• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mansfield V SUFC

Pettefer is much better in a more central role. He's a pap winger and i'll be glad to see Nicky and Gower playing at home next Saturday with Petts as back-up on the bench.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 22 2005,20:25)]Thats what I don't get? We're not playing badly, but we're not playing well either which is worrying, I can't remember the last time we played really well and won a game convingly, its strange that we can't capture our mid season form the tempo has gone from out game, maybe thats something to do with the conditioning of winter pitches? But our game was so much more threatening earlier in the season and lately messers Griemink and now Flavs have gained points for us. Can't hold up forever!
We didn't always all look "up for it" today, (Daryl, Nicky and Pettefer aside) we were second to a lot of balls and there was quite often nobody in the box when the crosses did come in.

Everyone seems to think it's a good draw but they're 15th, we're 4th and we had chances to win the game so I can't help feeling a bit disappointed with a point.

The officials played a part too though (don't they always against Mansfield?
smile.gif
) with some odd decisions. Having said that, we were very lucky to get away without conceding a penalty in the 1st half, I was sure that Hunt (I think) had handled in the area.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Katecat @ Jan. 22 2005,20:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 22 2005,20:25)]Thats what I don't get? We're not playing badly, but we're not playing well either which is worrying, I can't remember the last time we played really well and won a game convingly, its strange that we can't capture our mid season form the tempo has gone from out game, maybe thats something to do with the conditioning of winter pitches? But our game was so much more threatening earlier in the season and lately messers Griemink and now Flavs have gained points for us. Can't hold up forever!
We didn't always all look "up for it" today, (Daryl, Nicky and Pettefer aside) we were second to a lot of balls and there was quite often nobody in the box when the crosses did come in.  

Everyone seems to think it's a good draw but they're 15th, we're 4th and we had chances to win the game so I can't help feeling a bit disappointed with a point.

The officials played a part too though (don't they always against Mansfield?    
smile.gif
) with some odd decisions. Having said that, we were very lucky to get away without conceding a penalty in the 1st half, I was sure that Hunt (I think) had handled in the area.
Ball to hand!

It was hand ball!

Be honest, if it was the other way round would you have said that?

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Jan. 22 2005,20:33)]Pettefer is much better in a more central role. He's a pap winger and i'll be glad to see Nicky and Gower playing at home next Saturday with Petts as back-up on the bench.
Doubt he'd drop Petts he's a good lil rugged player and also shares a flat with Brushy I'm lead to believe by Gowers colum in the Echo?!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Katecat @ Jan. 22 2005,20:47)]It was hand ball!

tounge.gif
No way! I'd be here moaning that it was a penalty!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 22 2005,20:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Katecat @ Jan. 22 2005,20:47)]It was hand ball!

tounge.gif
No way! I'd be here moaning that it was a penalty!
Exactly
smile.gif

That'll teach them to get away with murder at The Hall, what goes around, comes around
tounge.gif

I would think Tilly will be happy with a point, I have to agree Mansfield are a better side than their league position reflects.  Field Mill is a difficult place to go and get a result.  Mansfield liked to get the ball wide and get plenty of crosses in which we did cope with well today.

Flavs had a very good game and I would not say anyone had a particularly bad game, just a shame Tes did not get on the end of Nicky's cross - reminded me of Gazza not getting on the end of that cross in the semi of Euro 96 v Germany at Wembley.

Huge game against Darlo next week.

Just seen the goal and it was great vision by Freddy to pick out Gower who slotted home well.

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Jan. 22 2005,21:58)]Just seen the goal and it was great vision by Freddy to pick out Gower who slotted home well.
That's interesting as Gower in his post match interview on BBC Essex said that Freddy intended the pass for someone else & he ran on to it a bit by accident.
smile.gif
Good accident by the sound of it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Jan. 23 2005,16:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Jan. 22 2005,21:58)]Just seen the goal and it was great vision by Freddy to pick out Gower who slotted home well.
That's interesting as Gower in his post match interview on BBC Essex said that Freddy intended the pass for someone else & he ran on to it a bit by accident.
smile.gif
Good accident by the sound of it.
Well it looked intentional!

smile.gif

Good point but we are in a position where we have to pick up three points, im delighted at where we are but if we want promotion, then we have to pick up 3 points.

Tough game on Saturday, a must win !

With the goal, you'll be able to see that Dudfield almost takes it off Gower's toes. I reckon he may well have psotted Gower because I think he looked to pass it to him earlier in the run. Sadly, that was the only moment of genuine quality play from the strikers. Freddy missed a bit of a sitter and Dudfield never really got a chance.

I think, sadly, we're missing the firepower at the minute. Having Gower back in will help a lot because he's the central creative figure in the team and hopefully Maher won't feel like he has to try and thread passes through (something which realy didn't come off).

Still, no point in worrying too much. We could just as easily be sat here with 3 points (or 0!) and say what a great away performance it was.

Anyone know how Bramble managed to miscue that through ball to Gray so badly?!?!

Sky+: You don't need to pause the show while you go to the toilet, but it's nice knowing you can.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 23 2005,18:42)]Sky+: You don't need to pause the show while you go to the toilet, but it's nice knowing you can.

biggrin.gif
Just seen it and yes, you've got a point. He played it blind and was quite fortunate!

biggrin.gif

Back