• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mansfield V SUFC

Kent Shrimper

Mike Reid
Mansfield 1 - 0 SUFC

Murrey

sad.gif

Swansea and Yeovil both got late winners
mad.gif
On the plus side, Northampton, Orient and Boston lost although Darlington won and are now only 2 points behind us so we can't afford to lose on Saturday.

Judging by the radio commentary, we played poorly in the first half and were forced to defend after Mansfield dominated. Improved in the second half, though, and it sounded like the second period was a close, end-to-end one. Good to see Gower back in the team and back on the scoresheet, we need him. From the radio commentary it sounded like Flahavan also put in a brilliant performance
biggrin.gif

Flavs and Gower top draw.

Also good performances from Nicolau, Pettefer and Barrett.

Freddy ok, but should have scored.

Hunt disappointing, Maher very disapponting.

Wilson and Prior and Dudders, little to say.

Subs dull

seems like were starting to get in a run of draws. we need to gamble a bit more and go for the three points. draws are ok when your down the bottom,but we need to push on

If we gambled a bit more today, I'm pretty sure we'd have lost. Bramble came closest to finishing the game but couldn't quite get on the end of a beautiful low Nicolau cross.

For some reason, Nicky started getting loads of stick from the Mansfield 'hardcores'. Think he must have done something while celebrating the goal.

Draw away and win at home. Anything more, in my book is a bonus. I think Mansfield are better than a lot of people give them credit for.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 22 2005,19:15)]For some reason, Nicky started getting loads of stick from the Mansfield 'hardcores'.  Think he must have done something while celebrating the goal.
According to a Mansfield fans site, they were 'questioning his sexuality'.
rock.gif

Well I seen him with his girlfriend a few times and she looks feminine, hardly 'butch like' so in this case I think their wrong!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Jan. 22 2005,19:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 22 2005,19:15)]For some reason, Nicky started getting loads of stick from the Mansfield 'hardcores'.  Think he must have done something while celebrating the goal.
rock.gif
"Rent Boy, Rent Boy, Rent Boy................................."
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Katecat @ Jan. 22 2005,20:02)]
[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif
tounge.gif
Our own fans aren't meant to do it! We're supposed to back our guys up! And 2 home wins this forthcoming week will cheer us all too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 22 2005,20:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Katecat @ Jan. 22 2005,20:02)]
[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif
tounge.gif
Our own fans aren't meant to do it! We're supposed to back our guys up! And 2 home wins this forthcoming week will cheer us all too.
I was quoting the nasty Northerners, hence the " "
tounge.gif

Little Nicky had an excellent game today, I thought. Daryl was also brilliant and Pettefer gets better everytime I see him.

Thats what I don't get? We're not playing badly, but we're not playing well either which is worrying, I can't remember the last time we played really well and won a game convingly, its strange that we can't capture our mid season form the tempo has gone from out game, maybe thats something to do with the conditioning of winter pitches? But our game was so much more threatening earlier in the season and lately messers Griemink and now Flavs have gained points for us. Can't hold up forever!

Back