• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

One game he palmed away perfect height shots and the clueless brigade said what a wonderful keeper. Have seen him spill more in the games he's been here than Morris in 2 seasons. Mark my words, he will never be better than League 1 as he CAN'T CATCH and CAN'T KICK, Federici he aint!
I'm pretty sure Federici conceded more goals when he was here, and I'd dispute the "he can't catch". Seemed to do alright most times I've seen him. There's only one goal I put down to his error, and that was the first at Dagenham last time.

I'm pretty sure Federici conceded more goals when he was here, and I'd dispute the "he can't catch". Seemed to do alright most times I've seen him. There's only one goal I put down to his error, and that was the first at Dagenham last time.
I don't care how many Federici let in, he is on a different planet to Daniels as is Morris should anyone come down to Boot and laces and see for themselves!

I don't care how many Federici let in, he is on a different planet to Daniels as is Morris should anyone come down to Boot and laces and see for themselves!
Ok, well I've got some statistics for you:

Adam Federici, played 10 games season 2008/9, from Orient at home to Tranmere away
Won - 4
Drawn - 5
Lost - 1
Conceded - 15 goals

Luke Daniels, played 15 games season 2011/12, from Barnet away to Dagenham at home
Won - 7
Drawn - 4
Lost - 4
Conceded - 14 goals

So, even though he's played 5 games more, he's conceded less. Adam Federici might have been exciting to watch but Luke Daniels has proved a very sound loan player.

Adam Federici, played 10 games season 2008/9, from Orient at home to Tranmere away
Won - 4
Drawn - 5
Lost - 1
Conceded - 15 goals

Luke Daniels, played 15 games season 2011/12, from Barnet away to Dagenham at home
Won - 7
Drawn - 4
Lost - 4
Conceded - 14 goals

So, even though he's played 5 games more, he's conceded less. Adam Federici might have been exciting to watch but Luke Daniels has proved a very sound loan player.

Stats mean sod all, yes he has been a decent enough loan keeper but people on here are doing the reliable Morris a disservice, welcome back Glenn you don't need OBL'S book of fact's and figures to prove that you are better than Daniels!

Stats mean sod all, yes he has been a decent enough loan keeper but people on here are doing the reliable Morris a disservice, welcome back Glenn you don't need OBL'S book of fact's and figures to prove that you are better than Daniels!

Yawn, Have some grey for being repetitive and boring!

Normally I would agree, but as I said, with Morris' contract winding down and Daniels' being a potential loan (and we know there are different agreements concerning wages on loans) then I see it as at least a possibility.

We'll never get him permanently, and after a successful loan, WBA will probably want him to get some L1 experience

Won - 4
Drawn - 5
Lost - 1
Conceded - 15 goals

Won - 7
Drawn - 4
Lost - 4
Conceded - 14 goals

Good stats, but IMO they don't work here. Firstly Federici played for us at a higher standard of football in L1. Secondly, if I remember correctly, he had an unsettled defence in front of him, the centre of which was a constant revolving door until Dorian Dervite arrived on loan and shores it up. Therefore, it was undestandably a little leaky.

Federici, I think, contributed a lot more to the way we played as a whole. His supremely accurate kicking, especially (and most impressively) out of hand and at speed, as well as his willingness to launch a counter attack with a lightening quick and accurate throw, launched a lot of attacking moves which resulted in us scoring.

We'll never get him permanently, and after a successful loan, WBA will probably want him to get some L1 experience
Which is why they may be happy for him to extend his run in a promotion chasing team, which may well be in L1 next season. WE'll have to wait and see.
Good stats, but IMO they don't work here. Firstly Federici played for us at a higher standard of football in L1. Secondly, if I remember correctly, he had an unsettled defence in front of him, the centre of which was a constant revolving door until Dorian Dervite arrived on loan and shores it up. Therefore, it was undestandably a little leaky.

Federici, I think, contributed a lot more to the way we played as a whole. His supremely accurate kicking, especially (and most impressively) out of hand and at speed, as well as his willingness to launch a counter attack with a lightening quick and accurate throw, launched a lot of attacking moves which resulted in us scoring.
In that same period, we've scored one goal more in Daniels' 15 games than we did in Federici's. I don't dispute that Federici's distribution was far superior but as the person employed to prevent oppositions scoring, he wasn't all that, and the defence back then compared to now is very little different in its ability to throw everyone into panic.

Which is why they may be happy for him to extend his run in a promotion chasing team, which may well be in L1 next season. WE'll have to wait and see.
they don't think like that. Plus, we don't need 2 keepers. It'll be Morris now, unless he gets injured again

Goals conceded stats are not the barometer for a goalkeeper's ability. They are meaningless in debating two keepers playing in different teams. At a push we could use them to compare Morris and Daniels, but even then it will be misleading.

I think it's heartening to see so many of Glenn's relations on Shrimperzone rooting for him.
After all, we don't want a keeper who bravely comes out to stop shots or comfortably deals with dangerous long-range efforts.
What we need is a keeper who passes a ball as accurately as Glenn Hoddle did, and claims crosses, rather than allow defenders to head clear.
And there was me thinking, a keeper's job was to save goals. How little one knows...

I think it's heartening to see so many of Glenn's relations on Shrimperzone rooting for him.
After all, we don't want a keeper who bravely comes out to stop shots or comfortably deals with dangerous long-range efforts.
What we need is a keeper who passes a ball as accurately as Glenn Hoddle did, and claims crosses, rather than allow defenders to head clear.
And there was me thinking, a keeper's job was to save goals. How little one knows...

A keepers role is far more than just shot stopping.

No point stopping shots if you cant deal with crosses or distribute the ball properly.

What puzzles me is that The Club knew Daniels was going since last week therefore these were two ideal games for Morris to get back up to scratch. Now this process will start for him in a tough looking encounter with Port Vale. He could already have had two games under his belt.

What puzzles me is that The Club knew Daniels was going since last week therefore these were two ideal games for Morris to get back up to scratch. Now this process will start for him in a tough looking encounter with Port Vale. He could already have had two games under his belt.

Part of the loan agreement may well have been that he had to play in all games he was available for..

Much as I rated Luke Daniels and think he did a great job during his loan there is no doubt in my mkind that in the 24 years I have supported Southend Federici is the best goalkeeper I've had the privilege of seeing in a Blues shirt. Only the great Roycey comes close. The fact Feds is now linked with transfers to huge clubs like Liverpool is no surprise to me.

Much as I rated Luke Daniels and think he did a great job during his loan there is no doubt in my mkind that in the 24 years I have supported Southend Federici is the best goalkeeper I've had the privilege of seeing in a Blues shirt. Only the great Roycey comes close. The fact Feds is now linked with transfers to huge clubs like Liverpool is no surprise to me.
Yeah but stats say he's worse than Daniels, OBL and her stats machine lol

Sturrock said on the OS today that with loan players you are expected to play them which is why Morris hasn't played earlier. PS said that he played very well for us but' there are one or two goals he could probably have done better on'.

While that may be true I think it would have been more gracious to also say there were several matches where he kept us in the game with his saves. In my view he's a better keeper than Morris and the players seemed very comfortable with Daniels in goal.

Players never seemed uncomfortable with Morris in goal , well not from what i have seen anyway .

Back