your ways.

I shall be wearing my lucky referee's socks and I shall make sure Draft Shrimper wears that lucky thong I gave him for Xmas.....
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
good nice to know i'm not the only freeky dude to spot these little things. Shame i can't think of many good omens:p

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 06 2005,14:45)]Ive worn my elonex shirt once and weve lost. im tempted to sell it. i wonder who would be interested?

laugh.gif
No one as it has been streched beyond recognition by your beer gut
biggrin.gif

PS - No, my Firholm shirt does not fit me anymore either
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GNH @ May 06 2005,14:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 06 2005,14:45)]Ive worn my elonex shirt once and weve lost. im tempted to sell it. i wonder who would be interested?

laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

down.gif
haha, no, I bought this off ebay much to its grim up norths disgust- a year ago and it fits fine

biggrin.gif

[b said:
[b said:

laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Clarky_Blues @ May 06 2005,14:31)]Will we be playing in our home kit tomorrow?
I doubt it. Grimsby play in black and white striped shirts with black shorts and socks, which is probably too close to our all navy strip. So we'll probably be in sky blue - though Tilly may opt for the red kit as we wore that in Macclesfield for our last victory.

[b said:
[b said:

laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

down.gif
IGUN, pm GNH - seems he doesn't need his Firholm shirt anymore...

[b said:
[b said:

laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

down.gif
mad.gif

Leave it out guys!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 06 2005,16:16)]
[b said:
[b said:

laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

down.gif
IGUN, pm GNH - seems he doesn't need his Firholm shirt anymore...
I think everyone who has a Firholm shirt just likes to dangle it infront of me, then snap it away when they see the desperation in my eye's!

down.gif

Back