• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Milligan opinion

The writing was on the wall, the moment we signed him.

He’s some old duffer who’s played at a pretty low standard of football, for most of his career, who just so happened to be on his last legs when he joined us.

You can argue he’s had international experience - that’s fair - but Australia are crap, and have been crap for the past 15 years.

I think it's the opposite and the problem is more his team-mates aren't good enough to receive the ball and play it back/along the back line in order to go forward again. Those passes would work in the Championship. They'd probably work in most other League One sides.

I think you could be onto something here.

In a winning team, players like him would largely go unnoticed IMO, whereas in a disastrous team, his flaws are more easily recognised & scrutinised

He brings very little to the team and frankly he is a passenger.Its a matter of time before he is moved on

Thought he would be a great signing for us but how wrong i have been. Just doesn't do anything for me other than look to go backwards. people criticised Macca on Saturday for the third goal but for me Milligan was more at fault, no need to turn away and pass back to Dieng when there were other options

But look at the calibre of some others who have done that - Anton for me, is a prime example of someone who did exactly that but played according to his limitations and used his nous to cover what his body couldn't. Michael Turner similarly, and I'd also say Marc-Antoine Fortune did too.

Millican just doesn't do that, and so much of his passing is backwards. I have no idea how he's played in his prime, but I can't believe he's always played so much to invite pressure on the defenders.

His signing is one of our biggest disappointments.

This is clearly the issue - we're signing female comedians.

No wonder we've been crap.

Milligan is played out of position. If we had played Sir Adam Barrett in midfield how do you think that would have worked out? How on earth Campbell puts clumsy slow dopey midfielder Dieng at the back and asks the best centre back at our club to chase shadows in midfield beggars belief. Milligan alongside Kiernan at centre back are 2 proper , experienced , no nonsense defenders playing in their natural positions. Then we can put Hutch back into our team to add some creative qualities to Mantom's skills in the engine room.

It aint rocket science - if you ask me Campbell , Herman + Andy Cole havent got a clue .

Milligan is played out of position. If we had played Sir Adam Barrett in midfield how do you think that would have worked out? How on earth Campbell puts clumsy slow dopey midfielder Dieng at the back and asks the best centre back at our club to chase shadows in midfield beggars belief. Milligan alongside Kiernan at centre back are 2 proper , experienced , no nonsense defenders playing in their natural positions. Then we can put Hutch back into our team to add some creative qualities to Mantom's skills in the engine room.

It aint rocket science - if you ask me Campbell , Herman + Andy Cole havent got a clue .
3 managers have not played Milligan at centre back... my guessing is he is probably even worse in that position

Why not try Milligan at centre-half. It's hardly working with the previous combinations.

At least we'll know if it works or not.

Why not try Milligan at centre-half. It's hardly working with the previous combinations.

At least we'll know if it works or not.

I'm pretty sure he was centre-half against Doncaster, and we know how that went. Sending off's aside look at the marking for the first goal.

You're right, I think, on the Doncaster game.

That said, he had Shaughnessy alongside him who, despite the oppo having 31 shots at goal, I can't remember him touching the ball in that game.

It gets worse; As I recall he was recruited with a view to assisting with coaching when hanging up his boots...Please No!
He needs to go now, off the wage bil...Whilst he is FAR FROM THE ONLY one, I doubt if we lined up without him as a ten Man team it would make any difference...Truly gash and not even his own professional pride seems to bother him...One of hundreds Ive seen who were never up to it, exacerbated by him being an apparent International player

3 managers have not played Milligan at centre back... my guessing is he is probably even worse in that position

I’d say one of the reasons being he’s a bit of a short arse, who isn’t very physical at the best of times.

Imagine him trying to mark someone like Akinfenwa.

Milligan is superb, he would be ideal as the centre pin for Perth Glory or Brisbane Roar. Sad as it might be we, as a club, would have to let him go home down under. He could leave on a free in January.

Milligan is superb, he would be ideal as the centre pin for Perth Glory or Brisbane Roar. Sad as it might be we, as a club, would have to let him go home down under. He could leave on a free in January.
Are they Australian Ten-Pin Bowling teams?

Back