• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maher stands up for Paynter

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
Bet it doesn't make any difference.

The "I've paid my money so i'm allowed to shout as much abuse as I want and don't care how much harm it does" brigade won't listen.

Echo

Well said Kev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope he gets a good reception Saturday...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mrs P @ Sep. 28 2006,15:55)]Well said Kev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope he gets a good reception Saturday...
He should do as away from home the support is generally fantastic, excluding a few individuals. Lets hope he can bag his first league goal to give him the confidence lift he needs.

A comment probably lost on CS Joke: ""We're in this together and that includes the fans. We win together and we lose together because we're all a team ..."

Captain kev speaks sence!!
tounge.gif

captain marvel says what i think the most of the fans agree with.................Billy has my backing 100%,Young not a bad touch and i think his best is yet to come...........UP THE SHRIMPERS
biggrin.gif

Well said Kev

People need to start realising that there have been many a worse time than this but it is our support that has contributed to the team being where they are. It is that same support that will take us down by not getting behind the team when the sh!t is hitting the fan.

Dont sing the f%&king chant "Southend til i Die" if your not prepared to accpet that you cant just have the good times and from time to time we all need support
mad.gif

I will NEVER boo one of our players on or off the pitch as that achieves nothing, however from what i've seen the bloke is very poor i'm afraid

Maybe Kev read the CSJ "Paynter topics" and had enough to tell the Echo why we should lay off Paynter
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 28 2006,17:35)]Just think what might have happened if Maher had listened to the terraces several years ago.
Yeah, we might have a decent midfield then.....

Power to you Kevin,

thats a proper captain, and too bloody right, if hes good enough for our skipper hes good enough for me

Pat on the back to you Kevin Maher

Maher 1 - CSJ 0

Well said Maher, billy paynter is a southend united player, IMO hes not very good at all, and i dont rate him, but theres alot of time for improvment, and if hes at the club, hes 1 of us, so every1 needs to get behind him, he aint going to improve if you start booing him

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up The Blues! @ Sep. 28 2006,19:18)]Well said Maher, billy paynter is a southend united player, IMO hes not very good at all, and i dont rate him, but theres alot of time for improvment, and if hes at the club, hes 1 of us, so every1 needs to get behind him, he aint going to improve if you start booing him
He's still in his preseason to be fair, didn't play much at all last year and the same for his preseason at Hull, he's also still learning the fred's a greedy so and so!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ Sep. 28 2006,19:53)]He's still in his preseason to be fair, didn't play much at all last year and the same for his preseason at Hull, he's also still learning the fred's a greedy so and so!
I dont think "pre-season" is much of an excuse now, we are almost in October and he has played in 9 matches.

It is still early days of course but unless he improves soon he cant surely keep getting picked. Lets hope if he does play he builds on the improvement we saw 1st half vs Cardiff.

would a fully fit bradbury take over paynter in the starting lineup? ceteris paribus,

Back