• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

macclesfield all ticket?

shrimperian

Coach
I have arranged to be on business in Manchester on 19th April so that I can sneak to Macc without the missus knowing. I asked a mate from Bolton if he wanted to go to the game and he said he had made enquiries and it is all ticket (he was offering to get some) this is the first I have heard and wondered how many tickets we will get if its true. Its a poxy little ground and I can see us easily taking 500 - 600. Anyone got any ideas or info?

The normal away allocation at Moss Rose is around 1,500 on the open terrace and another 400 or so seats in the Alfred McAlpine Stand; so that's almost 2,000 away capacity in a ground that holds just over 6,300. Considering their current average is only 2,219 (35% of capacity), is there any need for it being all-ticket? I mean the local populace is hardly queueing round the block to get in at the moment ...

WS

Remember its also school holidays so that might encourage a few more to go.

Nothing in the local press up here re the match being all ticket. Macc still only get about 2200 for home matches even against the likes of Yeovil. If I see anything in the local papers I will post it on here.

The club might do subsidised travel for this with it being a Tuesday night and such an important fixture? Need to get as many Shrimpers as possible to Macc to get behind the team.

I'll be there. Costs a fair bit on the train - £35 return from Reading, plus whatever it'll cost me to get from Ealing to Reading and back.

Booked my last days holiday for the macclesfield game. Can't wait. A turnout of 1,000 is realistic.

Back