• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Manager Sacking and Appointment Thread

Liverpool next stop then.
Yeah but not to replace klopp. I doubt Gerrard would get another job in the Premier league now. He may have to step down to the championship to get back to the Premier league or he might take the easy option and go back to punditry on bt sport.

The last couple of England Internationals I've seen here (against Andorra) SG seemed to me to be the only player busting a gut for England.Granted his performance as a manager in the Prem. have been rather underwhelming.
He joins a very long list of England internationals that were good for their club and won more international caps than his international performances merited. England managers seem incapable of doing anything else. Count how many English players there are in a Premiership game. That’s a reality check but then we will all get excited for Qatar.

Seemingly clubs will never learn and Gerrard will now join the elite underwhelming manager merry go round. Or if he has any sense he will cut his cloth lower down the leagues. On a personal level I actually think he might have the nous to do this.

He joins a very long list of England internationals that were good for their club and won more international caps than his international performances merited. England managers seem incapable of doing anything else. Count how many English players there are in a Premiership game. That’s a reality check but then we will all get excited for Qatar.

Seemingly clubs will never learn and Gerrard will now join the elite underwhelming manager merry go round. Or if he has any sense he will cut his cloth lower down the leagues. On a personal level I actually think he might have the nous to do this.
Make you right on this.Even Klopp said he thought SG had what it takes to manage Liverpool one day.Just not yet presumably. :Winking:

Last edited:
On SSN discussing Stevie G, the presenter said he’d end up somewhere decent next, “not exactly Southend or Macclesfield like Sol Campbell”. Cheeky ****er.

On SSN discussing Stevie G, the presenter said he’d end up somewhere decent next, “not exactly Southend or Macclesfield like Sol Campbell”. Cheeky ****er.
He probably will but I'm not sure he deserves to given how crap he did with Villa.

See Emery's taken over at Villa.Interesting choice especially as he turned down the newcastle job last year apparently.Also Espanyol are due to play Villarreal in their next home game in November.

Back