• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Malcom Christie

Before his injury problems would have been too good for us.

I imagine wages would be an issue, plus he gets more injuries than Freedman and Barnard. Couldn't have 3 of them on the books.

Before his injury problems would have been too good for us.

I imagine wages would be an issue, plus he gets more injuries than Freedman and Barnard. Couldn't have 3 of them on the books.

Given as he is out of contract, and has not managed to nail down a contract with a League One team, I doubt his wages would be any kin of issue. The trouble is, we can't afford at this point in time to sign a striker whose career has been beset by injury. No doubting his quality, and if fit, more than good enough to play for us, or anyone else, at this level, but would it be the most sensible move for us to make right now?

If we had no injury problems, and all our other players were fairly hardy, I'd say worth a punt 100%, but as good a player as he is, he would be no use on the treatment table along with the rest of the crocks.

160 league appearances in the last 11 years, and 116 of those between 1998 and 2003 at Derby. In the last 5and a bit years he's manged just over 40 league appearance and under 10 goals, playing just a few times this season.

Maybe give him a trial, but as an earlier poster says, do we need another injury prone striker who can't score?

Malcolm Christie is Premiership class - so he has obviously still injury prone or wouldn't be released by Leeds. Perhaps it would be worth having him on trial and getting our medics to have a look, as a fit Christie would get the goals we need.
Has toellandback got any inside info??

Malcolm Christie is Premiership class - so he has obviously still injury prone or wouldn't be released by Leeds. Perhaps it would be worth having him on trial and getting our medics to have a look, as a fit Christie would get the goals we need.
Has toellandback got any inside info??

He has spoken about wanting to play at a higher level still. We were only paying him when he was in the first team squad and after being un-employed for over a year i think he needs the money. That may be the reason we let him go.

He is clearly a very talented player but he will not play a full season again sadly, a good back up but an expensive bench warmer i would think

Back