• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Molesley

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
Since he has been appointed our manager he is like a breath of fresh air when you listen to him in interviews very straight forward unlike some of our recent managers.I really hope it works for him and his team so we can get some good times back at RH and give fans something to look forward to

If he does turn us around (I actually think he will given time) his name will deserve to be said/spelt correctly!

I wonder if he will survive the whole of October before the 'fans' really turn on him.

I think there is a debate to be had about the passing out style of football from the back which is not something I readily associate with L 2 football.

Other than that I wish MM well,thought it's clearly going to be kids against men every week (I expect us to get easily beaten again against Exeter on Sat.)In fact realistically. (for me at least), success this season would be avoiding relegation.Fortunately,with teams like Bolton,Oldham and Grimsby in L2 we would appear to have a reasonable chance of avoiding the drop.That elusive first win still seems some way off, however.

Much too early to pass judgement. His PR is infinitely better than his last few predecesors but it should be remembered that as a manager at this level he is just as untried and inexperienced as the squad he has inherited. I really hope he will succeed but he needs to be given time as there will obviously be plenty of bumps on the road ahead.

He will be given time by the fans for a few reasons. He inherited a team mostly full of young men that sadly are nowhere near ready, with none of them pulling up trees, although they are giving their all and trying their best. He's already been struck by the injury curse, even tho he's only just got here. He's made a huge impression with the players and remaining staff at the club. People are also impressed by his backroom team he has brought in. He's extremely dedicated and hard working, unlike a recent manager. He's implementing new ways of thinking and doing things for the players, that are starting to sink in. He has already brought in a few good players that will improve the team vastly. He can only be judged when we have our strongest team out on the pitch, which will probably be in a few months. I think he's a breath of fresh air, and I'm confident that we're in the best hands considering our situation. I think we all have to back him, and suck up the results and performances until the real team is out on the pitch.

He's a likable individual and you knew you was going to get the right kind of work ethic and attitude with him , I really hope he succeeds here and gets us buzzing again , I think us fans are fairly realistic bunch, we can handle losing , but its teh manner in which we have been so easy to beat in the past 2 seasons which gets people frustrated
If he can get us playing some decent easy on the eye stuff with some fight and grit instilled in the side I think folk will leave him be and give him the time he needs to turn this sinking ship around .

I like what MM is doing. Some of the football is really good, the signings are interesting and realistic. Our shape against Crawley was impressive. MM doesn't whinge and moan or blame anyone else. He doesn't act like he's doing us a favour by being here. I don't think we'll start to see much improvement in results until December and we are going to get battered on quite a few occasions. There will be more Harrogates. I think fans are being patient. Its probably a good thing we're not allowed in the stadium right now. We just need to stay up, hopefully ending the season positively to take us into next season. Weird to say that after just 4 games but that's where we are.

No one can doubt that the players he has brought in so far have have strengthened the squad considerably. Unfortunately, his rebuilding efforts have been hampered by the restrictions the embargo have placed him under, and, our squad is too small in number as well as being chronically short of quality players. At the moment we are only one or two injuries away from disaster. If we were to lose two three key players for any length of time I suspect our season would be pretty much done. Hopefully, MM and his team can find a way to bring in a few more players, and they are of equal ability to those he has already recruited.

I think there is a debate to be had about the passing out style of football from the back which is not something I readily associate with L 2 football.

Other than that I wish MM well,thought it's clearly going to be kids against men every week (I expect us to get easily beaten again against Exeter on Sat.)In fact realistically. (for me at least), success this season would be avoiding relegation.Fortunately,with teams like Bolton,Oldham and Grimsby in L2 we would appear to have a reasonable chance of avoiding the drop.That elusive first win still seems some way off, however.

How quickly people forget Tilly's side with Adam Barrett bringing it out from the back or Kevin Maher dropping deep to pick up the ball from Lewis Hunt.

It's also not going to be kids against men every week. Once Kelman goes the only regular league starters under 21 are going to be Egbri and Acquah who turned 19 and 20 in the summer - and that's assuming Nathaniel-George and Akinola don't come into the side for them. Our average age last week was 24.0. Saturday's opponents Exeter's was 24.7.

We're playing catch-up because we started late - getting a manager in place, fitness wise, signings. We're getting to the stage where that should now be less of an issue on a match to match basis. I would expect us to be competitive Saturday. We might still lose (Exeter were beaten play-off finalists so are likely one of the best teams in the division) but I'd at least expect us to make them work for it.

I wonder if he will survive the whole of October before the 'fans' really turn on him.
You could give us fans the benefit of the doubt every now and again.
Your post also infers that “we “have already started to turn against him. I see nothing to suggest that.

alternatively you could, as has been suggested numerous times say “ some fans” rather than tarnish us all with the same brush which is frankly tiresome and reduces the impact and value of such posts

I really hope he can turn us around. It is a double edged sword in some ways as if he does start to improve the situation at the club and our results improve and the playing style improves etc, then he will likely be snapped up by a team higher up the leagues and we have to start again ! As long as we survive in the league then that is all that matters.

I think he comes across well and the Reports from Players via the press are all positive, it seems he's putting in the hard graft and thats being noticed & appreciated.

If the fans turned on him then it would be ridiculous, in reality he's being asked to dish up a 5 course Michelin Star Lunch with only a single tin of gone off baked beans in the cupboard.

Given another 3 or 4 weeks confident we will regularly pick up more points and be able to build for a more competitive season next year. Saturday was a real pleasure to see a battling side with the chances to have scored 3 goals!

Get the treatment room cleared out and we will surprise some of the naysayers on here

Didn't really play out from the back much at all against Crawley and we played better for it. As we now have Acquah and Ralph high up the pitch who ate both good in the air, I'll happily accept long goal kicks with the odd short one to mix it up a bit

Back