• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Score predictions then?

1-2 Blues for me. And I'd go for,
Bentley

White Prosser Bolger Williams

Lenny Deegan Clifford

Coulthirst Corr (if fit) Worrell​

I'd go for:

Bentley

White Thompson Prosser Williams

Atkinson Deegan Clifford

Worrall Corr Coulthirst​

Subs: Smith, Bolger, Ibenfeldt, Payne, Weston, Hurst, Barnard

For a tight away game I think I'd use Atkinson instead of Payne to tighten up the midfield. Could also drop Worrall back into midfield to make a 4-4-2 if necessary. Payne can always be used for the last 20 minutes as an impact sub.

0-1 win for me, both teams finish the game with 10 men as Deegan and Guttridge try to take lumps out of each other!

Real big day on Saturday as 6 of the top 7 playing each other.
I know it's still early , so doesn't mean that much yet , but if we can get a win , we will gain ground on minimum 3 of these rivals ( if the other 2 games have positive results ) or potentially on all 5 ( if the other 2 games are draws ).
Leaders Bury also have a tough away game at Wimbledon.
Tough game for us at Luton , so in typical PB fashion I would go a bit more solid with Atkinson or Lenny coming in.
I'm hoping for a 1-0 win for us , but draw would be a decent result.

Saturday was dire, I think we need to shake it up a bit...I'd go for...

Capleton

Booty
Stimson
Coleman
Newman

Clarke
Livett
Unger
Houghton

Conlon
Fitzpatrick

Mark Beard, Andy Harris & Neil Campbell on the bench if we need to liven thing up second half

Anyone getting the train, and drinking in London first?

I'd go

Bentley

Deegan Leonard (if fit)
Payne

Worrall Corr Coulthirst

I'd go for:

Bentley

Atkinson Deegan Clifford

Worrall Corr Coulthirst​

Subs: Smith, Bolger, Ibenfeldt, Payne, Weston, Hurst, Barnard

For a tight away game I think I'd use Atkinson instead of Payne to tighten up the midfield. Could also drop Worrall back into midfield to make a 4-4-2 if necessary. Payne can always be used for the last 20 minutes as an impact sub.

0-1 win for me, both teams finish the game with 10 men as Deegan and Guttridge try to take lumps out of each other!

All sounds sensible.

I wouldnt mind sticking with Payne, but after a good start he hasnt had an impact the last two games and a tough away game adding Atkinson would make us more solid.

Bentley

White Bolger Prosser Williams

Deegan

Hurst Clifford Atkinson Worrell

Corrr or Shaq

Bentley
White Bolger Prosser Williams
Deegan
Worrell Clifford Atkinson
Corr Coolthirst

Barnard,Payne,Thompson,Hurst,Weston,Ibenfeldt,Smith,

Still undecided whether to drink near faringdon or go str8 to Luton and drink there before the game. First away game really looking forward to it! Even tho I've heard luton's ground is a ********

Still undecided whether to drink near faringdon or go str8 to Luton and drink there before the game. First away game really looking forward to it! Even tho I've heard luton's ground is a ********

My advice is spend as little time as possible in that dump !

Anyone on here ever seen us win at Luton? It will have to be one of the old - timers, as our last win there was in 1964.

Anyone on here ever seen us win at Luton? It will have to be one of the old - timers, as our last win there was in 1964.
No,never-I saw FA Cup match there two weeks earlier-we lost 1-0.
Did see a 2-2 draw in the 90's-unusual goalscorers....Kevin O'Callaghan and Chris Powell!

Looking forward to going to Luton on Saturday (well I think I am) as there are very few grounds that you enter passing through people's gardens, well you did the last time I went. It was in September 1967 we lost 3-1 our goal was scored by Jackie Ferguson. Our line-up that Wednesday evening was as follows Trevor Roberts, Tony Bentley, Graham Birks, Joe Ashworth, Eddie May, Jimmy Stevenson, Jackie Ferguson, Phil Chisnall (Mike Beesley), Andy Smillie, Sammy McMillan & John McKinven. Only a couple of things to add, that is a lot of matches ago and where the HELL has the last 47 years gone. OUCH!!

I remember watching Luton at Roots Hall in the 60s. One of my school mates told me to keep an eye out for one of their young players who he had seen at Kenilworth Road and said was a bit tasty...................Bruce Rioch, and he was.

I remember watching Luton at Roots Hall in the 60s. One of my school mates told me to keep an eye out for one of their young players who he had seen at Kenilworth Road and said was a bit tasty...................Bruce Rioch, and he was.
And when Rioch played for Aston Villa against us in the F A cup in 1971 , you did not know he was on the pitch .

And when Rioch played for Aston Villa against us in the F A cup in 1971 , you did not know he was on the pitch .

And played against us for Derby in the F.A Cup, 1978 ?? Scythed down one our guys running in on goal when we were 3-2 down......

He was still a bit useful for Luton that day and I had not heard of him then, unlike his time with Villa etc.

Back