• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Manager Sacking and Appointment Thread

Eddie Howe leaves Bournemouth by mutual consent, quite surprised by that one.

Eddie Howe leaves Bournemouth by mutual consent, quite surprised by that one.

I thought this might happen from listening to his interview straight after their relegation was confirmed - really like him and I am sure will quickly get another job.

I thought this might happen from listening to his interview straight after their relegation was confirmed - really like him and I am sure will quickly get another job.

Think Bournemouth will struggle for a while without him.

Failed In his spell at Burnley I recall. Couldn’t give a hoot about Bournemouth, hope they sink lower.

Think Bournemouth will struggle for a while without him.
I have always found it difficult to see Bournemouth and Reading as anything other than just lower division yo-yo clubs like SUFC who got sugar daddies to buy success for them. This is much in the same way as I always think of Wigan as a non-league club that "got lucky".

Although Wigan are now something of a cautionary tale as regards what happens to these "lucky" clubs when the sugar daddy departs and takes his money with him.

If the deluded top-brass expected Sarri / Juve to win the CL in additional to Serie A then more fool them, was never going to happen. Wonder how much time they’ll give Pirlo.

If the deluded top-brass expected Sarri / Juve to win the CL in additional to Serie A is a then more fool them, was never going to happen. Wonder how much time they’ll give Pirlo.

Most people don't know this but Pirlo's dad is a steward in the East stand.....Goes by the name of Wivs.

After weeks and weeks of faffing around, Bristol City appoint ... Lee Johnson’s assistant. Maybe it’ll be similar with us and Fagan!

Graham Alexander let go from Salford and Paul Scholes steps up as caretaker. They're unbeaten and sit 5th so an interesting decision.

Presumably we will see Paul Scholes in charge when we play Salford shortly. Strange decision to dispense with Alexander as Salford undefeated and lying 5th, The reports said his style of play did not suit the club? There was some disappointment with the recent draw with Tranmere, who had a limited team out due to Covid

Paul Scholes as a Manager has only a brief and poor spell of 125 games with Oldham before giving up , apparently he does not want to stay as Manager. Maybe expectations will harm Salford the higher they go thanks to the backing of the 6 famous Man Utd boys, including Beckham. They are not going to be short of cash but sacking a Manager when in 5th spot says quite a lot around expectations??

Back