• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Man ure Coach

Groyne Strain

Manager
You could tell it wasn't gonna be their night.  They couldn't get their coach by the main entrance so had to settle for the stairs by the Shrimpers Bar.

My guess is that the steward said "Sorry mate, you can't come in this car park without a ticket."  
laugh.gif

We were wondering that if the team tried to go in through the Shrimpers Bar would TITSUP say they couldn't come in unless signed in by a member, with Beaver lurking in the background saying "£75 gets you life membership and free entry to the bar, Alex."?

Like I say, you could tell from that moment it wasn't going to be Man ure's night .....

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Nov. 08 2006,00:34)]Like I say, you could tell from that moment it wasn't going to be Man ure's night .....

laugh.gif
And, after your earlier tome on this board... it was definitely your night, GS.  Definitely your night, mate.

biggrin.gif

It was my lad Chipper's night tonight, Matt, and I lived every moment of tonight through his eyes.

Got him the long-sleeved shirt he wanted, had his interview with Sky Sports, the moment when he said to me "Dad, that's Man Utd on the pitch you know.  Man Utd." just after the teams came out, his goal celebration, him running down to the West Stand wall by the dirt track to see the lads close-up on their lap of honour, and running down Victoria Avenue waving his scarf to the hooting cars.

He's had the night of his life that left this soppy 30something with a lump in his throat and tear in his eye.  For this is one of the great nights in our history and he was part of it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Nov. 08 2006,01:12)]It was my lad Chipper's night tonight, Matt, and I lived every moment of tonight through his eyes.

Got him the long-sleeved shirt he wanted, had his interview with Sky Sports, the moment when he said to me "Dad, that's Man Utd on the pitch you know.  Man Utd." just after the teams came out, his goal celebration, him running down to the West Stand wall by the dirt track to see the lads close-up on their lap of honour, and running down Victoria Avenue waving his scarf to the hooting cars.

He's had the night of his life that left this soppy 30something with a lump in his throat and tear in his eye.  For this is one of the great nights in our history and he was part of it.
Fantastic, GS. You have given him a present that he will carry with him and enjoy for the rest of his life. Happy happy days!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Nov. 08 2006,01:12)]It was my lad Chipper's night tonight, Matt, and I lived every moment of tonight through his eyes.
Your night AND Chipper's night, GS. Your night and his.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. I'm still buzzing, although I probably ought to go to bed at some point!

biggrin.gif

Staying up all night. Well, I worrk nights so I have to. But hey, I appear to be "staying up all night" for other reasons tonight!

Funny thing is, at a time of seeing youth expressing such unconfined joy, I looked skywards at one point and wondered what Bob Evans and many others were making of it all. I hope they're in that great bar in the sky, now giving it some to an unsuspecting Red whose thinking "Hey, this is supposed to be heaven!". I'm sure they were there with us tonight.

[b said:

I hope your lad carries that with him for the rest of his life!

For that is the one thing I pray my lad grows to live for! Southend, and oh yes he will!

Congratulations!

[b said:

Damn! You just made me blub at work...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Nov. 08 2006,00:34)]You could tell it wasn't gonna be their night.  They couldn't get their coach by the main entrance so had to settle for the stairs by the Shrimpers Bar.
There is a down side to this.

Mrs. Beaver & some of the people she sits with left the Shrimpers Bar early to go round to the west to soak in the pre match atmosphere.
They were halfway up those stairs when they were asked to go back down because the Man Utd Squad were coming down.

Firtsly trying to go back down those stairs with people trying to still get up is a nightmare & was dangerous. If they wanted to bring the players down that way, they should of got a Steward at the bottom of the stairs to stop people going up and then sent them down.

There is another issue with this - my missus does not like being told to get out of the f%&king way by a steward.
Who the hell do they think they are !!!!!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Nov. 08 2006,09:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Nov. 08 2006,00:34)]You could tell it wasn't gonna be their night.  They couldn't get their coach by the main entrance so had to settle for the stairs by the Shrimpers Bar.
There is a down side to this.

Mrs. Beaver & some of the people she sits with left the Shrimpers Bar early to go round to the west to soak in the pre match atmosphere.
They were halfway up those stairs when they were asked to go back down because the Man Utd Squad were coming down.

Firtsly trying to go back down those stairs with people trying to still get up is a nightmare & was dangerous. If they wanted to bring the players down that way, they should of got a Steward at the bottom of the stairs to stop people going up and then sent them down.

There is another issue with this - my missus does not like being told to get out of the f%&king way by a steward.
Who the hell do they think they are !!!!!!!!!!!
I know who he is and so will SUFC by dinnertime
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Nov. 08 2006,02:06)]Funny thing is, at a time of seeing youth expressing such unconfined joy, I looked skywards at one point and wondered what Bob Evans and many others were making of it all.  I hope they're in that great bar in the sky, now giving it some to an unsuspecting Red whose thinking "Hey, this is supposed to be heaven!".  I'm sure they were there with us tonight.
The same sentiments were expressed by SZ's own Ron Manager regarding the late Paul Holland. We're sure a few large vodkas would have been downed in the celestial bar last night.
smile.gif

[b said:

My guess is that the steward said "Sorry mate, you can't come in this car park without a ticket."  
laugh.gif

We were wondering that if the team tried to go in through the Shrimpers Bar would TITSUP say they couldn't come in unless signed in by a member, with Beaver lurking in the background saying "£75 gets you life membership and free entry to the bar, Alex."?

Like I say, you could tell from that moment it wasn't going to be Man ure's night .....

laugh.gif
Superb story of how you got the tickets for you and your son!

Superb post about his experience of the game, i have visions in the future of my son asking me "Dad, did we really beat Man U at home?"

What a night and what a game.

I'm still buzzing now.

Been listening to BBC Essex today and very good coverage of the game, and Nick Alliker at Roots Hall interviewing fans queuing for Col Ewe tickets.

The whole night just brings a tear to my eye.

It was like watching a different team last night, just hope we can transfer this form to the league.

All SUFC players were heros last night.

SUFC AND PROUD!

biggrin.gif

Back