• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Rawle

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bigdel @ April 18 2004,12:08)]There's  one point missing on this Rawle,Dudfield,Connie debate.

Connie hasn't signed a new contract with the club yet ?
What will the reaction be if Connie goes to another club for a few dollars more,especially if its a swop with cash for Rawle
rock.gif
I don't have a clue what players think, but they seem to appreciate Tilson/Brush and I think that there is a good team spirit(apart from Jupp:() and there shalln't be many Judas'!

I HOPE!
smile.gif

I cant beleive people would have the dirty little Judas Rawle back, Give me Drewe over him anytime. OK he is not as naturally gifted However he is blue through and through and gives it his all.

Rawle is much better than Tes. Rawle always worked hard and he wasn't afraid to run at people. He was an exciting player and I'd have him over Drewe and Tes, but not over Dudfield and Constantine. Tes has had more than enough chances to prove himself this season and he's failed.

Anyone know who the blond guy was with Dreewe and Smithy?

Apparently, Juppy's not a team player for the heinous crime of not clapping the fans at the end.
rock.gif

And here's me thinking we go to a football match to see our football team play football, rather than having a jolly good mutual round of applause.
rock.gif

I have to admit he does do that a lot. Yesterday good old Tilly had to tell him to applaud us (which was very nice of him, rather than letting him walk away). I like Jupp though he works hard although he was pretty poor yesterday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ April 18 2004,14:00)]I have to admit he does do that a lot. Yesterday good old Tilly had to tell him to applaud us (which was very nice of him, rather than letting him walk away). I like Jupp though he works hard although he was pretty poor yesterday.
Don't you think you are contradicting yourself
rock.gif

Not so long go, there was a great debate over Drewe and his ability. And although some people said he worked hard (which he does) You still wouldn't like him.

yet now, you are liking Jupp because he 'works hard' even though, he hasn't got the ability to play for Basildon United
wow.gif

Back to Rawle, i would love to have Rawle back, not only would i be able to wear the Rawle shirt again, but he does have talent.

It would be nice to see Connie and Rawle on either wing, as Bigdel said put Drewe as a Centre Back and play Dudfield in the middle.

Raaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeee

If a player leaves at the end of his contract to join a club at a higher level then that's one thing, and having him back if it doesn't work out would usually be fine by me.

But Rawle left for another club at the same level, which is something else altogether. If he comes back then I'll obviously want him to do well for the sake of the club, but I'd much rather he never darkened our door again.

As for Tes, well, I've always felt that his natural abilty is excellent - better than Rawle - and as he hasn't done the dirty on us I still hope that we'll finally get the best out of him more than one match in five. Much better to persevere with Tes than to welcome back a deserter.

I personally would first of all get rid of Broughton because he is dire and cannot do what strikers are suppose to do which is score goals. His scoring record speaks for itself.

I wouldnt have Rawle back on a free transfer, the bloke chose his decision to leave us when we needed him so he sohuld stick by that.
I would keep Bramble but only as cover for Constantine and Lawrie and if i were Tilly i would go out and buy another quality proven goalscorer which is what we need if we are to mount a serious promotion surge next season.
Southend will now be a club who people will want to join especially with Tilly being boss, we need another striker a left and right back a central defender and at least one more midfielder.

Yesterdsy proved once again how far we had come since Steve Tilson had become manager, i cant wait for next season already and for the first time in years am enjoying watching Southend United.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (petejan @ April 17 2004,21:50)]I also spoke to mark and the little lady who was sitting with him looked pretty ****ed off .sorry to say this but Oh how the mighty have fallen tough luck Rawley you should have signed instead of being greedie .
Sorry to say this now... or did you say it to his face?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper Zoo @ April 18 2004,13:53)]Apparently, Juppy's not a team player for the heinous crime of not clapping the fans at the end.    
rock.gif

And here's me thinking we go to a football match to see our football team play football, rather than having a jolly good mutual round of applause.    
rock.gif
At the same time not just that he seems to like having a go back at Tilson and all the other players, now I don't really care that much(I think it's quite funny really)!
biggrin.gif
The whole clapping thing isn't the factor it's more of a sympton! One more thing, he can really play cr*p at times!

Sorry, I cannot see Rawles fit into our side now. Our 4 striker have different slyles of plays which is good to have in our squad instead of having 4 striker of same slyles.

Its don'st help that Bramble have an stop-start to his season, have some of you have a short memory that he did'nt get a run of games cos of his injurys. Once Bramble get 100% injury free runs then most 3rd Div defencers havent got a prayer.

As for Rawles, its nice for him to come and watch our match, but I reckon Oxford soon need him a lot as they cannot score to save their life.

Rawle over Bramble? Why are we even discussing this. Its a no-brainer. Just give Bramble a run in the side and he'll come good. I know i'm one of his biggest fans (so im biased) but would you really have Bambi On Ice back !?

Kev

wow.gif

b******s to Rawle. Never really rated him anyway, and we have much better strikers at the club at the moment anyway!He made his money influenced decision, let him suffer!

mad.gif

I think your subconscious was working there, Kev, where you mentioned Tes and "no-brainer" on the same line.

I take it you've seen and heard his interviews then.  
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ April 19 2004,14:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ April 18 2004,13:47)]Rawle is much better than Tes.
No, he isn't.
is he better than Belgrave?

I can't understand why anyone would him back anyway after Leon is doing well and with other more than competent strikers in the wings.

I'd say that Rawle is better than Belgrave but that hardly makes him Alan Shearer.

We don't need Rawle back. He isn't good enough for where we want to be.

Back