• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Manager Sacking and Appointment Thread

Bomber sacked by Cardiff after 6 straight defeats.
What next for Neil?

Always thought that was a strange move for him. Probably a league one club I reckon, someone like Charlton maybe if they don’t get promoted.

Mick McCarthy about to be appointed Cardiff manager. How does that bloke still get decent jobs.

Always thought that was a strange move for him. Probably a league one club I reckon, someone like Charlton maybe if they don’t get promoted.
I think Gills may be after a change if Evans doesn't get them nearer the play offs.

Mick McCarthy about to be appointed Cardiff manager. How does that bloke still get decent jobs.
A couple of years back I was having a bit of a debate with some Ipswich fans who said the same thing and wanted him gone. What I said was along the lines of "be careful what you wish for - he might not have you playing pretty football but at least he's keeping you competitive". Lo and behold they get rid of him and go straight down. His teams are not especially fun to watch but he generally overperforms his budget.

Abramovich’s merry go round of hire and fire continues. Surely he would’ve looked at the time Man United have given Ole and been a bit more patient. New, big money signings take time to settle. Abramovich must be one of the most knee jerk owners there is.

Abramovich’s merry go round of hire and fire continues. Surely he would’ve looked at the time Man United have given Ole and been a bit more patient. New, big money signings take time to settle. Abramovich must be one of the most knee jerk owners there is.

I guess the people who Abramovich has to answer to are not the sort to be patient.....After all its their money that has funded Chelsea.

Lasted longer than I thought.
Same, I suspect the only reason he got the job in the first place is because Chelsea were under a transfer embargo, so Abramovich didn't see the point in splashing out on a big name manager when they wouldn't be able to buy the players needed to challenge for the title, he went for a cheap option that the fans would get behind. Lampard overachieved with 4th otherwise he probably would have agreed to step aside at the end of last season to make way for a manager with title winning experience.

Back