• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Marcus Dackers

Absolutely s***e in his 18 minute cameo at Orient today. You dodged a bullet not being able to renew his loan on that evidence. Bobbins.
Hopefully that improves our chances of getting him back when the embargo ends then. I think he scored 3 in 5 games during his loan, and impressed most.

Hopefully that improves our chances of getting him back when the embargo ends then. I think he scored 3 in 5 games during his loan, and impressed most.
I personally don’t think we need him , with the boys coming back from injury I’m confident we will be ok and our style does t suit Dackers and more Murphy

Cause every intelligent football supporter knows you can give an accurate verdict on a player within 20 mins.

You’ll be surprised at the amount of scouts, and “professional football people” can give very accurate predictions for players in such a small window like that.

Everyone of them gets it wrong from time to time, but more often than not, you can tell a hell of a lot about a player on first viewing.

Some people on here wrote off Jake Hyde following his warm up, let alone his debut 9 minutes or whatever it was. Thankfully, they were all proved wrong.

You’ll be surprised at the amount of scouts, and “professional football people” can give very accurate predictions for players in such a small window like that.

Everyone of them gets it wrong from time to time, but more often than not, you can tell a hell of a lot about a player on first viewing.

Some people on here wrote off Jake Hyde following his warm up, let alone his debut 9 minutes or whatever it was. Thankfully, they were all proved wrong.
I was told my an agent friend that scouts (who are scouting players rather than teams) often leave before the match starts. They just watch the warm up.

Jack Butland looked awful against us when on loan at Cheltenham. He didn’t do too badly.

I was told my an agent friend that scouts (who are scouting players rather than teams) often leave before the match starts. They just watch the warm up.

Think that is because they know the bar will now be empty so they can get a beer. :Smile:

Or it is the Scouts "Bob A Job" week?

You do know Hyde went off injured don't you?
For me he would be behind Wreh , Powell and Murphy even without Hyde

Grateful for the goals he scored but I didn’t see enough in his overall play to warrant him being in the side in front of our own boys .

Others have said and I agree that our style of play suits a more dynamic type of forward

Yeah, I’m no professional but you can often get a pretty good idea within 20 minutes, although the bigger the sample size the more comfortable you can be with your assessment. I remember Charlie Mulgrew’s debut and it being obvious he was a class above just from his touch and awareness. I also fell in love with Freddy Eastwood from his first touch - not the goal, but the kick-off. Obviously the outliers are easier to spot (they both ended up internationals playing a couple of divisions higher) and the skill of the professionals is more in assessing which of those who are much of a muchness are the better fit etc.

Is there any news on Hyde’s injury yet?

Absolutely s***e in his 18 minute cameo at Orient today. You dodged a bullet not being able to renew his loan on that evidence. Bobbins.
If I remember correctly you stated after the Daggers game that Chris Wreh had no strength.

Wouldn’t look too much into his comments!! He is an orient fan after all!

Ladapo ... every single Shrimper though he was awful
Not every Shrimper. I was impressed by the way he held the ball up against, I think, Portsmouth. He looked like an ideal mobile targetman. But I think that’s one of the most divisive (misunderstood?) positions in football. See also Acquah, Harrold etc. Some fans can only see goals and if you’re not scoring you must be ****.

Back