• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maher/Gower boos!

i sat in the west in V block.. and booed maher all game, also Hunt. Was it me, i certainly hope it was...

Ps: Let's Hope Maher is relinquished asap, and dropped to the reserves and then gradually faded out... no victims then.

i sat in the west in V block.. and booed maher all game, also Hunt. Was it me, i certainly hope it was...

Ps: Let's Hope Maher is relinquished asap, and dropped to the reserves and then gradually faded out... no victims then.

Time for your next ban I feel - mods how about some action on this Southend "supporter"?.:guns:

Oh i see... for having an opinion that disagrees with everyone!! Quick ban me then

absolute nonsence if anyone booed Gower. If Tilly decided to let him go in the transfer window there would be a riot on here. The guy constantly comes up with the goods by scoring goals. Cant say that about any of the permanant strikers we have here.

Maher had a good game last night although it was about time because he has been below par in recent outings. But then what is a player to do if he raises his game but still gets boo'd.....

Nice one J, I think we all fell for that.....;)

Maher had a good game last night although it was about time because he has been below par in recent outings. But then what is a player to do if he raises his game but still gets boo'd.....

Nice one J, I think we all fell for that.....;)

Nothing to fall for.. All 100% true, i was trying to boo loud enough for Harrold to here.. but to no avail.

Nothing to fall for.. All 100% true, i was trying to boo loud enough for Harrold to here.. but to no avail.

Yeah booo Harrold, that will give him one in the eye.......

(Historical Puns are this years must have :p )

Gower had a great game, like the fact that he played in the hole just behind Leon and Deano. Agree sometimes he was hesitant but he is still the most creative player we have.

If there was any booing thats shameful, I heard a couple of groans in the East but there normal ones after a silly misplaced pass. Maher did nothing wrong all game IMHO, loverly free kick for Macca's second, put it where Macca wanted it and quick thinking crossed the ball for Leon's first. Macca got MOTM for his 2 goals but Maher wasnt far behind with his contribution. Gower had some sloppy moments but still scored a goal for the team. While the performance was a little patchy at times esp in first half we played some loverly one touch football, probably complicated things a little too much at times trying to walk the ball in but i thought it was a thoroughly entertaining match and I was clapping and applauding the team at half & full time, it was very windy out there and we made sure we played the ball on the floor

I think you must have misheard boos for applause at Gower's goal and Maher's sublime cross for Macca's seconf. Pinpoint was not the word. As for J booing in V block. Sorry mate I was there and you must have a very weedy voice. All I could hear were people having a good sing song and getting behind the team.
And as for the view that Gower had a shocker all I can say is...................
In the immortal words of Python, "what do you expect to see from a Torquay hotel window, [SIZE=-1]the Hanging Gardfens of Babylon. herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plain?"[/SIZE] If you go to RH you expect to see Div 1 football. Not Ronaldinho, not Ronaldo not Fabregas. Last night's performance was solid. Huddersfield are not a bad side with a lot of experience. How many saves did Collis have to make? Apart from the goals how many saves did the Huddersfield keeper make. Anyone that moans about last night has seriously mislaid his marbles.

J was at the Huddersfield ground booing. He was probably miffed at the long journey home having seen a poor game and poor performance from both sides.

By the way, Tilson has got a bit of stick for his transfer buys. All I can say is Bailey and Macca. Complete steals. Bailey was superb last night. Can't see that anyone's mentioned it. Spend a game just watching him and you'll see what I mean. An absolutely tremendous player.

Maybe we could set up a booing hotline number. If anyone witnesses any boo's they can text or phone the number and someone can come over and smack them all on their bottoms.

didn't hear any booing and thought Maher was superb tonight. Gower did ok and took his goal well and i was convinced he was going to pass to leon rather than have a shot.

Surley the feeling of winning 4-1 should over shadow any feelings you have about people booing.

Gower had a great game, like the fact that he played in the hole just behind Leon and Deano. Agree sometimes he was hesitant but he is still the most creative player we have.

Must have been watching different games as from what I saw he didnt play in the "hole" and played in his normal left wing position.

He was wide left for the whole second half and then switched to the right wing for the last 5 or 10 minutes.

Hy may have difted inside briefly but certainly didnt play centrally.

Indeed, the bloke and his wife behind me (and a few others) in the East Blacks did nothing but slate Gower every time he came near.

He didnt have his best game but had a decent one and looked our most creative outlet.

Still Harrold wasnt on so they had to moan at someone and funnily enough not at one point in the game did they have one positive thing to say, even at 4-1 up.

Some people just want to moan, great supporters....

I heard them in the east black - they wanted Gower off, don't know who they expected to bring on for him coz none of the subs could have created anything from the wings... I felt he was having his usual bad three in five games, but gotta give him credit he always seems to come up with a bit of magic... So that alone warrants him keeping his place.

Thought Barrett had a bit of a mare last night and I thought Morgan showed some real good touches and awareness if only he looked up to see where the goal was when he shot like he does when he passes he'd have had a hatrick.
Great game and great result all round!

And as for Maher.... The greatest captain this club has ever had... TWO trophies in his hands... no other captain has had that acclaim in a Blues shirt! Sure he does annoy you some times with his sideways passing and his ROW Z shots, but when he does put the ball forward it normally ends in a chance!

Indeed, the bloke and his wife behind me (and a few others) in the East Blacks did nothing but slate Gower every time he came near.

He didnt have his best game but had a decent one and looked our most creative outlet.

Still Harrold wasnt on so they had to moan at someone and funnily enough not at one point in the game did they have one positive thing to say, even at 4-1 up.

Some people just want to moan, great supporters....

Why on earth do some people come out on a cold night and have to single out certain players just to moan at. I can't understand for the life of me what enjoyment they get from paying good money and just verbally abusing people, unless they are frustrated comedians who like to be heard above a large crowd and imagine in their own demented way that they are being entertaining with their comments.

well i for didnt hear anyone booing maher or gower thought they both had a decent game espicialy gower thought he was a real threat and took his goal really well

Back