• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I will start my saying that I am , and have been for a long time a big Prosser fan . In fairness to our supporters I do think that the more he plays the more people he is winning over. I started counting his passes so that I could correct incorrect 'facts' on match reports about his distribution, but I don't think I still need to do that as so many are making favorable comments now on his distribution . Re the own goal, I was actually amazed at how little grief he got on here for that. If he had done that a year ago there would have been far more grief on here.
Had it been a home game it would probably have been a different story and it helped that the goal itself was just odd, like he'd been 'yorked' in cricketing terms rather than the conventional spectacular slice/slide (Burton were closer!) into his own net.

Anyway both Prosser and Bolger had solid games on Saturday and were well in charge at the back. Surprised as anyone else to see Luke get the award but massively pleased for him.

I will start my saying that I am , and have been for a long time a big Prosser fan . In fairness to our supporters I do think that the more he plays the more people he is winning over. I started counting his passes so that I could correct incorrect 'facts' on match reports about his distribution, but I don't think I still need to do that as so many are making favorable comments now on his distribution . Re the own goal, I was actually amazed at how little grief he got on here for that. If he had done that a year ago there would have been far more grief on here.

Thing is his distribution was bad. He did use to hoof it far too often and at the time I thought it might be because Sturrock was telling him to , but that weakness was massively highlighted when we signed Egan and Sokolik and suddenly we saw two centre halves passing the ball.

He has improved though and his distribution now is as good as you'd want from a centre half, which it needs to be because we build from the back more often than not.

Unfortunately people will form opinions on things and then are blinkered from there on and dont see the change.

Thing is his distribution was bad. He did use to hoof it far too often and at the time I thought it might be because Sturrock was telling him to , but that weakness was massively highlighted when we signed Egan and Sokolik and suddenly we saw two centre halves passing the ball.

He has improved though and his distribution now is as good as you'd want from a centre half, which it needs to be because we build from the back more often than not.

Unfortunately people will form opinions on things and then are blinkered from there on and dont see the change.

yes 'WAS' is the appropriate word, but we still have (had) people in match reports bringing up hoofs when he hadn't made any. Hence I started counting (purely for my own sanity at first to see if actually it was my opinion which was clouded) and then I realized that some comments on match reports were simply wrong . What is even more annoying is when people bring it up, but don't mention it if other players do it

Since you mention them , everyone rightly mentions how good Egan and Sokolik were (which I totally agree with) , however in the play offs they were both very poor . When it really really mattered they both had two bad games IMO. Its like Luke but in reverse, because of their good play up to that point people forget their performances in those games which were average at best. I an recall thinking that if Prosser had played like they did he would have been crucified on here

Genuinely enjoyed seeing Prosser work on his game since joining and improved so much. Been here a long time now obviously likes being here. In fact would be odd if he wasn't here.

For this season the persons who keeping mentioning "hoofs" and Luke in the same post are the posters who are being "supportive" and stating, predominantly correctly, that he hadn't done it (or just a little!) in whatever game they are reporting on. It is best not to keep "supporting" him like that or you may as well start praising players for not being carded, or not scoring an OG etc.
For me Luke has come on hugely and deserves his place - no issues need raising - and welldone for making the T of the Week.

I did say at the start of the season he would be the first centre back in the line up after a good last season, he is now starting to show his worth and may it long continue, great centre back for me, possibly a future captain but we have a number of players that could wear the armband:smile:

yes 'WAS' is the appropriate word, but we still have (had) people in match reports bringing up hoofs when he hadn't made any. Hence I started counting (purely for my own sanity at first to see if actually it was my opinion which was clouded) and then I realized that some comments on match reports were simply wrong . What is even more annoying is when people bring it up, but don't mention it if other players do it

Since you mention them , everyone rightly mentions how good Egan and Sokolik were (which I totally agree with) , however in the play offs they were both very poor . When it really really mattered they both had two bad games IMO. Its like Luke but in reverse, because of their good play up to that point people forget their performances in those games which were average at best. I an recall thinking that if Prosser had played like they did he would have been crucified on here

i remember thinking it would have been worth subbing one of those for Prosser. i think that would have improved us no end

Back