• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maldon and Tiptree

We are their landlords because Robbie pretty much owns everything Maldon and Tiptree, we have supplied their last two managers Kevin Horlock and Wayne Brown and also recruited their assistant manager Paul Abrahams our ex player. I think we pretty much have 1st choice on any of their players if we want them but they are not really our feeder club but there are very close links. We don't need Slew at present as we have too many decent players already so he is better off staying there and playing games. We signed two very good players from them in Jan 2018. Ryan Gondoh was released at the end of last season though and now plays for Concord Rangers managed by Karl Duguid. Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe was loaned for the whole season to play for Derry City. He helped them qualify for Europe next season and ended up the highest goalscorer in their league. He is now on a break before joining up with us again shortly for the rest of the season. Ryan Inniss is a very good player if you can keep him fit and stop him losing his temper! Lots of our youngsters go out on loan there, it is a step up from youth football and certainly more physical!

How I’d love our team to play with the passion and bravery of M&T

Reckon we’d be 2 down against the Jammers by now

I got my words mixed up . I meant Colchester use Maldon and Tiptree to give their trainees first team football.Watched

I watch a bit of semi pro Great wakering ,Hullbridge , concord ,Basildon. There are lads playing who were at pro clubs , who are desperate to get back. I don’t get this fixation with journeyman players .

Lots of talk about the lad Slew. Wonder if we are sniffing or because of Wayne Brown he’ll be heading up the A12?

Was thinking that myself mate, watch Wakering or Hullbridge if blues are away, Bostic ( Ryman ) league teams seem to have far more commitment and passion than some of our players and earn peanuts compared to some of our employees

Was thinking that myself mate, watch Wakering or Hullbridge if blues are away, Bostic ( Ryman ) league teams seem to have far more commitment and passion than some of our players and earn peanuts compared to some of our employees
Also better beer and you can drink it watching the game ?

Enjoyed the game on the box.Thought both teams were better than us. :Sad:

(Will have to check on google to see if It's the same ground I played on in 70/1.Bits of it looked similar.Certainly when the Chairman(?) pre-match described their usual attendance as about 150 that sounded about right.)

My understanding is that the ground is just along the road from Promenade Park, if you know Maldon.

Just off the road as it bends round from the exit to Promenade Park that then runs to the Morrison's Roundabout.

My understanding is that the ground is just along the road from Promenade Park, if you know Maldon.

Just off the road as it bends round from the exit to Promenade Park that then runs to the Morrison's Roundabout.

Can't say I do Andy -only been there a couple of times.Though I remember my father used to stop at the Blue Boar in Maldon every Thursday night on his way back from Beccles in Norfolk back in the 60's.This Wiki entry would suggest your describing their old ground,which I would have played at ,not the new one.

"The club initially played home games at Sadd's Ground on The Causeway.[12] Between 1947 and 1950 they played at the Promenade before acquiring a new ground in Farmbridge Road, where they remained until 1994. The club then moved to their current Wallace Binder Ground in Park Drive.[4] The ground has a seated stand on one side of the pitch and a covered standing area behind one goal.[12]

A record attendance at the Wallace Binder Ground was set in 2003 when 1,163 watched the FA Vase semi-final against AFC Sudbury.[6] This was broken for the FA Cup match against Newport County, which attracted a crowd of 1,876."

I think that part of Maldon is quite rural. Looking on the map, there isn't much around in terms of housing and so on where the ground is situated.

@Ricky Otto went to the match last night, so he will know for sure.

Last edited:
Great little ground on the edge of town very close to the sea wall .It can be very cold on most winter days

Lots of talk about the lad Slew. Wonder if we are sniffing or because of Wayne Brown he’ll be heading up the A12?
Think M&T know Slew will be moving on to bigger things. They are in talks with some decent non league players. He's a mate of mine so I am biased but a lot of of the success this season is down to Adam Flint IMO, his knowledge of non league players is brilliant and he scouted and brought in so many of this successful team. We always took the **** out of him because he was a non league nerd but he has done well managing clubs with next to no budget and has such a great record of picking up decent players.

Back