• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Martin Jol

Didnt he leave at half time tho? I couldnt see him in the same seat as he was in the first half.

He was further up cause I remember seeing him come out just after kick off he didn't have a seat so they put him where Sir Ron usually sits.

Where was Ron today did anyone see him??

Werent he in hospital or something...or something to do with an old sporting injury...

By the time the echo arrives on Monday that will probably be that he was in Holloway or some such nonsense...

They just showed him on SSN! They also said when he was questioned as for his reasons for being there was.... Just to enjoy a game of football!

Why choose us though??

Funny enough I went up to him out side the east stand..., asked are u the next Southend manager and he look and smiled ??

Lets be honest here Steve Tilsons a legend and being with us us 20 odd years good luck to the guy... A SOUTHEND UNITED LEGEND 4 EVER IN MY EYES

WE ALL MARCH TOGETHER

I believe we have a really good team here... any good manager WILL take us up

New GROUND IN THE PIPE LINE.... WE ARE MASSIVE... Wickford n Pitsea Boys will be coming in numbers :-) 15,000 Home support mark my words Stevie Tilson or not we WILL be the no1 Club in SOUTH ESSEX !!

ONE TEAM IN ESSEX
southend united fc

Lets be honest here Steve Tilsons a legend and being with us us 20 odd years good luck to the guy... A SOUTHEND UNITED LEGEND 4 EVER IN MY EYES

WE ALL MARCH TOGETHER

I believe we have a really good team here... any good manager WILL take us up

New GROUND IN THE PIPE LINE.... WE ARE MASSIVE... Wickford n Pitsea Boys will be coming in numbers :-) 15,000 Home support mark my words Stevie Tilson or not we WILL be the no1 Club in SOUTH ESSEX !!

ONE TEAM IN ESSEX
southend united fc

What do you mean WILL!! We already are the best team in ESSEX!!

i don't see how martin jol coming to watch a football match in southend is a bad thing. houghton and tilly are good mates, and houghton doesn't go anywhere without martin jol.
martin jol admitted himself after we played them in the carling cup that he was impressed with our style of football, and perhaps as his saturdays are now free he wanted to come and watch us again.
either way, if all this rubbish about how he will be next manager turns into him actually taking over then good luck to the man. he could take this club far.

I have to say stranger things have happened but i think it' just a case of Tilly inviting Chris down to see a game after his turbulent week. As posted above Jol could take this side so so far, but i do believe so can Tilly.

Why not? He's obviously a football man, he lives in Essex, he's at a loose end on a saturday afternoon. If he'd gone to a Premiership game it would have been whipped up into some sort of media frenzy.

well said this man!!!

i asked him and he told me and a few around that the only other local game to go to was Charlton and he said that there was no point in going there as you know what to expect, so he came down to southend.

thats it! end off! was funny to see him and neil warnock aswell!!!

plus he's been linked with the ajax job, now its a tough all between them and Southend I know, but part of me just thinks he'd take that Ajax job if he was offered it

plus he's been linked with the ajax job, now its a tough all between them and Southend I know, but part of me just thinks he'd take that Ajax job if he was offered it

Me too. I also heard that Arsene Wenger is set to take over the vacant managers job at Millwall, but it could just be speculation.

Mourinho for Gillingham, anyone?

Apart from anything else where in the hell would lil ol Southend United find the cash for even one weeks wages for Jol let alone a whole bloody year?

He saw the likes of Wet Spam, Carlton, Watford etc etc week in week out whilst at Spurs. Probably made a nice changed to come down and see how a competitive game of football should be played without having to watch a bunch of prima donna's prancing around complaining about how their next Bentley/Lamborghini is going to be 9 weeks late.

i don't see how martin jol coming to watch a football match in southend is a bad thing. houghton and tilly are good mates, and houghton doesn't go anywhere without martin jol.
martin jol admitted himself after we played them in the carling cup that he was impressed with our style of football, and perhaps as his saturdays are now free he wanted to come and watch us again.
either way, if all this rubbish about how he will be next manager turns into him actually taking over then good luck to the man. he could take this club far.

this is the most sensible reply and i agree.

In the Sun today, he said "after a bad day at the office, you come and watch Southend"

Pic of him in the Sunday Times as well, in front of Sir Teddy

Perhaps Ron has found someone to buy the football club from him after all the property development is done and dusted.

Jol for Owner/Manager anyone?

I was told that Jol and Frank van Wezel are mates. Hence the invite.

Also, by the same source I hear that Jol is being lined up as the coach of the Dutch national side.

Dunno how true either of these are.

Who do we think Warnock was looking at though?

In theory, he could have been on a scouting mission. Possibly looking at Leon Clarke? Can't think of anybody else, as all the attention on us recently has been because of Clarke.

Who do we think Warnock was looking at though?

In theory, he could have been on a scouting mission. Possibly looking at Leon Clarke? Can't think of anybody else, as all the attention on us recently has been because of Clarke.

Could be anyone though, luckily Clarke didn't have the best of games so hopefully he won't hi jack him.

But could be the likes of P Clarke, McCormack, Barrett??? We have some good players so.... Who knows maybe he was looking at Westwood??? He was **** hot so it wouldn't suprise me. Speroni is pretty ****e.

Back