• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Man Shot

Sky News

SUICIDE BOMBER SHOT

Police have shot a suspected suicide bomber near a tube station in south London.

Marksmen opened fire near Stockwell Tube station as passengers were evacuated. It is thought the man was killed.

Passenger Briony Coetsee said: "We were on the Tube and then we suddenly heard someone say `get out, get out' and then we heard gunshots."

Sky News Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "There is no word on whether he has been killed or simply injured."

If the suspect is confirmed to be a suicide bomber, it would mark the fifth attempted terrorist attack on London in less than a day.

The is thought to have been either stepping on to the train or was on the platform.

Brunt said: "He was probably shot in the head. There is no confirmation of that."

Police have been given orders to shoot to kill if they believe someone is about to detonate a bomb.

Two underground lines are understood to have been closed following the incident.

I am stunned. Where and when is this all going to end?

sad.gif

I'm sure I heard on the news it was a plain clothed officer that opened fire as well.

5 shots, apparantly at close range. Either he's a $%&* shot, or hes got an itchy trigger finger.
biggrin.gif

Of course, and no matter what, the officer involved deserves a hell of a lot of credit for having the balls the open fire.

According to an item on BBC ceefax, he was running from the police towards the train, and was shot while he stumbled.

This is getting silly. If the police ever catch anyone involved in this sort of thing, they should lock them up and throw away the key, or maybe charge them with high treason...

I don't see what shooting them will solve, what kind of evidence are they going to get from dead suspects?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 22 2005,11:10)]I am stunned.  Where and when is this all going to end?

sad.gif
Top marks to the police though if he was about to set off a bomb...

He might have been killed - but no-one else was even injured, so that will be something of a coup for the police.

Liberal hand-wringing lefties will say they were wrong to shoot him - but if you have good reason to suspect someone is about to blow themselves and a whole load of innocent people to smithereens then you have to prevent them triggering their device.

This time he didnt have a rucksack - but a 'very thick coat' which suggests any device may have been strapped to his body.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ July 22 2005,10:43)]I don't see what shooting them will solve, what kind of evidence are they going to get from dead suspects?
His ID, and his bomb that failed to go off would be evidence, if this person is/was a potential suicide bomber

Especially, if shot by undercover officers, it is also potentially a huge deterrant to suicide bombers.

Well, if they thought he was going to detonate a bomb then I think they were perfectly justified in shooting him. It may provide no evidence, but at least it eliminates the risk of him achieving his (alleged) goal

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ July 22 2005,11:43)]I don't see what shooting them will solve, what kind of evidence are they going to get from dead suspects?
Typical

mad.gif

What a ludicrous comment. Use your brains man. IF he is a suicide bomber (and he will have his bomb still on him if that is the case) then cornering him is no good - he has every intention of dying and is just trying to take as many others as possible with him. He will not come quietly and he will be impossible to capture alive as he will just detonate his device.

I really do wonder about the mentality of some people - try and put yourself in the mind of the bomber, and then the shoes of the police, and then understand what a totally ridiculous comment you just made.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I think Kenny means what is the point of shooting to kill, when shooting to disarm perhaps could be another option

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ July 22 2005,11:43)]I don't see what shooting them will solve, what kind of evidence are they going to get from dead suspects?
(Assuming this is a suspect from yesterdays incidents)

Because he is a suicide bomber?  

He has attempted it once and now he is on the run from authorities.  Not sure logical is really the right word here, but if it is then he has attempted once and failed, then logically he has nothing to lose by trying to do it again?

Shoot him and he is down, out and won't ever be taking anyone else with him.

As for evidence if they know who he even is then thats a hell of a lot of evidence they can then find out.  If he is alive do you really expect him to tell the police the next plans of the group or anything useful to them at all?  I very much doubt it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ July 22 2005,11:53)]I think Kenny means what is the point of shooting to kill, when shooting to disarm perhaps could be another option
Think about it!!!

When a man right next to you has a bomb you dont think about where you're shooting him, becuase then you will die!! If you give him 2 or 3 seconds too many he will kill himself and you too - you dont have the luxury of time you just have to stop him.

In order to disarm a suicide bomber you have to do literally that - 'dis-arm' him - because while he still has one slightly functioning arm he can detonate ihis bomb, and that is all he is interested in doing.

suspect.gif

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 22 2005,10:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ July 22 2005,11:53)]I think Kenny means what is the point of shooting to kill, when shooting to disarm perhaps could be another option
Think about it!!!

When a man right next to you has a bomb you dont think about where you're shooting him, becuase then you will die!! If you give him 2 or 3 seconds too many he will kill himself and you too - you dont have the luxury of time you just have to stop him.

suspect.gif

mad.gif
Woah, I agree. If I'm put in that situation, and the more things that happen in London, the chances increase every day, then I would do the same as the officers involved.

Back