• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Molesley

It’s far too easy to blame a manager, but a bit of realism is seriously needed here.
His tactics are awful!

Rolling the ball back to defence all the time, fannying about at the back in our own defensive third to give the opposition plenty of time to both get back in position and pressure us.

It's the same bollocks tactics that muppet Bond was farting about with and the results are no better a division down.

So far he looks out of his depth and out of ideas. The problem is, we can't afford to sack the useless *******!

His tactics are awful!

Rolling the ball back to defence all the time, fannying about at the back in our own defensive third to give the opposition plenty of time to both get back in position and pressure us.

It's the same bollocks tactics that muppet Bond was farting about with and the results are no better a division down.

So far he looks out of his depth and out of ideas. The problem is, we can't afford to sack the useless *******!

We should play the long ball up to all those big physical players we have.

His tactics are awful!

What would you do then? Who would you sign and how you get round the embargo? How would you turn the youngsters into seasoned pros overnight?

Would you stop fannying around at the back and pump long balls to the towering, 6ft 3 centre forwards we have who win everything in the air?

Reactions: Jai
We should play the long ball up to all those big physical players we have.

Exactly what I was going to say. What’s the point in lumping it forward when nothing sticks and it’s just comes straight back.

Exactly what I was going to say. What’s the point in lumping it forward when nothing sticks and it’s just comes straight back.

Maybe do what Salford did , get it into the front mans feet with purpose and attack with pace and numbers , get balls out wide and then into the mixer
Is that too much of an ask for 11 professionals ?

At the moment we are tapping it around until it ends up either with an opposition player or Oxley / Lennon who invariably knock it long to not stick.

Where did I say "lump the ball forward"? Go on, show me where I said that!

Tell us what your tactics would be then. If you’re not going to fanny around trying to pass out from the back and you’re not going to play long balls forward, what would you do?

Reactions: GBJ
MM's biggest mistake so far is thinking that Sterling was more of a priority than signing a decent target man type striker.
There's little point in playing pretty, one touch football if every move is going to break down in the opposition half due to a lack of strength and nous.
Sterling needs to be sent back to Spurs at the earliest opportunity to free up a place in the squad for someone more experienced who can lead the line in a struggling team.

I agree with others re Kyle Taylor. He has shown he can knit play together in the middle of the pitch, so why on earth play him wide?
He was ineffective and understandably frustrated.

I like Egbri and the way he never hides and can carry the ball forward. But you have to ask yourself what he offers in terms of improving our chances of scoring? I can't remember him putting in a cross so far this season, and he's so easy to knock off the ball.

Goodship had some good moments in the first half and maybe should have had a penalty. But too often he let himself down with a poor lay off or a wayward pass.

Clifford is a left back with great potential who has proved he can play and mix it in league one. Quite how Taylor was preferred as Ralph's replacement I'd not quite sure. I can only assume it's because Of Taylor's extra height as we look so vulnerable when any ball comes into the box.

I haven't a clue where we go from here.
Molesley needs to have a rethink and get us playing with more purpose and positivity. Let's get some crosses into the box, let's have a shoot on sight policy.... anything other than what we're seeing right now.

MM has no idea how to manage a professional club and I fear we are going to be dead in the water before he learns.

Let's hope that a couple of teams go belly up in league 2 financially and we survive on a technicality

EDIT: **** it, it's not worth it.

Everything's great! Everything is awesome! We're doing so ****ing well!

Well clearly not. But I can at least see why we're trying to play this way. Obviously it looks rubbish when you're trying it with players totally short on confidence.

You say that like Goodship could do something with it on the floor.

Do agree though.

He gives the ball away an awful lot when there's nobody really on him (by L2 standards) and it's not even with balls that if successful will open up a defence.

However, I appear to be in a minority and most seem to rate him. I'm not sure what attributes of his I'm missing that they are seeing.

He gives the ball away an awful lot when there's nobody really on him (by L2 standards) and it's not even with balls that if successful will open up a defence.

However, I appear to be in a minority and most seem to rate him. I'm not sure what attributes of his I'm missing that they are seeing.

Nope. I think he is useless. He lost the ball loads tonight and gifted position.

He was a non league gamble. He is a non league player who simply isn't good enough to play in the football league.

Just before we light our torches and go for the pitch forks, can we just remember that there is more to this than just the simple black and white case of MM being a crap manager. Does anyone here genuinely believe things would improve overnight with him gone? The way it did when Powell & Bond left?

I’m not the president of the MM fan club, and I absolutely believe he’s made (honest) mistakes so far.

But let’s have this right, We have been the masters of our own downfall, and we’re reaping exactly what we have sown this season.

We returned to pre-season training later than anyone else, which put us at an instant disadvantage coming into the season. The gym staying locked and the facilities being weathered didn’t help either. Imagine a professional football club telling its player they need to use their own gyms (David Lloyd’s for example), if they want to do any strength work, as the one at the training ground wasn’t fit for purpose.

We then took an age to employ a manager. Whilst other teams were working on plans, formations & tactics, Ron was giving us cryptic clues like some giggling schoolgirl, on who the next manager might be.

Still, with a manager eventually in place, we began looking at our pre-season schedule... which was to be one of the shortest in our history, lasting just 4 weeks. It’s lucky we hadn’t had an extreme off-season of 5-months to contend with ?.

