• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Manager Sacking and Appointment Thread

I’ve said before. Farke is a good coach. A really good result today and you get sacked. Obviously got Norwich favourite Steve Bruce lined up. Total madness. Total bollocks
Completely agree. Norwich are a club that have decided to live within their means, and that means not breaking the bank on expensive signings, even when they're in the Prem. As a consequence they yo-yo between the Championship and the Prem, and that's about their lot in life. Farke has done a great job with what's been made available to him within that structure and the fans love him.

That would certainly be an interesting pairing. Totally transparent in all they both do, obviously.
My tongue is now removed from cheek.

However Birmingham Live's main headline is.....

Stan Collymore tells Aston Villa to look at two managers to replace Dean Smith​

Howe confirmed at Newcastle. Great club. Top coach. Terrible match. End in tears.
Newcastle ARE NOT the club of greatness anymore. The idea of entertainers and standard bearers for the cloth cap, salt of the earth Geordies, is consigned to history.
IMO they USED to be favoured by neutrals against the big six BUT with all the Ashley nonsense and now the Saudi blood money, they are erring towards being derided by any other than zebra jersey wearing louts.

Gerrard at Villa is another match made in Hell. Gerrard at Newcastle and Howe at Villa would have been a much better fit IMO.

Bet the Gers fans are thrilled.

What brings you to that (weird) conclusion regarding Gerrard?

Because Gerrard has a brutal approach to football that has served him well at the two clubs he has been associated with. At those clubs he has been regarded as a Messiah as a player and manager by fans.

Such a man will thrive with a fan base who believe he can do no wrong and that any failures are down to someone or something else.

Villa fans love their club and yearn for success but as much as that, the ones I’ve met see football as the icing on the cake of life, not the be all and end all. Now contrast that with the fans of Liverpool, Rangers and indeed Newcastle and perhaps you’ll see where I’m coming from.

Eddie Howe comes across as a highly talented and thoughtful coach / manager who won’t exactly go down well at Newcastle when he quietly rationalises defeat as something to be learned from and not something unacceptable and disgraceful.

Time will of course tell. It’s only my humble opinion.

Dean Smith about to sign contract at Norwich. Unlike my previous recent views regarding Howe and Gerrard I think this is an excellent match.

Wouldn’t be ironic if, on the last day of the season, Norwich survived at the expense of Villa.

Back