• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Molesley

Funny how the guy who took us out of the league gets more respect than the guy who has won us a playoff final!

I’m not going so no boo from me but come on people, did you watch his team last season?

Sure he was hamstrung by the embargo but we had a better squad than others and we went down with a whimper.

He chose the wrong tactics at the beginning of last season, but adjusted.
For all that, he didn't come across as inspirational, eh?
He was the wrong choice at the wrong time, and given a better set of circumstances, it would have been different?
There again, anyone 'Arry recommends has, like the gift horse, to be looked in the mouth!
Yeah, like others: it's all a bit meh...

Spoken like someone without a clue

my dear friend I know nothing about football management ... I am not a football manager ...

Mark Moseley is a non league football manager. He was given the opportunity to manage a well supported professional football club in the EFL .

He FAILED and got them relegated.

He FAILED ... he got us relegated .. he was ****e ..

I can;t stand seeing his name ... I think Billy Bunter could have kept us up.

I thought his gang of mates was a joke

The team always looked clueless ..

I glad you have a different opinion and am delighted he is doing so well back in the non league world where he came from

The man who took us non league - can't stand the sight of him... YUK YUK

He always looked non league in his trainers ..

a nightmare - wtf did you remind me of it

aAAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

my dear friend I know nothing about football management ... I am not a football manager ...

Mark Moseley is a non league football manager. He was given the opportunity to manage a well supported professional football club in the EFL .

He FAILED and got them relegated.

He FAILED ... he got us relegated .. he was ****e ..

I can;t stand seeing his name ... I think Billy Bunter could have kept us up.

I thought his gang of mates was a joke

The team always looked clueless ..

I glad you have a different opinion and am delighted he is doing so well back in the non league world where he came from

The man who took us non league - can't stand the sight of him... YUK YUK

He always looked non league in his trainers ..

a nightmare - wtf did you remind me of it

aAAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh
At last!!! Well said. Wouldn’t have got the gig without ‘Arry.

No booing though. He hasn’t been disrespectful, has he.

Give him a little clap from me…

Attachments

• D49A10A2-B019-4F0E-A29A-8F0B9FB9E8BF.jpeg
    D49A10A2-B019-4F0E-A29A-8F0B9FB9E8BF.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 122
I wouldn't boo him nor would I applaud him - it is a period in our Club's history I would rather forget ever happened. He has moved on, so have we, as ever, hoping for a win for King Kev's Shrimpers.

I would like to see out fans turn their backs for the entire match and then force Mark Molesley to drive his motor under a giant Southend flag on his way home from the game.

Molesley is a professional and I'm sure he would accept that his term with us didn't go the way he planned and hoped. That's the way it is in professional football and he took the hit and moved on. He now manages a team in the same division as us, and if they win he might get a little feeling of satisfaction inside, but apart from that I doubt he lose any sleep if they lose. Interestingly Chris Powell went down the slippery slope as he couldn't cope, but he is still loved by the Shrimpers faithful.

At the end of the day football professionals do their job without too much loyalty to anything apart from their contract as tenure can often be too short for loyalty to build. I'd neither clap him nor boo as I doubt he will come anywhere near our supporters. Far better to give our full attention to our current head coach and the team. Big support from the beginning does wonders for the team and shows we care. Obviously, if we do give them a tanking then it would be a poor show not to ask what the score was, but in a friendly way.

How can people say he took us down. He was not given the opportunity to take us down or keep us up.
He was the wrong manager to be appointed at that stage of our club's demise. However, towards the end he seemed to have a conservative plan not to get beat and concede goals.
It was ugly and disheartening to watch. However, it might have gone down to the last game of the season and been "Squeaky Bum" time, but he might have just kept us up.

The thing I respected about him was, that under very difficult circumstances, he always stayed positive about the situation and the team and always seemed confident that he had the ability to keep us up and always took responsibility and attempted to respond to any questions fired at him.

Aldershot is probably a better fit for him right now in his career. However, would not be surprised to see him back in the EFL some time in the future,

You prove this every time you post

oh no ....

i didn't know Gareth Southgate posted on here . !!

if you want to be PROVED RIGHT in life focus on the national lottery

otherwise accept you know sweet FA like every other poster - no better no worse ..

BTW - when people are rude to me on here i occasionally get drawn into retaliating by being rude back ( i am good at it) then i end up hating myself for being so petty ,,

peace love and understanding ..

Back