It’s also very lucky that those South London rascals Millwall & Charlton answered our calls for help, because at that time, we couldn’t get anyone else above non-league to play against us. The evening that Concord rolled us over, the alarm bells were ringing loud and clear to me.

Then came the shocking, out of the blue news that Humphrys wanted to leave, and Kelman wouldn’t be too far behind him. I mean, we’d only known about it since the first day of pre-season training. There was no rush to address that situation, was there? As with everything else that had gone before it, we just ambled our way through the days, hoping for the best, and pretending that we’d be alright. Who’d have thought that having a competent & balanced forward line would be so important?

But thankfully, when those players did eventually leave, we weren’t hampered by any embargoes. Oh.

Well, at least we could still bring some players in. Just a shame that the calibre of players we required, weren’t queuing up to join a back-to-back relegation fodder team, who had a history of not paying staff on time, along with a points deduction hanging over their heads, and a £700k tax bill, but no pot to **** in.

Let’s just be honest, we’re just a tinpot club at this stage, no more no less. We have caused our own problems & made a bad situation worse. We are beyond shambolic on every front.

It’s ****ing soul destroying to see what’s happened to this club. I have no idea how we turn this ship around, but the reasons as to why we’re in this situation run a lot deeper than just blaming an inexperienced manager.

Just before we light our torches and go for the pitch forks, can we just remember that there is more to this than just the simple black and white case of MM being a crap manager. Does anyone here genuinely believe things would improve overnight with him gone? The way it did when Powell & Bond left?

I’m not the president of the MM fan club, and I absolutely believe he’s made (honest) mistakes so far.

But let’s have this right, We have been the masters of our own downfall, and we’re reaping exactly what we have sown this season.

We returned to pre-season training later than anyone else, which put us at an instant disadvantage coming into the season. The gym staying locked and the facilities being weathered didn’t help either. Imagine a professional football club telling its player they need to use their own gyms (David Lloyd’s for example), if they want to do any strength work, as the one at the training ground wasn’t fit for purpose.

We then took an age to employ a manager. Whilst other teams were working on plans, formations & tactics, Ron was giving us cryptic clues like some giggling schoolgirl, on who the next manager might be.

Still, with a manager eventually in place, we began looking at our pre-season schedule... which was to be one of the shortest in our history, lasting just 4 weeks. It’s lucky we hadn’t had an extreme off-season of 5-months to contend with ?.

It’s also very lucky that those South London rascals Millwall & Charlton answered our calls for help, because at that time, we couldn’t get anyone else above non-league to play against us. The evening that Concord rolled us over, the alarm bells were ringing loud and clear to me.

Then came the shocking, out of the blue news that Humphrys wanted to leave, and Kelman wouldn’t be too far behind him. I mean, we’d only known about it since the first day of pre-season training. There was no rush to address that situation, was there? As with everything else that had gone before it, we just ambled our way through the days, hoping for the best, and pretending that we’d be alright. Who’d have thought that having a competent & balanced forward line would be so important?

But thankfully, when those players did eventually leave, we weren’t hampered by any embargoes. Oh.

Well, at least we could still bring some players in. Just a shame that the calibre of players we required, weren’t queuing up to join a back-to-back relegation fodder team, who had a history of not paying staff on time, along with a points deduction hanging over their heads, and a £700k tax bill, but no pot to **** in.

Let’s just be honest, we’re just a tinpot club at this stage, no more no less. We have caused our own problems & made a bad situation worse. We are beyond shambolic on every front.

It’s ****ing soul destroying to see what’s happened to this club. I have no idea how we turn this ship around, but the reasons as to why we’re in this situation run a lot deeper than just blaming an inexperienced manager.

Agree with all of that apart from the "We" aspect of it.

One man is solely responsible for the terrible financial shape of the club. He has big ideas and very very shallow pockets.

The fans even last season stuck with the club. We were dire but still pulling in 6k+

MM has a very very difficult job and I'm not sure he is up to it, but it makes me less confident when he is playing players ahead of better players and out of position whilst we offer little up top and look shockignat the back.

I hope he turns it round but I am fearful he won't

Not calling for his head but does make you wonder if he can cut the mustard at this level.

My big concern when he was appointed was that he was simply using his under 23 bournemouth position to use loan players to get weymouth promotion.

I find it very alarming that hes trying out random formations which may be clever on paper but dont really work in L2, especially with a squad of players that dont know each other.
We started finally showing some promise a couple of games back and its been flushed down the toilet.

Im also skeptical about his entourage, too many cooks perhaps?

You look at whats happening now and despite phil browns many failings i never really felt he would take us to the conference.

Very worrying. I cant see how people think we would ever get out of non league of we dropped that far.

Not calling for his head but does make you wonder if he can cut the mustard at this level.

My big concern when he was appointed was that he was simply using his under 23 bournemouth position to use loan players to get weymouth promotion.

I find it very alarming that hes trying out random formations which may be clever on paper but dont really work in L2, especially with a squad of players that dont know each other.
We started finally showing some promise a couple of games back and its been flushed down the toilet.

Im also skeptical about his entourage, too many cooks perhaps?

You look at whats happening now and despite phil browns many failings i never really felt he would take us to the conference.

Very worrying. I cant see how people think we would ever get out of non league of we dropped that far.

I am intrigued why people think it is an "entourage". The previous management team all left. So did the physio. He's understandably replaced them with people he knows and trusts. As far as I can see the only person that has actually been jettisoned was Lee Harrison.

Back