• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Macca Has actually Resigned

duncan bulgaria

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Woman
I have briefly skipped through a few of the posts on here regarding the boys that have been transfer listed and thought I may add a few points to the debate .

The first im being told is because he has not been paid Macca has officially resigned as a Southend player where the club now have 14 days to either pay him or let him terminate his contract .

Having taken this action the result will have a big bearing on teh team as if its positive in Macca's favour then Barrett and the other listed players will do the same .

By all accounts the guys on the transfer list are the only ones that are not getting paid atm ( so i have been told ) and it all come to ahead agian when Ron gave a conference stating his business plans for the stadium and the players had to sit and listen to how much money Ron was going to make etc and it was too much for one of the players to swallow and questions were asked to Ron as to why they have to listen to this tripe when some of teh younger players can't even afford to travel to work each day , this was met with the usual charm and it has proved the final insult to many of the players .

And lets get one thing straight also , our name is mud between all the fellow professionals in the game and it will take some foolish players to want to come here and play ....i feel this could well be the end of this club and this is coming from someone who doesn;t post much negative stuff on here .

Christ on a bike.

If that is true, then the situation at OUR club is even worse than it appears.

If the club does not pay him and his contract is terminated does that mean no Transfer Fee?? Presumably it does because he is then a free agent!! Guess we would not get that much for him, Mildenhall, Barret et al but at thos time anything is better than nothing surely!

worse case is the pfa will help with the wages so their is no chance of macca going for nothing unless the club decide to let him go early as he still has to see out the last year on his contract, that is one of the reasons we are still under a transfer ban as we still owe the pfa.

Or has he Re Signed ? :dim:

This is know surprise to me to be honest but....
The state of our club may be worse than things actually appear, but also it might even be better than it actually appears. The only one who knows that is Ron.
There is so many stories and rumors etc...I am not rubbishing any of it. But it just pains me that we are continuously debating and talking about what are effectively 'rumors' about the state of Southend United.
You will never ever get the truth though. I would love to see the discussion on here if we knew what we where discussing was truth.

As mentioned in another thread we desperately need some clarification from the club about the current situation, not just the odd statement about how dissapointed they are that so & so has requested a transfer, or the wages were a bit late cos of the bank holiday (??!!) etc.

There are so many rumours & counter rumours, who knows whats true & what isn't. Ron loves to tell us its 'our' club, well if thats the case he owes us a genuine appraisal of the true state of affairs.

Only thing that gives me cause for optimism is that Tilson hasn't resigned yet, because I'm sure he would if things were really as bad as are being suggested..

The state of our club may be worse than things actually appear

Is that actually possible? If things are worse than we are making out then i cant see us starting the season. If we do it will certainly be with a majority of youth teamers.

If McCormack's available on a free, perhaps we should sign him!

Boom boom!

He aint good enough.

In all seriousness, this was only a matter of time and I cannot believe the others havent followed suit (or perhaps they have).

I assume Macca is acting on PFA advice - who is our PFA Rep, is it Barrett?

Anyways, I think the CC draw is a moot point as I doubt we'll be in any state to start the season at this rate :(

Ron Martin, what have you done?

I hope we have a good lawyer! (Assuming this is true of course).

I do worry that Ron, although he appears to act rationally, sometimes throws his toys out of the pram and acts without thinking.

Either he only had a certain amount of money to pay wages this month, so paid the 'non transfer listed' players, which is the 5% the club mentioned, or he is a spiteful git and thought f*** em!

One thing I know for sure is that they definitely paid wages late to a member of staff who isn't transferred listed. I will find out later if he has finally been paid and try to get some gossip!

blimey you do get some tosh on here sometimes.

Can;t see how the truth can be defined as tosh fella , but all i know is that i personally don;t rate Macca all that but would be sorry to see him or any other players leave under this cloud .

I posted on here a few weeks back that we will have no senior players left next season from Francis , Mids , Barrett & Macca and part of me wished what I had heard from them to be just an angry reaction to not being paid , but it seems theyhave took things further and I can;t see how they can ever play for the club again ??

Don't blame Macca - or anyone else for that matter who may decide to follow his lead - this is all Ron's own doing. His continual attempts to pull the wool over our eyes and keep the fans sweet will no longer wash.
We are now in as bad a state as we've ever been and I also am very fearful of not having a team to support come August, it just seems to be getting worse by the week.

The club obviously wants the high earners to go, and in all honesty them terminating their own contracts may be for the best if it means we can move on. I know we'll lose a bit in possible transfer fees but hopefully we'll gain something from Hooper & Bailey's moves. And lets face it being able to build a team is more important than anything else right now and getting them off the wage bill will at least allow us to do that. It also removes the negative influences around the club.

Ron may actually be deliberately provoking this situation having probably done the sums & worked out its better to let them go now of their own accord & write off any possible transfer fees rather than have them hanging around being all negative & possibly holding the club to ransome over the remainder of their contracts.

The club obviously wants the high earners to go, and in all honesty them terminating their own contracts may be for the best if it means we can move on. I know we'll lose a bit in possible transfer fees but hopefully we'll gain something from Hooper & Bailey's moves. And lets face it being able to build a team is more important than anything else right now and getting them off the wage bill will at least allow us to do that. It also removes the negative influences around the club.

Ron may actually be deliberately provoking this situation having probably done the sums & worked out its better to let them go now of their own accord & write off any possible transfer fees rather than have them hanging around being all negative & possibly holding the club to ransome over the remainder of their contracts.

I can slightly understand that if its the case but my concern is the reputation our club has amongest the fellow pro's , i personally know who i would choose out of us and another club coming in for us even if our wage offer is slightly higher .

This leads us into a position where we will be signing players that see us as a last resort and that spells disaster and a team that will need 12 games of teh season to even gel .

I can slightly understand that if its the case but my concern is the reputation our club has amongest the fellow pro's , i personally know who i would choose out of us and another club coming in for us even if our wage offer is slightly higher .

This leads us into a position where we will be signing players that see us as a last resort and that spells disaster and a team that will need 12 games of teh season to even gel .

...again...

I've got the solution, Tilly gets on a plain and signs some of these boys up. Did alright yesterday...

Back